[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Greg Jennings says Rodgers a better QB

matt770

Actually if you look at the numbers REodgers is better than Favre at this stage of both of their careers and will end up most likley with better numbers overall. I would take him in a heartbeat over Favre at any equal time in their careers.

From the web...

Favre(in his first seven years)

1101-1793, 61.4%, 12003 yds, 82 TD, 57 INT, 84.5 rating, 30-21 W-L, 0 SB

Rodgers(in his first seven years)

1106-1693, 65.3%, 13719 yds, 98 TD, 33 INT, 100.4 rating, 31-20 W-L, 1 SB

Oh, and Aaron Rodgers has rushed for twice as many yards and more touchdowns

Didn't Favre win a Super Bowl in '96 and start in '91, so that is within his first 7 years.

Most Seasons, 30+ Touchdown Passes, 9, Brett Favre, 1994–1998, 2001, 2003–2004, 2009

Most games, 200+ yards passing, career: 209, Brett Favre, 1992–2010

Most Games 4+ TD Passes, Career 24, Brett Favre, 1991–2010

Most Games 3+ TD Passes, Career 73, Brett Favre, 1991–2010

Just a few of Favre's Records. AR has set the bar for a career so far with QB Rating, TD/INT Ratio, etc. Phenomenal stats for a young career.

Let AR do this for a decade or so and he can be anointed. Let him win some more rings...then anoint him.

Surgeon yes. But, a gunslinger doesn't get down...just plays with a "Fire" that wins games....but loses just as many not more with dumb mistakes (INTS) at bad times. NYG a number of years ago.

Jennings can say what he wants, but the game is different now than it was when Favre started out. We will see what happens this weekend. I don't think anyone can run and gun with GB when they are hot....but I think GB made a mistake resting AR the last week. They should have let him play a series or two to keep a rhythm. AR can't afford to have a game against the Giants like he did the first half against KC...IMHO I think resting him the last game was a mistake. (YES, I realize they didn't want to get him hurt, but how many teams rested their stars to fall flat after the playoff BYE? (INDY)

Again, I am not bashing AR...if he can make it a decade with these numbers he will break many records. But, he needs to do it for more years to be annointed as one of the "Greatest of all Time".

Love the bolded line - that's what made m love watching football. I wish I could have watched him every week.

Sterling Sharpe was a HoF-caliber WR. How many of those does Rodgers have?

(I'll help out - none).

If Greg Jennings, if he keeps it up, especiall with AR at the helm they could be a HOFer. Sterling was only playing with Favre for a very short amount of time. He wasn't there for the Super Bowl win either. Also, Sharpe's better seasons, when taking in account his TDs, were with Favre throwing to him.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sterling Sharpe was a HoF-caliber WR. How many of those does Rodgers have?

(I'll help out - none).

Gennings may get there some day and both Favre and Rodgers have helped him along. Dan Marino's TD record was broken by a pass to Gennings.

The difference between both Rodgers and Favre is that Rodgers walked onto a solid team built up because of Brett Favre. in 1995 when Brett lead them to an 11-5 record, it was their best record in 30 years. Brett's first two back to back trips to the playoff's had not been done since Lombardi. He also won their first Super Bowl since 1967 with Favre. 11 time probowl, 297 consecutive regular season starts 321 including playoffs. 20 consecutive playoff games with a TD - how many can you name have even started 20 playoff games? 3000 yards in 14 straight season.

Rodgers may break all these records. I'll be most impressed and put him in the class when he does 14 straight 3000 yards.

Love the kid, but it only matters if it is sustainable. He is deadly accurate and I believe he can do it. would be awesome to see

This makes me laugh. Rodgers is a great QB, but to say he's better then Favre is retarded. Not even a contest, Favre has a whole page of just all the records and achievements. I know people hate him as a person, but i doubt Rodgers will ever hold the legacy that was Brett Favre.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_caree..._by_Brett_Favre

I like made up stats the best, and perhaps you will too. Post the list of Bears Q.B.'s during the Favre era. Now list those Q.B.'s by wins in Chicago, not total wins but only home wins. Now insert Favre in the list with his number of wins in Chicago. You now have a fun fact. A made up stat that is interesting, provocative, and fun to bust out for Bears fans.

Edited by Ditkaless Wonders

I loved Johnny U. When he retired his career stats were double those of some of his HOF contemporaries. Not double the average Q.B. of his era, but double HOFers.

I love Bart Starr. If Q.B.'s can be judged by championships he had them. Also he evolved. When they had a running game he used it. Later in his career he passed more and very effectively. He also understood the importance of protecting the ball.

I loved Ken Anderson. He had Montanna's game before Montanna did.

I respect much of what Favre accomplished. I also note that he fell short often due to mistakes. His tools could have produced better results, which is not to say that he wasn't at times transcendent.

I respect Brady.

I am awed by the annoying perfection of Manning. He really honed his craft.

