[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Greg Jennings says Rodgers a better QB

matt770

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Right now AR is better.

But, he is not as durable..he has already missed games due to injury. He will never make the streak. He has how many concussions before he goes down as Steve Young?

But, too, he has a different rule set in today's NFL. He is one of the top stars and better QB's to play the game.

When he has the MVPs and rings...then annoint him....still a long way to be a Starr or Montana.

Right now AR is better.

But, he is not as durable..he has already missed games due to injury. He will never make the streak. He has how many concussions before he goes down as Steve Young?

But, too, he has a different rule set in today's NFL. He is one of the top stars and better QB's to play the game.

When he has the MVPs and rings...then annoint him....still a long way to be a Starr or Montana.

The Iron man streak is impressive, but I don't think it comes into play when comparing him to another QB. Win %, TD/INT%, Playoff success, Super Bowl Success... Those all mean way more to me. When I think of the greatest baseball players ever, it takes a while for Cal Ripkin to come up.

And lets not act like Favre didn't play in this era... This is the first year he wasn't in the league.

However, as we know, comparing an era in the NFL isn't easy
It's very easy because people do it all the time. It's also very stupid. Also evidenced by how many people do it. :wacko:

This is why I am not nearly as impressed with Brees' yardage record as I was when Marino did it. A great thing sure but not nearly the same level of accomplishment, given all factors.

PS no way does Rodgers break Favre's all-time anything because he won't last that long. Odds are waaay against him.

It's very easy because people do it all the time. It's also very stupid. Also evidenced by how many people do it. :wacko:

This is why I am not nearly as impressed with Brees' yardage record as I was when Marino did it. A great thing sure but not nearly the same level of accomplishment, given all factors.

PS no way does Rodgers break Favre's all-time anything because he won't last that long. Odds are waaay against him.

There was a stat I saw the night Brees broke the record that to me says that Brees' season IS better than Marino's.

The stat was basically this and I apologize that the numbers are not 100 percent exact:

The difference between the average QB passing yds per game then vs. now is only like 20yds per game - actually less I think, but the average difference between Brees' passing yards relative to today's QBs was 101 more yards per game than the average. Marino averaged 70 more yards per game than tthe league average. So Brees, relative to his contemporaries, was better. I think that's the only fair way to compare the two seasons.

So ya, I'm saying that Brees had the better season because he was better compared to his peers than Marino was compared to his.

The Iron man streak is impressive, but I don't think it comes into play when comparing him to another QB. Win %, TD/INT%, Playoff success, Super Bowl Success... Those all mean way more to me. When I think of the greatest baseball players ever, it takes a while for Cal Ripkin to come up.

And lets not act like Favre didn't play in this era... This is the first year he wasn't in the league.

The only reason I mentioned era was because if you are comparing where rodgers is in his career after 4 years of starting you have to go back to the early 90s to do the same with favre...and things are much different now compared to then

Most Seasons, 30+ Touchdown Passes, 9, Brett Favre, 1994–1998, 2001, 2003–2004, 2009

Most games, 200+ yards passing, career: 209, Brett Favre, 1992–2010

Most Games 4+ TD Passes, Career 24, Brett Favre, 1991–2010

Most Games 3+ TD Passes, Career 73, Brett Favre, 1991–2010

Just a few of Favre's Records. AR has set the bar for a career so far with QB Rating, TD/INT Ratio, etc. Phenomenal stats for a young career.

Let AR do this for a decade or so and he can be anointed. Let him win some more rings...then anoint him.

Surgeon yes. But, a gunslinger doesn't get down...just plays with a "Fire" that wins games....but loses just as many not more with dumb mistakes (INTS) at bad times. NYG a number of years ago.

Jennings can say what he wants, but the game is different now than it was when Favre started out. We will see what happens this weekend. I don't think anyone can run and gun with GB when they are hot....but I think GB made a mistake resting AR the last week. They should have let him play a series or two to keep a rhythm. AR can't afford to have a game against the Giants like he did the first half against KC...IMHO I think resting him the last game was a mistake. (YES, I realize they didn't want to get him hurt, but how many teams rested their stars to fall flat after the playoff BYE? (INDY)

Again, I am not bashing AR...if he can make it a decade with these numbers he will break many records. But, he needs to do it for more years to be annointed as one of the "Greatest of all Time".

