[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

People we lost in 2011....

tazinib1

We lost a great deal of talent in 2011. Some of the names I was shocked to see as I either missed the report or it didn't click.

Pete Posthlewaite -- you know him from The Usual Suspects as the laison to Kaezer Soze.

Jack LaLanne -- I thought he'd live forever

Len Lesser -- better known as Uncle Leo on Seinfeld

Jane Russel -- one of the first Hollywood heartthrobs

Nate Dogg -- died of a stroke...great talent

Michael Gough -- Batmans butler

Elizabeth Taylor -- mega star and a beautiful woman in her hay day

Jackie Cooper -- Superman Daily Planet editor and a child star from the 20's

Randy "Macho Man" Savage -- sad

Jeff Conaway -- I had no idea he had passed. Love him on Taxi

Clarence "The Big Man" Clemons -- he could blow a sax like no other

Peter Falk -- Columbo will forever be his calling card

Amy Winehouse -- alcohol poisoning....ugh

Bubba Smith -- Thank you for Police Academy!!!!!

Cliff Robertson -- Spidermans uncle

Andy Whitfield -- HBO's Spartacus will never be the same

Steve Jobs -- Why are we robbed of brilliance

Andy Rooney -- I think we all grew up listening to his final word

"Smokin Joe Frazier" -- RIP

Heavy D -- I remember buying his cassette in high school

Patrice O'Neil -- man that dude made me laugh

You will all be missed.

Cheetah - O.K. he missed by a few genes.

Osama Bin Laden- I will not miss him

Kim Jung Il - I will not miss him

I guess out of the three Cheetah made the biggest positive contibution. Of course when I die I hope not to be compared to Cheetah as I feel I will come up lacking.

Edited by Ditkaless Wonders

My entire family. Pretty sad if you ask me. Happy New Year!!

Irish is getting divorced and his blood family has pooped all over him for it. He has no one to support him through this garbage. I think his family wants him to put up with his pyscho due to religious reasons and refuse to consider what's best for him and his kids.

In a way, it's worse than them dying. I know it's not, just sayin' that it's a "loss" that he can't even grieve over.

I don't like hearing a report like this for any Huddler.

Irish? whats up man?

I don't like hearing a report like this for any Huddler.

Irish? whats up man?

Ope's and Big John hit it right on the head. I have been separated for about a year now and have gone through mediation sessions heading towards the day in court. Long story short, I have lost my entire family over divorcing my wife after they threatened to disown me if I did. They have since "taken her in" and have supported her every step of the way (even down to my mom/aunt offering to get her legal representation at a firm my aunt works for to try and take my kids away). My mother has called me names to my kids and has told me that I should be a visitational rights only father and that (after a lifetime of living the straight and narrow (i.e.- never doing drugs, never drinking, getting great great through school, never hanging out with trouble makers or in general, cause I had a full time job at a very early age) she has informed me that I am the greatest disappointment of her life. My ex went on vacation this summer with my family on my dime, she has spent all of the holidays with them and is hosting New Years' Eve as I type, at what used to be our house with my family tonight. The divorce has been hard enough but my family (specifically my mother) has made it nearly impossible to manage and unfortunately my kids have had to suffer more than they should have and I am one devastated, bitter, angry, depressed SOB! Going through this over the past year or so has changed who I am and what my mindset/perspective is forever. I am truly broken inside on so many levels. This is a New Year that I will never forget.

Edited by irish

Ope's and Big John hit it right on the head. I have been separated for about a year now and have gone through mediation sessions heading towards the day in court. Long story short, I have lost my entire family over divorcing my wife after they threatened to disown me if I did. They have since "taken her in" and have supported her every step of the way (even down to my mom/aunt offering to get her legal representation at a firm my aunt works for to try and take my kids away). My mother has called me names to my kids and has told me that I should be a visitational rights only father and that (after a lifetime of living the straight and narrow (i.e.- never doing drugs, never drinking, getting great great through school, never hanging out with trouble makers or in general, cause I had a full time job at a very early age) she has informed me that I am the greatest disappointment of her life. My ex went on vacation this summer with my family on my dime, she has spent all of the holidays with them and is hosting New Years' Eve as I type, at what used to be our house with my family tonight. The divorce has been hard enough but my family (specifically my mother) has made it nearly impossible to manage and unfortunately my kids have had to suffer more than they should have and I am one devastated, bitter, angry, depressed SOB! Going through this over the past year or so has changed who I am and what my mindset/perspective is forever. I am truly broken inside on so many levels. This is a New Year that I will never forget.

Oh man. I had no idea. Sorry for you

Dude.....that was very tough to read. I am so sorry to hear what you are going through. I truly can't even imagine how tough that has to be for you. All you can do is try to make the best future you can for yourself and your kids. I wish you the best of luck, and I hope 2012 mends some of your heartache.

Edited by Menudo

My thoughts and prayers are with you Irish, nobody deserves to go through this.

Man, that was tough to read and to understand? How could your own Mother do this? Regardless of fault, a Mother should support her son? Very sorry your going through this Irish. Stay strong, seek out a good counselor and don"t ever bash your wife or your Mom to your kids. Not sure of their age(s) but if you stay consistent and refrain from the temptation of trading "namecalling" you and your children will be better because of it and they will figure out the truth in time. I went through something similar a few years back. Good luck!