[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The NFL is about get Oregonized

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

3 teams waited for this year to make the changes. Mostly with the Jaguars http://www.uni-watch...rs-uni-details/

Even more hideous than I could have imagined (also sneak peak at Dolphins and Vikes unis): http://nesn.com/2013/04/jaguars-officially-unveil-new-uniforms-featuring-two-tone-helmet-new-looks-for-vikings-dolphins-also-leaked-photos/

Dolphins aren't that bad, but too much teal to go with the fruity logo. The Vikes actually looks like an improvement from the old gaudy uniform design.

From Uni Watch, tighter view of the Dolphins unis: https://twitter.com/UniWatch/status/326766611920990208/photo/1

Aside from the ghey logo, the Dolphins and Vikes should actually both be pretty sharp looking.

I like the Jaguars new look myself. Maybe I need to see it in action to make a final determination.

Looking at that side view beside the Dolphins ones just affirms to me that they're going to look hideous.

You don't have to be a traditionalist to realize the golden rule of uniforms: KISS (keep it simple stupid). I'm really hoping the Falcons go to a sharper design. Red and black is wasted on those busy uniforms.

• 2 years later...

And NFL just announced that 4 NFL games will have an undefined colorization of the players unis this year, brought to you by Nike.

This was apparently discussed during halftime of TNF last night, which I don't usually watch

Some info from another forum I'm on where they discuss NFL uniform stuff alot

There will be four games where both teams will be wearing all coloured unis dubbed the "Color Rush". First is Bills/Jets (Week 10), Titans/Jags (Week 11), Panthers/Cowboys (Week 12) and Bucs/Rams (Week 15). Based on what JB said, these are going to be some brand new threads. Panthers/Cowboys is a Thanksgiving Day game where both teams will be wearing coloured unis.

More info here and some samples

http://news.sportslogos.net/2015/10/29/a-color-rush-is-hitting-the-nfl-and-thursday-night-football/

I hope the Jags do something about their helmets. They look like someone ran out of spray paint halfway through the job. Worst helmets in any level of football.

I actually kind of like them... :unsure:

• Like 2

I hope the Jags do something about their helmets. They look like someone ran out of spray paint halfway through the job. Worst helmets in any level of football.

My understanding is teams only have one helmet now, no alternate helmet to go with alternate uniforms. They can remove stickers, or add things, I think it was the Redskins this past week that wore some throwbacks, and removed the center stripe from the helmets to make them look like the old ones. Somebody else had a game with throwbacks and removed the stickers from them to revert to their original style.

Those Jags helmets are kind of strange, not sure what's up with the primer color front, maybe its to try and make them look meaner. I recall recently several teams redesigned their logos to make them "less cute and more intimidating", think ARZ, MIA and ATL may have been a few of them. (The Cardinal bird sticks in my head, making it have more of an glare to the eyes.)

I'm not a huge fan of the throwback unis (except Chargers powder blue and Patriots red jerseys), as I think most of them look hideous...the worst offenders are the Steelers "bumble bee" jerseys and the Broncos brown and yellow conglomeration (although, I don't recall seeing them, lately)...the Packers blue and mustard brownish/yellowish combo they wore a couple of weeks ago are bad, too...the Redskins jerseys aren't horrible, but the bright burgundy helmets against those dull, dark maroon jerseys looked odd as well...

Having said all of that, I understand "why" the NFL does it (throwbacks), as it's all about the Benjamin's...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was a fan of the color rush last night. Thought the Jets' metallic green facemasks/logos were cool as well.

Thought they were hideous and looked like kids pajamas...LOL

And, if you're color-blind (I am not), fahgetaboutit! Unwatchable...

• 7 years later...
15 hours ago, Big John said:

Cleveland to use an alternate helmet that is white with no logo.  Looks like a Penn State helmet with a couple extra stripes.

Don't care for them, saw it on the news last night. They will wear them for 3 games this year including the game in PIT for MNF, at home vs SF and vs Jets in week 17 on TNF. 

Some pictures in this story. Browns used to wear white helmets long ago when Otto Graham was the QB, haven't worn them in about 70 years. 

According to the article the selection of white as the helmet color was in part based on fan input (same as putting Brownie the Elf as the mid field logo). So that's good, because I think many prior uniform changes were not in line with what fans wanted. (Many wanted no changes.) 

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/browns-unveil-white-alternate-throwback-helmets