[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Giants/Packers game thread

Ursa Majoris

I'd agree.

The Giants came to play, and played well.

I hope this doesn't sound like I'm trying to diminish NY's effort, but the way GB played, it sure made the Giants' jobs a ton easier. You can talk about the defense doing this and that, but EIGHT dropped passes is just a pants-crapping effort.

NO CLASS!!!! :wacko:

you realize that GB has the worst pass d in the league...right?

I do. And I also realize Eli has a SB, another NFC title game run (at least), and out played ARod today. Also had a great year. Beat Brady in a SB. Beat Favre in his building. Beat ARod in his building. Beat Romo in his building.

Sorry you are stuck with Romo...: :wacko:.

AND they just said elite on FOX.

Deal with it...

Well I guess we can't feel too bad he did witness a Superbowl victory live right... Not too many people can say that!

Next week in SF is gonna be just as good a game as this week's. Alex Smith, what can I say?, he is gonna have his hands full. But both these team play with alot of heart and with that anything goes. Will be a great game next week.

I'd agree.

The Giants came to play, and played well.

I hope this doesn't sound like I'm trying to diminish NY's effort, but the way GB played, it sure made the Giants' jobs a ton easier. You can talk about the defense doing this and that, but EIGHT dropped passes is just a pants-crapping effort.

GB did not play well, can't argue that, but the Giants also had at least 3 bad calls against them and still won. Let's not make it sound like we didn't clearly win that game (not saying you said that...just saying).

Next week in SF is gonna be just as good a game as this week's. Alex Smith, what can I say?, he is gonna have his hands full. But both these team play with alot of heart and with that anything goes. Will be a great game next week.

Yep...And sometimes you gotta be careful what you wish for as I wanted them to host at home but man GMen are looking damn good! :wacko:

EIGHT dropped passes is just a pants-crapping effort.

This is true but at least two and maybe three blown calls compensated a little bit. Without them, the score could have been much, much worse.

FWIW, someone mentioned earlier about Rodgers being rested for week 17 and maybe being out of synch with his WRs because of it. I think there's some merit to that.

This is true but at least two and maybe three blown calls compensated a little bit. Without them, the score could have been much, much worse.

packers got 14 points off of drives that would have ended without bill levy's help.

I do. And I also realize Eli has a SB, another NFC title game run (at least), and out played ARod today. Also had a great year. Beat Brady in a SB. Beat Favre in his building. Beat ARod in his building. Beat Romo in his building.

Sorry you are stuck with Romo...: :tup:.

AND they just said elite on FOX.

Deal with it...

What does Romo have to do with this? Stay classy yourself bro.

OBTW, if they said elite on FOX, then by God he's ELITE! :wacko:

FWIW, someone mentioned earlier about Rodgers being rested for week 17 and maybe being out of synch with his WRs because of it. I think there's some merit to that.

I think this is so overrated. Colts rested starters and still made the SB. Patriots played their starters and still made the SB. I don't think either strategy has clear superiority to the other.

I think it's more about handling pressure as a favorite and turnovers.

Edited by CaptainHook

What does Romo have to do with this? Stay classy yourself bro.

OBTW, if they said elite on FOX, then by God he's ELITE! :wacko:

Difficult to say Eli is not elite when he has a laundry list of good/great QB's he has beaten on the road in the playoffs/SB. And had a huge year stats wise also.

Look, I have never been a huge Eli fan, but at some point you have to be fair. Guy is an elite QB. Somewhere in the top 5ish area IMO. That is all I am saying.

Think it is real difficult to argue that even for Eli/Giant haters.

And the Romo comment was me playing around...relax buddy.

Edited by giantsfan

The best thing about this forthcoming defeat for the Packers is knowing how pissed it's going to make you.

:wacko: I expect nothing less from you Ursa

Like I said last year during the playoff run, if Green Bay won SB XLV I would be upset, but I wouldn't be pissed off and dwell on it. I'm all right. I've got to see two super bowl wins, and my team is set up to contend for the forseeable future. It could always be worse... I could be a Vikings fan.

Man, if you don't think Eli is elite, you're not watching football. The only QB's I would take ahead of him are Aaaron Rodgers and Tom Brady. I'd take Eli ahead of Drew Brees.

Not in fantasy. Not a chance. I do think Eli is an elite NFL QB and for sure I'd take him as #5 or #6 QB for my FF team but not ahead of Brees. Nope.

Not in fantasy. Not a chance. I do think Eli is an elite NFL QB and for sure I'd take him as #5 or #6 QB for my FF team but not ahead of Brees. Nope.

I thought we were talking real world football here. Obviously Brees ahead of Manning in fantasy.

Man, if you don't think Eli is elite, you're not watching football. The only QB's I would take ahead of him are Aaaron Rodgers and Tom Brady. I'd take Eli ahead of Drew Brees.

May still take Brees, but just can't argue Eli isn't an elite NFL QB (talking real life not fantasy).

Hyperbole much?

You could say the same about every QB that played against Green Bay this year. They gave up 5k yards and 30+TD's. No Pass rush+soft zone with average db's outside of Williams is a recipe for disaster. Lets see Eli against the Niners. If he duplicates it next week then you can talk about him being ahead of Brees... Which even then is still crazy to me, but to each his own.