Any of this help you make a point? :wacko:

Packers stat leaders

Rushing Vince Workman 631 yds

Recvg Sharpe 108/1461/3 Jackie Harris 55/595/2

Rushing Darrell Thompson 654 3tds, edgar bennett 550/9

Recvg Sharpe 112/1274/11 JHarris 42/604/4 EdgarB 59/457/1

Rushing EBennett 623/5 RCobb 579/3

Recvg Sharpe 94/1119/18 RBrooks 58/648/4 EdgarB 78/546/4

Rushing EBennett 1067/3

Recvg Brooks 102/1497/13, Chuma 54/679/7 EdgarB 61/648/4

Sterling Sharpe was a HoF-caliber WR. How many of those does Rodgers have?

(I'll help out - none).

Starr was a fantastic game manager. I don't know much about Harber. Starr didn't have the arm, but he was smart, had a great line and backfield to play with. Plus, that defense was the best over such a long period. Maybe the best ever.

All that said, Starr retired as the #2 ranked passer in history, and was still #3 as of the rule changes in '78 (behind Len Dawson and Roger Staubach, who were OK QBs themselves).

I will grant that Starr was possibly the 4th best player in his huddle (maybe 5th, at times - behind Gregg, Kramer, Ringo, and Taylor) but there have been QBs in just as advantageous a situation who have NOT accomplished as much as Starr. I think he manages the rare split of being both over-appreciated (he was a WINNER!) and under-appreciated (he was a GAME MANAGER) sometimes in the same breath.

The only reason I mentioned era was because if you are comparing where rodgers is in his career after 4 years of starting you have to go back to the early 90s to do the same with favre...and things are much different now compared to then

I think the point is that whatever rule changes have occurred, Favre was enjoying the same ones from '01 on (even though this year is probably/hopefully a bit of an aberrant uptick); and Favre wasn't exactly living in the "Dead Ball" 70s when he started in '92 - he benefited from the 2nd great unleashing of the passing game (1st - '78; 2nd - '92; 3rd - '04).

There's also the fact that you can probably pro-rate Rodgers' 1st 4 yrs vs that of ANYBODY's best 4 and he'd still be in pretty rare company.

Here's an honest question. If Manning, Brady, Rodgers and/or Brees played in the Montana/Marino eras then how do you all think they would compare to those two players knowing that they(Montana & Marino) are widely considered as, not only two of the best players of their era, but two of the best all-time?

I'm only going to speak for Montana but I will say this.

1) Montana won a lot of games where the Niners didn't score a ton of points. They were throwing it a ton, but as a possession-style game

2) They were also ahead of the curve, so perhaps the guys who came just after him might have had it harder since Ds had been looking at the possession passing attack for some time by then.

I still think Montana is among the best of all time but that had as much to do with the fact that he was so effing clutch as anything else. His passing numbers are not what he's known for and never broke 4000 yards and only 30 TDs once. And not because of his era. He wasn't even the most prolific then. Marino was. And let's not forget Fouts. He also put up way bigger numbers than Montana. Hell, so did Dave Kreig and Neil Lomax.

Edited by detlef

1) Montana won a lot of games where the Niners didn't score a ton of points. They were throwing it a ton, but as a possession-style game

2) They were also ahead of the curve, so perhaps the guys who came just after him might have had it harder since Ds had been looking at the possession passing attack for some time by then.

I still think Montana is among the best of all time but that had as much to do with the fact that he was so effing clutch as anything else. His passing numbers are not what he's known for and never broke 4000 yards and only 30 TDs once. And not because of his era. He wasn't even the most prolific then. Marino was. And let's not forget Fouts. He also put up way bigger numbers than Montana. Hell, so did Dave Kreig and Neil Lomax.

I opened a new thread since it's not really a discussion on Rodgers alone.

IMO he is the best of all time and I think when all is said and done Brady will be 1a

Edited by whomper

This makes me laugh. Rodgers is a great QB, but to say he's better then Favre is retarded. Not even a contest, Favre has a whole page of just all the records and achievements. I know people hate him as a person, but i doubt Rodgers will ever hold the legacy that was Brett Favre.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_caree..._by_Brett_Favre

There was a stat I saw the night Brees broke the record that to me says that Brees' season IS better than Marino's.

