[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Halloween - Do you dress up at work?

electricrelish

I dressed up today for Halloween at work. I've only been here since June, so I didn't know what the protocol was and forgot to ask. I wasn't planning to, but it was a last minute idea. My g/f dressed up as Mr. T where she works, so she inspired me. I dressed as Clark Kent wearing glasses, a fedora, a suit, and an unbuttoned dress shirt with the S insignia revealed. I've done this particular dress-up before. This costume is the perfect minimal costume to go to work with because it's the same as work clothes.

No one else is dressed up. I went to see a supervisor in my area and he brought a mask but he only put it on once he saw I was dressed. Another manager had a hockey mask that he also quickly put on. Other than those 2, I've seen no one else dressed up.

What's it like where you work?

Edited by electricrelish

A girl just walked by dressed up as a redheaded vampire in a black dress, red cape and fangs with blood. Whew! Glad I wasn't the only one.

Ever wonder if some women use Halloween as a chance to let out their inner "want to dress sexy"

I bartended a private party one time. I got there to set up about 2 hours before the party. The couple that hired me were a young very cool couple. I only met the guy and not his wife. I get there and I meet with him. He has to run out and get some things for the party. His wife was upstairs. he leaves and a few minutes later his wife comes down dressed as a nurse. Lets just say I could stir a drink with no hands after seeing her for 3 seconds. White stockings , garter. Unreal. She puttered around the kitchen getting food ready etc and I sat there and drooled envisioning a scene from penthouse letters. Husband comes home. Looks at her and looks at me and says . "Do you believe this shit " and starts laughing. Some of their guests were decking out in some crazy outfits as well. :wacko:

Edited by whomper

Multiple costume contests at various work locations, etc. so yes, many people here dress up. My primary work location has 5 or 6 main teams based there, so for the last 4-5 years they have had a contest for best team costume - examples from last year were a group doing a Dancing with the Stars Theme - skit with dancing and all included, a group did a MArdi Gras/Carnivale type theme, etc. Was quite fun and a nice break from the typical work day. The managers are quite competitive with it so it generates a lot of participation from the employees.

I dress up as a nerdy economics professor.

Last week's Modern Family had a bit about wearing costumes at work.

Yep, I was just gonna say I normally dress up a little bit, but after watching that episode, probably never again.

Great episode BTW. My wife and I had an argument earlier that day about how I can't always understand what she says (she wasn't born in the US), so it really hit home.

Edited by Seahawks21

Multiple costume contests at various work locations, etc. so yes, many people here dress up. My primary work location has 5 or 6 main teams based there, so for the last 4-5 years they have had a contest for best team costume - examples from last year were a group doing a Dancing with the Stars Theme - skit with dancing and all included, a group did a MArdi Gras/Carnivale type theme, etc. Was quite fun and a nice break from the typical work day. The managers are quite competitive with it so it generates a lot of participation from the employees.

So, 5 groups came up with skits:

1 did Michael Jackson Thriller - all in full makeup, etc.

1 did Monster Mash all in full makeup/zombie like attire.

1 did a Jedi theme.. even had a person come in with their kids - all had lightsabers and struck down Darth Vader

1 did an Elvis theme

1 did a Little Orphan Annie routin that was pretty dang good... mixed the traditional Hard Knock Life sone with the Wu Tang version and pulled it off nicely.

No - not a costume kinda guy - for Halloween, anyway. 2 out of 22 dressed up at work today.

Women do tend to dress sexy for Halloween and they start young. We were picking up my 14 yr old son from a costume party Sat night and there were nearly naked girls and women running around all over. Upon seeing them, I casually say to my wife, "No way he's ready to go home." That got me punched. :wacko:

My costume this year was not "work place appropriate." I actually borrowed from the Huddle by: (step 1) cutting a hole in a box; (step 2) putting giant cock in the box; and (step 3) zip-tying the box to my belt.

It was a little uncomfortable getting my costume ready for the party Saturday night. I hope I didn't freak out the baby sitter too bad.

Ever wonder if some women use Halloween as a chance to let out their inner "want to dress sexy"

You kidding, majority of women do. Lot of vampiresses, women dressed as ho's and other costumes as excuses to wear short skirts and stocking and heels etc. Very obvious and unoriginal and who cares I miss them parties. :wacko:

You kidding, majority of women do. Lot of vampiresses, women dressed as ho's and other costumes as excuses to wear short skirts and stocking and heels etc. Very obvious and unoriginal and who cares I miss them parties. :tup:

They definently like it, but still don't put out :wacko: a good slut is hard ta find

Yep, I was just gonna say I normally dress up a little bit, but after watching that episode, probably never again.

Great episode BTW. My wife and I had an argument earlier that day about how I can't always understand what she says (she wasn't born in the US), so it really hit home.

My wife is not a native English speaker either and I last night I was trying to relate the humor of the "it's a dog eat dog world" idiom as presented in the episode. Alas, my wife had apparently never heard the phrase "dog eat dog world" so the humor was pretty much lost on her. :wacko: