[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chargers/Lions

tazinib1

It was nice to see the Lions punch somebody in the mouth to earn a playoff berth, even if it was the pillow soft Chargers.

I think that the Lions have something in Stafford - a real professional quarterback. Its unfortunate for him that he has been overshadowed by that older QB in Denver running that college offense.

Congratulations to the Lions and their fans. Amazing that the Bolts can look like world beaters for three weeks and then stink so badly. I can only hope that the new coach can make them play better EVERY week.

:wacko:

Now that my team is in the playoffs, do I have to start writing poetry?

We played the Lions for the crown,

We played as well as we could.

We left some points on the bench,

So play LaFell? We should.

But Detroit proved to be the best.

They reached the elusive goal.

If not for that defensive score,

The Cards are in the Super Bowl!

If MY team was in the SB, I would write some!

Congrats, egret! Win it all!

I am a lifelong Lions fan, and I will be 48 in March. In my entire lifetime my team has not won a championship, and in that span of nearly 48 years my team has won eactly one playoff game (1991 versus the Cowboys). My bucket list grows shorter each year, but a victory by the Lions in the Super Bowl remains very much near the top of the list entitled "Shiiiite I want to See or Do Before I Croak." I am happy for the team that they have clinched, and yet I remain guarded in my optimism that the Lions are really past the culture of defeatism: remember, it is owner William Clay Ford, Sr. who has presided for nearly five decades of woe, and the 86-year-old Ford Motor Company scion is still in charge.

Sometimes I think Ford may have murdered kittens or something to earn so much bad karma, but I leave open the possibility that he is just unlucky, perhaps even snakebit in his ability to own a championship squad.

I have to admit I thought the previously surging Chargers would roll into Detroit this week and put a world of hurt oin the team's playoff hopes, and so I am pleasantly surprised that the team took care of business so convincingly.

Yup! Norv has to go.

BUT,

This is a pillow soft team, especially on defense. No matter who comes in is going to have some big personnel issues to deal with.

The Oline could be missing three starters.

Linebackers are a joke, no pass rush and no strong safety.

AJ could be off to the Rams and take Fisher with him. Look for Norv as the OC on that crew.

As far as my Bolts? It's gonna be a long next few years. History shows loooooong down periods in between good ones. :wacko::tup:

Yup! Norv has to go.

BUT,

This is a pillow soft team, especially on defense. No matter who comes in is going to have some big personnel issues to deal with.

The Oline could be missing three starters.

Linebackers are a joke, no pass rush and no strong safety.

AJ could be off to the Rams and take Fisher with him. Look for Norv as the OC on that crew.

As far as my Bolts? It's gonna be a long next few years. History shows loooooong down periods in between good ones. :wacko::tup:

Difference this time is that we have a QB in place, no matter the difficulties Rivers had this year, unlike those other down years. We were decent to good/very good with Fouts and Humphries. I don't see San Diego being overly bad as long as we have Rivers. And the other teams in our division have a ways to go too.

I'm eagerly anticipating the new coach. Time to bring back some nasty to this team.

Edited by rebdog