[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The NFL is about get Oregonized

Does it? Why would I want to watch a sport that I enjoy so much if it starts annoying me because the league caves in to a bunch of 20-somethings with a box of virtual crayons? Did you see the Maryland uniforms earlier this year? I turned it on, saw the unis, and turned it off. I love the game but won't be held hostage to gross stupidity in the name of profit.

I've stopped listening to some sports radio talk shows because of their over-the-top use of rap bumper music. I'll turn off the NFL if the game pisses me off just watching it. I can find something else to do with my free time that won't annoy me.

C'mon man. I've seen at least 15 different occasions where you've threatened to stop watching the NFL for one reason or another. Stop fooling yourself. You're going to be just like the rest of us and take it up the tailpipe and then turn your TV to football on Sundays. Do your complaining, but these empty threats have run their course.

C'mon man. I've seen at least 15 different occasions where you've threatened to stop watching the NFL for one reason or another. Stop fooling yourself. You're going to be just like the rest of us and take it up the tailpipe and then turn your TV to football on Sundays. Do your complaining, but these empty threats have run their course.

:wacko:

C'mon man. I've seen at least 15 different occasions where you've threatened to stop watching the NFL for one reason or another.

Feel free to go ahead and list them. Make sure to include a link with each.

I'll wait.

As for my resolve - I don't watch pro hockey any longer, and it was a sport where I grew up with foil on rabbit ears to catch Blackhawks games on WGN. I even bought the 45 of their fight song and can still sing half of it. Don't watch MLB with the exception of a rare few playoff games when I used to go to 30+ Brewers games a year in my mid-teens and early 20s, and followed them rabidly when they move from Seattle in '69. I won't watch any NBA either because of the crap product it has become, but I'll watch college basketball all day long provided my wife is busy doing something.

If the NFL elects to alienate me or I don't enjoy their product, I'd drop them and my FF teams and enjoy college football on Saturdays and work on my honey-dos Sundays. I know the NFL may care less, but they ought to unless you think I'm alone - which is possible.

You don't know me. Don't pretend to.

You guys do realize that crappy shoes from spammers doesn't have any say on if a team changes there uniforms, right? They can't make any team wear highligher looking garbage. I can assure you that the Packers, Colts, Bears, Steelers, and Cowboys won't do anything crazy. We know that the Seahawks will do something stupid, but the team itself decides what it will wear. crappy shoes from spammers/Reebok/adidas/under armor just pay for the right to produce said spamshirts.

You guys do realize that crappy shoes from spammers doesn't have any say on if a team changes there uniforms, right? They can't make any team wear highligher looking garbage. I can assure you that the Packers, Colts, Bears, Steelers, and Cowboys won't do anything crazy. We know that the Seahawks will do something stupid, but the team itself decides what it will wear. crappy shoes from spammers/Reebok/adidas/under armor just pay for the right to produce said spamshirts.

It's the league and what they may mandate in the name of greater profit. Hell, they're playing regular season games in freakin' London, for Pete's sake. Tell me how much sense that makes.

It's the league and what they may mandate in the name of greater profit. Hell, they're playing regular season games in freakin' London, for Pete's sake. Tell me how much sense that makes.

Yeah, Rodger Goodell wouldn't mandate teams to make changes to there uniform. THe owners of said teams would have to be on board. Just like the ones who choose to play in London. Goodell works for the owners.

Feel free to go ahead and list them. Make sure to include a link with each.

I'll wait.

As for my resolve - I don't watch pro hockey any longer, and it was a sport where I grew up with foil on rabbit ears to catch Blackhawks games on WGN. I even bought the 45 of their fight song and can still sing half of it. Don't watch MLB with the exception of a rare few playoff games when I used to go to 30+ Brewers games a year in my mid-teens and early 20s, and followed them rabidly when they move from Seattle in '69. I won't watch any NBA either because of the crap product it has become, but I'll watch college basketball all day long provided my wife is busy doing something.

If the NFL elects to alienate me or I don't enjoy their product, I'd drop them and my FF teams and enjoy college football on Saturdays and work on my honey-dos Sundays. I know the NFL may care less, but they ought to unless you think I'm alone - which is possible.

You don't know me. Don't pretend to.

You know darn well I can't go back more than 13 pages. You also know darn well how many times you threatened to stop watching the NFL during this offseason alone. I didn't even realize you wrote this next sentence, but I was just going to ask you "when are you going to enjoy college football on Saturdays and help around the house on Sundays?"

"If the NFL elects to alienate me or I don't enjoy their product, I'd drop them and my FF teams and enjoy college football on Saturdays and work on my honey-dos Sundays.

How many times have you said this very sentence? Yes, I know you. We all do. You don't exactly hide yourself in anonymity around here.

"If the NFL elects to alienate me or I don't enjoy their product, I'd drop them and my FF teams and enjoy college football on Saturdays and work on my honey-dos Sundays.

How many times have you said this very sentence?

Exactly once. Find one time - just once - where I've written this sentence in any other thread in any other forum.

You know me about as well as you know football.

I manually replaced the filter phrase in the link.

Trouble finding a link without that word in it. Try this: http://www.patspulpit.com/2010/11/19/18245...niforms-in-2012

Why not make your own link with tiny url dot com ? :wacko:

(wow that got filtered out to spam, I guess that means we cannot use them here, which I can understand )

Edited by stevegrab

These concept pictures are fakes. This story is sooo old. Where have you been?

<a href="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/19/those-supposed-crappy shoes from spammers-uniform-sketches-are-fake/" target="_blank">http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...tches-are-fake/</a>

I tried to explain twice in this thread that they're fake, but somehow I still think at least 1/2 the people commenting think they're real...

To those who say that the teams will still be in control of uniform changes, as a UGA fan under N*ke I obviously agree for the primary uniforms, that the traditional teams in particular will be unlikely to change their primary uniforms too much...

But what happens when you have a contractual obligation or deal like UGA and other teams to wear N*ke's "pro-combat" monstrosities instead of your current uniforms... They're in the business to sell spamshirts, so I wouldn't put it past them at all to work out deals for NFL teams to come out in their own "special" uniforms from time to time... And as for teams in need of uniform makeover, I have no faith they'll all of the sudden look far better than they have with the stupid bumper stickers they threw all over the Reebok ones.

Edited by delusions of granduer

Exactly once. Find one time - just once - where I've written this sentence in any other thread in any other forum.

You know me about as well as you know football.

I owe you a sincere apology. I got you confused with BeeR. I'm not sure how that happened, and it won't again. I really am sorry, sir. In the future I will attempt to do a bit more research before I let my yapper get me into trouble.

• 5 months later...

New Unis to be unveiled April 3rd

For example, the Seattle Seahawks are expecting some changes that include "feather trim," and the Jacksonville Jaguars will be adopting black as their new primary color, while heritage franchises like the Chicago Bears, Green Bay Packers, Dallas Cowboys are not banking on big alterations to their timeless and recognizable looks. The opportunities for small changes to big market looks with the Washington Redskins, New England Patriots, New York Giants and New York Jets are all enticing to consider, and now NFL fans have to wait less than a month to see if crappy shoes from spammers succeeded in their first attempt at injecting the brand's style into the uniforms for all 32 NFL teams.

:oldunsure:

I welcome the change. Most of the complaints seem to come from the older viewers, crappy shoes from spammers's college uniforms I loved. Reebok's attempt at them made me just laugh.

But if you missed the best uniform they ever created. It was Oregon's rose bowl ones from this year.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/844141/oregon_helmets.jpg

http://www.nikeblog.com/2011/12/27/first-look-oregon-ducks-rose-bowl-uniforms/