The stat was basically this and I apologize that the numbers are not 100 percent exact:

The difference between the average QB passing yds per game then vs. now is only like 20yds per game - actually less I think, but the average difference between Brees' passing yards relative to today's QBs was 101 more yards per game than the average. Marino averaged 70 more yards per game than tthe league average. So Brees, relative to his contemporaries, was better. I think that's the only fair way to compare the two seasons.

So ya, I'm saying that Brees had the better season because he was better compared to his peers than Marino was compared to his.

Interesting stat and good post, but it's misleading. The sucky QBs are dragging this down. :wacko: Basically there are numerous guys routinely tossing over 4000 yds nowdays where in Marino's time it was pretty rare.

This makes me laugh. Rodgers is a great QB, but to say he's better then Favre is retarded. Not even a contest, Favre has a whole page of just all the records and achievements. I know people hate him as a person, but i doubt Rodgers will ever hold the legacy that was Brett Favre.

The only thing I see Rodgers not matching Favre on is the Iron Man record.

I have to agree. My opinion is that Rodgers is a better QB, but we're talking Steve Young to Joe Montana here really. People love to hate Favre because of what went on in the latter part of his NFL career, but had he hung up the cleats the season before GB tossed him to the curb then I think he would be considered in much higher regard.

I have to agree. My opinion is that Rodgers is a better QB, but we're talking Steve Young to Joe Montana here really. People love to hate Favre because of what went on in the latter part of his NFL career, but had he hung up the cleats the season before GB tossed him to the curb then I think he would be considered in much higher regard.

In fairness to Young as far as his comparison to Montana. Montana played under Walsh, Young basically under Seifert. Young also spent some of his prime years butting heads against a Cowboy team that was gifted one of the most lopsided trades of all time and had a talent evaluator that was good enough to completely take advantage of it. Then, of course, he had his career cut short by concussions.

I think Walsh saw the ultimate weapon in Young and I believe he was right. We Niner fans were just spoiled by having a QB as great as Montana right before him and refused to believe that our team, as a whole, was the 2nd best in the league during Young's time as the starter. That Dallas team was freaking stacked.

Hence the "monkey off the back" line after they beat SD in the SB. That shouldn't have all been put on him.

Edited by detlef

I think the point is that whatever rule changes have occurred, Favre was enjoying the same ones from '01 on (even though this year is probably/hopefully a bit of an aberrant uptick); and Favre wasn't exactly living in the "Dead Ball" 70s when he started in '92 - he benefited from the 2nd great unleashing of the passing game (1st - '78; 2nd - '92; 3rd - '04).

There's also the fact that you can probably pro-rate Rodgers' 1st 4 yrs vs that of ANYBODY's best 4 and he'd still be in pretty rare company.

Great point that a few others have made as well. Those saying that Favre played in a different era make it sound like he played long before the passing game became proficient. Sure it has gotten eaisier the last few years, and this year has been an explosion (likely tied to various factors of the lockout and CBA changes).

I can see the view "Rodgers is good, but lets see him do it for another 10 years or so before we even compare him to Favre" And also winning some NFL MVP titles would help. As far as titles,

The only thing I see Rodgers not matching Favre on is the Iron Man record.

The Rodgers hype train is about the same size as the Favre hate train. That's all i'm saying.

I'm not saying he won't be able to. But this is a list of Brett's awards and accomplishments, not going to take out what Rodgers has done as well(i can't imagine there is many).

Honors and awards

Pro Bowl selection eleven times, (1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2007, 2008, 2009)[9]

Six-time First- or Second-Team All-Pro selection, (1995, 1996, 1997, 2001, 2002, 2007)

Associated Press Most Valuable Player Award, three consecutive years (1995, 1996, and 1997; the last shared with Barry Sanders).

Pro Football Writers Association NFL MVP Award, 1995-1996

Newspaper Enterprise Association NFL MVP Award, 1995-1996

The Sporting News NFL MVP Award, 1995-1996

Bert Bell Award, 1995-1996

Miller Lite NFL Player of the Year, 1995-1996

Washington D.C. Touchdown Club NFC Player of the Year, 1995, 1997, 2002, 2007, 2009

Kansas City Committee of 101 awards NFC Player of the Year, 1995-1996, 2002, 2007

Ranked number 82 on The Sporting News list of the 100 Greatest Football Players, 1999[10]

NFL 1990s All-Decade Team

Men's Health Magazine "Toughest Person in America", 2003[11]