Brees and Rodgers, well they are the best modern evolution of the Q.B. Accurate, smart, quick release, total command of their offenses.

I like made up stats the best, and perhaps you will too. Post the list of Bears Q.B.'s during the Favre era. Now list those Q.B.'s by wins in Chicago, not total wins but only home wins. Now insert Favre in the list with his number of wins in Chicago. You now have a fun fact. A made up stat that is interesting, provocative, and fun to bust out for Bears fans.

The bears suck so i'll enjoy that. I don't really care who is better all i'm saying is that, you can project Rodgers to do whatever. But Favre has the stats and accolades and has nothing really left to prove. And as stated before the Packers/Rodgers hype train is about the size of the Favre hate train.

If Greg Jennings, if he keeps it up, especiall with AR at the helm they could be a HOFer. Sterling was only playing with Favre for a very short amount of time. He wasn't there for the Super Bowl win either. Also, Sharpe's better seasons, when taking in account his TDs, were with Favre throwing to him.

Gennings may get there some day and both Favre and Rodgers have helped him along. Dan Marino's TD record was broken by a pass to Gennings.

Sharpe led the league in receiving with a 90-1423-14 year in 1989; so while his truly DOMINANT years came when he had Favre at QB, he was able to get his with lesser QBs (Majkowski in '89, and he managed to get 1105 yds and 6 tds in 90, which isn't THAT impressive until you realize he had Majkowski for about 9 games and Anthony Dilweg and Blair Kie for the other 7).

And if Greg Jennings "keeps it up" for another 10 yrs, his average of 80-1200-9 WON'T get him into the HoF. Jennings is a very, very good WR. I don't see him ever being on the "he's one of the 2-3 best in the league" short list for an extended period of time, which is my barometer for HoF candidacy.

The difference between both Rodgers and Favre is that Rodgers walked onto a solid team built up because of Brett Favre. in 1995 when Brett lead them to an 11-5 record, it was their best record in 30 years. Brett's first two back to back trips to the playoff's had not been done since Lombardi. He also won their first Super Bowl since 1967 with Favre.

Favre was a key cog (maybe THE key cog) in those accomplishments. However, you are conflating TEAM accomplishments with individual ones - all that stuff was due in large part to Wolf, Holmgren, White and 30 or 40 other people as well as Favre.

11 time probowl, 297 consecutive regular season starts 321 including playoffs. 20 consecutive playoff games with a TD - how many can you name have even started 20 playoff games? 3000 yards in 14 straight season.

NOW we're getting into what Favre did accomplish....I think my favorite comparison was "Brett Favre's career is like someone crossed Cal Ripken with Hank Aaron and translated into NFL."

NOW we're getting into what Favre did accomplish....I think my favorite comparison was "Brett Favre's career is like someone crossed Cal Ripken with Hank Aaron and translated into NFL."

Hamerin' Brett doesn't have much of a ring to it, but it still somehow fits.

.I think my favorite comparison was "Brett Favre's career is like someone crossed Cal Ripken with Hank Aaron and translated into NFL."

I think you'd need to add in a dash of Mays in there. The part where he hung on just a little too long and tarnished his legacy.

I think you'd need to add in a dash of Mays in there. The part where he hung on just a little too long and tarnished his legacy.

Maybe he hung on one season too many, but he was getting the snot knocked out of him all of his last season with the Vikings. But don't forget the monster season he had with the vikings before that: 68.4%, 4,202yards 33TD 7INT 107.2 QB Rating. Here he made Sidney Rice look like a stud. Yes sidney suffered injuries that set him back but something happens to receivers when they play with Brett - Brett gave many receivers a chance to be great during the time they spent with him.

Didn't Favre have most of his success throwing to undrafted Donald Driver and a bunch of other nonames?

:wacko:

Robert Brooks was a third round pick, Ferguson was a 2nd round pick. Antonio Freeman was a 3rd round pick. Chmura was a solid TE as was . .um . . . the guy they signed for a few years that was already a very very good TE :tup:

I dont think that there is as much of a difference as you would think. I would offer that Favre and Rodgers both make their receivers better, as is the mark of all great QBs.

EDIT: For accuracy on Robert Brooks. Thats what I get for doing it off the top of my head . . .:lol:

Edited by bpwallace49

:wacko:

Robert Brooks was a first round pick, Ferguson was a 2nd round pick. Antonio Freeman was a 3rd round pick. Chmura was a solid TE as was . .um . . . the guy they signed for a few years that was already a very very good TE :tup:

I dont think that there is as much of a difference as you would think. I would offer that Favre and Rodgers both make their receivers better, as is the mark of all great QBs.

+1

Robert Brooks was a third round pick, Ferguson was a 2nd round pick. Antonio Freeman was a 3rd round pick. Chmura was a solid TE as was . .um . . . the guy they signed for a few years that was already a very very good TE :wacko:

Bubba Franks?

Edit: No, Franks was actually drafted by the Packers...

Edited by rajncajn