[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Packers v Lions

gbpfan1231

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, that was an awful display of football from both teams. And the officials should be changed at the half. Just terrible game thus far.

Let's hope the 2nd half brings some fire. And that the Lions wake the F up on O and start playing smarter. Like when you have 3rd and 2 and the D gives you a 10 yard cushion you throw a quick pass for a 1st, not a go route.

Just terrible.

I think it's a combination of conservative play calling, and the Lions pass rush, but the Packers offense is looking rough so far. Inaccurate, drops, penalties... Hopefully they open things up and get some distance between them and the Lions. Hopefully Sitton is good to go in the second half. I don't like the prospects of have Dietrich-Smith going against Suh.

Lion Rbs have 11 of Staffords 14 completions.

Absolutely sh!t play calling.

Yup. What I have been saying all half. Don't get what Detroit is doing. Zero creativity on O. I keep saying it, but frustrating to see Calvin getting 8 yard cushions and them refusing to throw him one snap...boom pass.

Lion Rbs have 11 of Staffords 14 completions.

Absolutely sh!t play calling.

For the Lions? Disagree completely. They've put up 218 yards on offense and are dominating the time of possession. You're sounding like a jilted Calvin owner. The Lions offense is getting it done, only to have mental mistakes undo everything that they've done. The Lions are game opponents. They'd be downright scary if they quit trying to bully everyone.

For the Lions? Disagree completely. They've put up 218 yards on offense and are dominating the time of possession. You're sounding like a jilted Calvin owner. The Lions offense is getting it done, only to have mental mistakes undo everything that they've done. The Lions are game opponents. They'd be downright scary if they quit trying to bully everyone.

Not sure I agree. Yeah they have yards. But have they gotten inside the 20 once? Penalties sure, but yards mean nothing if you don't get in the scoring zone and score some points. They need some big plays. I think they are playing into GB's hands. GB says take your little drop-offs and we'll stiffen when we need to.

Fine line between forcing it and being smart, but I think Detroit needs to be a little more aggressive on O and get their play makers involved.

Edited by giantsfan

218yds of offense... and how many points? Not only do they have zero, they have only attempted 1fg.