[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Giants/Packers game thread

Ursa Majoris

If a third Harbaugh brother exists, he should be auctioning his services on eBay right about now.

Tom Crean is their bro-in-law. He's doing well for himself.

Hyperbole much?

You could say the same about every QB that played against Green Bay this year. They gave up 5k yards and 30+TD's. No Pass rush+soft zone with average db's outside of Williams is a recipe for disaster. Lets see Eli against the Niners. If he duplicates it next week then you can talk about him being ahead of Brees... Which even then is still crazy to me, but to each his own.

Yeah, I'm basing this off one game. :wacko:

Hyperbole much?

You could say the same about every QB that played against Green Bay this year. They gave up 5k yards and 30+TD's. No Pass rush+soft zone with average db's outside of Williams is a recipe for disaster. Lets see Eli against the Niners. If he duplicates it next week then you can talk about him being ahead of Brees... Which even then is still crazy to me, but to each his own.

Could you also say that every QB has won at Romo, at Favre, neutral Brady, and at Rodgers. And has 1 SB and at least an NFC tiitle game run under his belt. Can you say that about every QB that played GB this year?

Just comical to me. GB fans say great game Giants. Well played. You won. Well deserved and move on. It is what I would have done and will do if we lose next week.

As for Eli, just not sure how anyone can argue he isn't elite. Need to just face up to it IMO.

No Pass rush+soft zone with average db's outside of Williams is a recipe for disaster.

i agree if ur saying williams is ATROCIOUS....woodson is ur only good db. this is like when al harris was there and all the packer fans boosted him up like he was a shutdown corner. garbage.

GB did not play well, can't argue that, but the Giants also had at least 3 bad calls against them and still won. Let's not make it sound like we didn't clearly win that game (not saying you said that...just saying).

Oh yeah, it isn't like GB played terribly and NY squeaked by them. They took advantage of the breaks they got (and made the bad calls against them irrelevant).....just a fan thing; if GB had played as well as they're capable, we'd have seen a great game. Instead we watched a near-blowout, which I'm sure was entertaining for YOU, not so much for the other half of the fandom equation.

Next week in SF is gonna be just as good a game as this week's. Alex Smith, what can I say?, he is gonna have his hands full. But both these team play with alot of heart and with that anything goes. Will be a great game next week.

Whenever Green Bay got anything close to pressure on Eli Manning, Manning made a mistake. It didn't happen much because Green Bay's pass rush is non existent, but when it was there, Eli was off. That niner defense is going to bloody Manning and company up. They can tackle, and do so viciously, two things that the Packers defense flat out don't do.

Man, if you don't think Eli is elite, you're not watching football. The only QB's I would take ahead of him are Aaaron Rodgers and Tom Brady. I'd take Eli ahead of Drew Brees.

I agree but don't know if I would take him over Brees...But it's damn close as their are not many I would take over Eli in crunch time

Oh yeah, it isn't like GB played terribly and NY squeaked by them. They took advantage of the breaks they got (and made the bad calls against them irrelevant).....just a fan thing; if GB had played as well as they're capable, we'd have seen a great game. Instead we watched a near-blowout, which I'm sure was entertaining for YOU, not so much for the other half of the fandom equation.

Very fair and well said. Agreed.

i agree if ur saying williams is ATROCIOUS....woodson is ur only good db. this is like when al harris was there and all the packer fans boosted him up like he was a shutdown corner. garbage.

Tramon Williams is far from atrocious. He wasn't dominant like he was last year, but that has a ton to do with poor safety play behind him. Woodson can only turn it on time to time, and is slowing down. And as a member of the Al Harris fanclub, I can say no one in there right mind ever said he was a shutdown corner.

Keep trying.

How funny are these GB fans. Man they won the SB last season, and all they can do now is take shots. Just say well played. Congrats. And move on guys.

Saying Eli isn't better than Brees isn't taking a shot. It's not a shot at Manning or anyone on the Giants. Brees over 17 games Vs Eli over 17 games is Brees. Brees has won without a great RB, or elite D. Dear lord, next I'll be called a saints apologist.

Hyperbole much?

This

dude stood back there all day, you give any NFL QB that much time you're gonna get picked apart.

I wonder how much "elite" talk we'd be hearing about Eli if Dallas had'nt rolled over twice for them in the last month of the season and they'd missed the playoffs. Short memories around here sometimes

Saying Eli isn't better than Brees isn't taking a shot. It's not a shot at Manning or anyone on the Giants. Brees over 17 games Vs Eli over 17 games is Brees. Brees has won without a great RB, or elite D. Dear lord, next I'll be called a saints apologist.

Eisen made a really interesting point regarding this whole Eli-Elite argument; when we talk about whether a player is elite or not, we're looking at them in comparison to others in their position around the league. Eli is at a disadvantage though because when we talk about whether Eli is elite or not, the first thing we do is compare him to his brother.

And Eli is one win away from tying it up with Peyton, and two wins from upping him.

How funny are these GB fans. Man they won the SB last season, and all they can do now is take shots. Just say well played. Congrats. And move on guys.

I'm no GB fan and don't mean to rain on your parade by the way. Nice run so far from the Giants and Eli is a very nice QB at times. IMO calling him elite is getting carried away, that's all

1. I would take Brees over Eli.

2. Where the F is this one game for Eli thing coming from. Seeing comments like every QB tore up GB. Or any QB can look great when they have all day. Those comments are utterly ridiculous and simply sound like sour grapes.

AGAIN:

WON AT ROMO. AT FAVRE. NEUTRAL BRADY. AT RODGERS. WON A SB. MADE TWO NFC TITLE GAMES. HAD VERY GOOD STATS THIS SEASON.

So where the F is this 1 game BS coming from or saying anyone looks good against GB's D. Just a joke guys.

AND most TD's EVER in the 4th Q this season.

Edited by giantsfan

I'm no GB fan and don't mean to rain on your parade by the way. Nice run so far from the Giants and Eli is a very nice QB at times. IMO calling him elite is getting carried away, that's all

We will agree to disagree. Hard for me to see how a QB with his record of beating the teams and QB's he has on the road, and winning a SB (MVP in the game), and making 2 NFC title games isn't elite, but all good brother.

We agree to disagree.