Wisconsin Governor Jim Doyle declared November 29, 2004 as Brett Favre Day to honor Favre's 200th consecutive NFL regular season start.[12]

Sports Illustrated Sportsman of the Year, 2007[13]

Chris Greicius Celebrity Award from the Make a Wish Foundation for "being a true standout, even among the many generous celebrities who help create magical experiences for the kids who wish to meet them.", 2007[14]

United States Sports Academy Male Athlete of the Year Award finishing ahead of Tiger Woods and Tom Brady, 2007[15]

NFC Offensive Player of the Week honor twelve times.[16]

AFC Offensive Player of the Week honor two times.[16]

NFC Offensive Player of the Month honor six times.[17]

Appeared on the cover of the Madden NFL 09 video game, released on August 13, 2008.[18]

[edit]NFL Milestones

[edit]NFL Records

[edit]Passing touchdowns

Most passing touchdowns: 508[19][20]

Most consecutive uninterrupted games with at least 1 TD pass: 36[21]

Most consecutive playoff games with at least 1 TD pass: 20[22]

Most games with at least 4 touchdown passes: 23[23]

Most games with at least 3 touchdown passes: 72[24]

Most games with at least 2 touchdown passes: 159[25]

Most games with at least 1 touchdown pass: 249[26]

Most playoff games with at least 2 touchdown passes: 15[27]

Most playoff games with at least 1 touchdown pass: 22[28]

Most games with at least 4 touchdown passes over age 40: 3[29]

Most games with at least 3 touchdown passes over age 40: 6[30]

Longest touchdown pass: 99 yards (tied with several others)[31][32]

Most touchdown passes of 80+ yards: 9[33]

Most touchdown passes of 70+ yards: 15[34]

Most touchdown passes of 20+ yards: 172[35]

Most touchdown passes of 10+ yards: 298[36]

Most Red zone touchdown passes: 345[37]

Most 1 yard touchdown passes: 37[38]

Most 1 yard touchdown passes, passer/receiver combination: 8, Brett Favre/Bubba Franks[39]

Most seasons with at least 20 touchdown passes: 15[6]

Most seasons with at least 30 touchdown passes: 9[6][40]

Most consecutive seasons with at least 30 touchdown passes: 5[6]

Most seasons with at least 35 touchdown passes: 3[6] (Tom Brady tied with 3)[41]

Most consecutive seasons with at least 35 touchdown passes: 3[6]

Most seasons leading the league in touchdown passes: 4 (tied with Johnny Unitas, Len Dawson and Steve Young)[42]

Most touchdown passes at one stadium: 214 (Lambeau Field)[43][44][45]

Most touchdown passes against a single opponent (regular season): 60 vs. Chicago Bears[8]

Most touchdown passes against a single opponent (regular season plus post season): 61 vs. Detroit Lions[8][46][47]

[edit]Passing yards

Most passing yards: 71,838[48][20]

Most seasons with at least 3,000 passing yards: 18[6]

Most consecutive seasons with at least 3,000 passing yards: 18[6]

Most games with at least 200 passing yards: 209[49]

Most passing yards at one stadium: 28,240 (Lambeau Field)[50][44][45]

Oldest player to pass for 400 yards in a game: 446 yards vs. Arizona (41 years, 28 days)[9][40]

Most playoff passing yards: 5,855[9]

Most passing yards against a single opponent (regular season): 8,954 vs. Detroit Lions[8]

Most passing yards against a single opponent (regular season plus post season): 9,420 vs. Detroit Lions[8][46][47]

[edit]Pass completions

Most pass completions: 6,300[51][20]

Most seasons with at least 300 completions: 18[6]

Most consecutive seasons with at least 300 completions: 18[6]

Most games with at least 20 completions: 189[52]

Most games, pass completions: 299[9]

Most consecutive games, pass completions: 298[9]

Most playoff pass completions: 481[9]

Most pass completions against a single opponent (regular season): 775 vs. Detroit Lions[8]

Most pass completions against a single opponent (regular season plus post season): 813 vs. Detroit Lions[8][46][47]

[edit]Pass attempts

Most pass attempts: 10,169[53][20]

Most seasons, 500 pass attempts: 16 1993–2002, 2004–2009[9]

Most consecutive seasons, 500 or more pass attempts: 10 1993–2002[9]

