[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kyle Orton placed on waivers

tazinib1

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But Orton will force feed Bowe 12+ targets a game.

Whether Orton stays or even starts, he's a window into what Denver's doing on both offense and, since Tebow has been starting, as a scout team Qb in practice. KC picking him up made sense just to gain knowledge of a division opponent with a new coach.

That said I think Orton is a much better QB than Palko, so he probably starts.

But Orton will force feed Bowe 12+ targets a game.

Didn't Bowe just have the same number of targets with Palko this past week? And went 7 for 87? Not sure Orton does that much more to send Bowe's value "up...and in a big way", which was the original comment I responded to.

he's certainly not a WR1 without a decent QB and the threat of a running game...and in many matchups, not a WR2. i still believe that.

I recognize the sarcasm but as a homer do you think this is a good move for KC? Or should I say do you think Orton can play better than a fart?

For me, I just don't really care. I'd rather see them throw Stanzi in there at this point and get him some reps. The Chiefs are virtually out of the playoff race, and adding Orton's salary just doesn't make a heck of a lot of sense to me.