[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The NFL is about get Oregonized

If you haven't heard already, in 2012 Reebok will no longer be the outfitter of the NFL... While this would normally bring joy to those like me who hate how they've spit on tradition with most of the new uniforms, N!ke will now take over and has said to expect big changes to the current uniforms... If Oregon and UGA's pro-combat unis are any indication, it's about to get really ugly...

The concept pictures in this thread (scroll down on page 5 and on to page 6+) actually had me fooled because they look exactly like what you can expect from crappy shoes from spammers, but who knows how much worse it might be... If you're a traditionalist, it might be time to downgrade to smaller TV.

(Edit: lol, love how it changes Nike to crappy shoes from spammers)

Edited by delusions of granduer

N*ke has one agenda, and that is to sell as much of their crap as they can. They see a rich market in a younger generation, who like most younger generations will go well out of their way to draw attention to themselves and to buck tradition, and they have no clue a company like N*ke is exploiting them for that.

If this is the way the NFL is going to go and teams are going to wear some of the horse#### that the colleges are now decorating themselves in, I may actually stop watching. I want to enjoy the game, not be constantly annoyed as it is being played because the guys playing look like a bunch of Kansas City f#####s.

ETA - mother****ing languange filter :mad:

Edited by Bronco Billy

I actually like alot of them :wacko:

To be clear, I think those are just some that somebody made, and there have been no official concepts from crappy shoes from spammers. If that's all they do to the Falcons unis, it wouldn't be so bad, but who knows...

They already make me shutter as someone who loves traditional looking uniforms, but it's completely possible that they could be much gaudier and UFLish.

Edited by delusions of granduer

To be clear, I think those are just some that somebody made, and there have been no official concepts from crappy shoes from spammers. If that's all they do to the Falcons unis, it wouldn't be so bad, but who knows...

They already make me shutter as someone who loves traditional looking uniforms, but it's completely possible that they could be much gaudier and UFLish.

Yeah I know there only prototypes. If you youtube them you can actually see every teams.

If you haven't heard already, in 2012 Reebok will no longer be the outfitter of the NFL... While this would normally bring joy to those like me who hate how they've spit on tradition with most of the new uniforms, N!ke will now take over and has said to expect big changes to the current uniforms... If Oregon and UGA's pro-combat unis are any indication, it's about to get really ugly...

The concept pictures in this thread (scroll down on page 5 and on to page 6+) actually had me fooled because they look exactly like what you can expect from crappy shoes from spammers, but who knows how much worse it might be... If you're a traditionalist, it might be time to downgrade to smaller TV.

(Edit: lol, love how it changes Nike to crappy shoes from spammers)

I actually like a lot of those designs. I've always liked what most people perceive as the uglier uniforms - like those Denver Bronco brown and yellows from a few years ago. I welcome this change. :wacko:

N*ke has one agenda, and that is to sell as much of their crap as they can. They see a rich market in a younger generation, who like most younger generations will go well out of their way to draw attention to themselves and to buck tradition, and they have no clue a company like N*ke is exploiting them for that.

If this is the way the NFL is going to go and teams are going to wear some of the horse#### that the colleges are now decorating themselves in, I may actually stop watching. I want to enjoy the game, not be constantly annoyed as it is being played because the guys playing look like a bunch of Kansas City f#####s.

ETA - mother****ing languange filter :mad:

If you stop watching football just because of the uniforms they wear, what does that make you? Lame? Ghey? That just seems a tad hyperbolic to me.

A bunch of fuss over nothing if you ask me... The NFL is controlling enough, you really think Goddell is giving Phil Knight free reign to change everything? Each team is still in control of their unis and while a couple may take the opportunity to make their own changes, the fear of going to some of the gaudy things popping up in college is ridiculous. Even on that note, it's not like n ike is telling these schools "here's your uniforms, don't like em, too bad"... somebody within each schools athletic department is signing off on these things.

Let's hope the NFL doesn't go down the Under Armor/UMD path with regard to uniforms!

The Terps are usually hard to watch, but the new unforms make it almost impossible :wacko:

Bite your tongue! The unis are drawing attention and hopefully dollars for an otherwise dismal Maryland football program.

Bite your tongue! The unis are drawing attention and hopefully dollars for an otherwise dismal Maryland football program.

I agree Trots and understand the rationale, but that doesn't make my eyes hurt any less :wacko:

If you stop watching football just because of the uniforms they wear, what does that make you? Lame? Ghey? That just seems a tad hyperbolic to me.

Does it? Why would I want to watch a sport that I enjoy so much if it starts annoying me because the league caves in to a bunch of 20-somethings with a box of virtual crayons? Did you see the Maryland uniforms earlier this year? I turned it on, saw the unis, and turned it off. I love the game but won't be held hostage to gross stupidity in the name of profit.

I've stopped listening to some sports radio talk shows because of their over-the-top use of rap bumper music. I'll turn off the NFL if the game pisses me off just watching it. I can find something else to do with my free time that won't annoy me.

Edited by Bronco Billy