Most games, 40 or more pass attempts, career: 78[54]

Most games, 30 or more pass attempts, career: 211[55]

Most games, pass attempts, career: 301[9]

Most consecutive games, pass attempts, career: 301[9]

Most playoff pass attempts: 791[9]

Most pass attempts against a single opponent (regular season): 1,217 vs. Detroit Lions[8]

Most pass attempts against a single opponent (regular season plus post season): 1,281 vs. Detroit Lions[8][46][47]

[edit]Passing interceptions

Most interceptions thrown: 336[56]

Most games with 300 yards passing and no interceptions, career: 27[57]

Most games with 4 touchdown passes and no interceptions, career: 12[58]

Most games with 3 touchdown passes and no interceptions, career: 36[59]

Most games with 20 completions and no interceptions, career: 65[60]

Most games with 40 pass attempts and no interceptions, career: 15[61]

Most games with 30 pass attempts and no interceptions, career: 61[62]

Most playoff interceptions thrown: 30[9][63]

[edit]Starts/games played

Most starts by a player: 298 (322 including playoffs)[64]

Most consecutive starts by a player: 297 (321 including playoffs)[65]

Most consecutive games played by a non-special teams player: 299 (323 including playoffs)[66]

Most starts by a quarterback in one stadium: 119, Lambeau Field (including twice as a Minnesota Viking)[67]

Most games played by a quarterback in one stadium: 120, Lambeau Field (including twice as a Minnesota Viking)[44]

Most starts by a quarterback 40+ years old: 25 (Warren Moon and Vinny Testaverde tied with 25)[68]

Oldest quarterback to start a conference championship game: 40 years, 106 days; vs. New Orleans Saints, 2009 NFC Championship[69]

Most games played by a starting quarterback against one opponent in a calendar year: 5 games vs. Detroit Lions, 1994: 1/2/94 (1993 regular season game 16, loss),[70] 1/8/94 (1993 post-season wild card playoff game, win),[46] 11/6/94 (1994 regular season game 9, win),[71] 12/4/94 (1994 regular season game 13, loss),[72] 12/31/94 (1994 post-season wild card playoff game, win)[47]

[edit]Wins

Most regular-season wins by a starting quarterback: 186 (Regular-season record: 186–112)[20]

Most home wins with one team by a starting quarterback: 96, Lambeau Field (89);[40] Milwaukee County Stadium (7)[73][74]

Most consecutive wins, regular season and playoffs, by a starting quarterback in one stadium: 29, Lambeau Field, 1995–1998[75][76][77][78][79]

Most stadiums achieved victory: 33[80][81]

Most NFL teams achieved victory: 32[82][83]

Most wins by a starting quarterback 40+ years old: 13[68]

Oldest starting quarterback to win a playoff game: 40 years, 99 days; vs. Dallas Cowboys, 2009 Divisional Playoffs[84]

Most wins by a starting quarterback against a single opponent: 28, Detroit Lions (26 regular season; 2 post season; 19-0 in home games)[8][46][47]

[edit]Losses

Most playoff losses as starting QB: 11[8]

Most playoff road losses as starting QB: 7[9]

[edit]Other

Most consecutive AP NFL MVP awards: 3 (1995–1997)[85]

Most combined touchdown passes/rushing touchdowns: 522[68]

Most times sacked: 525[86]

Most fumbles: 166[87]

Most 100+ passer rating games, career: 108[88]

Longest gap between receptions: 17 years and 4 weeks (275 games)[9]

Oldest pair of starting quarterbacks in a game (Vinny Testaverde (44 years old) & Favre (38 years old) - Favre won the match-up 31-17)[43][89]

[edit]Former NFL records

Surpassed 2003

(2nd) Most consecutive seasons with 25+ touchdowns in a season: 5 (1994-1998)[6] (Record surpassed by Peyton Manning (1998-2010), 13)[90]

Surpassed 2004

(2nd) Longest pass in a Super Bowl: 81 yards (to Antonio Freeman, 1997)[32] (Record surpassed by Jake Delhomme to Muhsin Muhammad, 2004, 85 yards)[91]

(4th) Most consecutive uninterrupted games with at least 2 TD passes: 12 (1994-1995) (Record surpassed by Peyton Manning (2004), Tom Brady (2010-2011), & Aaron Rodgers (2011), 13)[92]

Surpassed 2007

(2nd) Most passer/receiver touchdown combinations in a season: 18, Brett Favre/Sterling Sharpe (1994) (Record surpassed by Tom Brady/Randy Moss (2007), 23)[93]

Surpassed 2008

(2nd) Most seasons with 25+ touchdowns in a season: 11 (1994-1998, 2001-2004, 2007, 2009)[6] (Record surpassed by Peyton Manning (1998-2010), 13)[90]

Surpassed 2009

(2nd) Most AP NFL MVP awards: 3 (1995–1997) (Record surpassed by Peyton Manning (2003-2004, 2008-2009), 4)[85]

Surpassed 2010

(2nd) Most consecutive wins, regular season, by a starting quarterback in one stadium: 25, Lambeau Field, 1995–1998[75] (Record surpassed by Tom Brady, 31, Gillette Stadium, 2009-2011)[94]

Surpassed 2011

(2nd) Most games with 30+ completions: 25 (Record surpassed by Drew Brees, 29)[95]

[edit]Personal bests

(2nd) Most consecutive games played: 299 (Jeff Feagles, 352)[96]

(2nd) Most seasons with at least 4,000 passing yards: 6 (Peyton Manning, 10)[68]

(2nd) Most playoff passing touchdowns: 44[9] (Joe Montana, 45)[97]

(2nd) Most playoff games with at least 3 touchdown passes: 6 (Joe Montana, 9)[98]

(2nd) Most playoff starts: 24 (Jerry Rice, 29)[99]

(2nd) Most touchdown passes 40+ years of age: 36 (Warren Moon, 37)[68]

(2nd) Most games with 2+ touchdowns over age 40: 9 (Warren Moon, 10)[100]

(2nd) Most games with 1+ touchdowns over age 40: 18 (Warren Moon, 20)[101]

(2nd) Most consecutive seasons with a TD pass: 19[6] (Vinny Testaverde, 21)[102]

(2nd) Most wins by a starting quarterback in one stadium: 90, Lambeau Field (including once as a Minnesota Viking)[40] (John Elway, 95)[67]

(3rd) Most games with at least 300 passing yards: 62[9] (Dan Marino & Peyton Manning, 63)[103]

(3rd) Most consecutive games with at least 1 TD pass: 36 (Johnny Unitas, 47; Drew Brees, 43)[21]

(3rd) Most games with 4+ touchdowns, season: 5 - 1996 (Dan Marino, 6 - 1984; Peyton Manning, 6 - 2004)[104]

(3rd) Most touchdown passes of 60+ yards: 27 (John Hadl 33, Johnny Unitas 29, Joe Montana 27)[105]

(3rd) Most touchdown passes of 30+ yards: 101 (Johnny Unitas 108, Fran Tarkenton, 105)[106]

(4th) Most game winning drives: 45 (Dan Marino 51; John Elway 46; Peyton Manning 46)[107]

(4th) Most touchdown passes of 50+ yards: 43 (Johnny Unitas 51, John Hadl 46, Fran Tarkenton 44)[108]

(5th) Most 4th quarter/overtime comebacks: 30 (Dan Marino 36; John Elway 35; Peyton Manning 35; Joe Montana 31)[109]

(5th) Most games with at least 5 touchdown passes: 4 (Drew Brees 7, Dan Marino 6, Peyton Manning 6, George Blanda 5, Warren Moon 4, Tom Brady 4)[110][111][112]

(5th) Most playoff wins as starting QB: 13 (Joe Montana, 16; Tom Brady, 14; Terry Bradshaw, 14; John Elway, 14)[8]

(5th) Most consecutive games with at least 2 TD passes: 12 (Don Meredith, 13; Peyton Manning, 13; Tom Brady, 13; Aaron Rodgers, 13)[9]

(5th) Most touchdown passes of 40+ yards: 63 (Johnny Unitas 70, John Hadl 67, Y.A. Tittle 66, Jim Hart 65)[113]

Games with at least 6 touchdown passes: 1[114] (Several others, 2)

Game played at the age of 41 years, 71 days[115][9] (George Blanda, 48 years, 109 days)[115][116]

[edit]NFL Firsts

First quarterback to have led a team to victory over all 32 teams in the league since the NFL first expanded to 32 franchises in 2002.[82][83]

First known player to be a grandfather while active in the NFL.[117]

What is in bold is what really takes the cake for me