[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Giants/Packers game thread

Ursa Majoris

Good god people - it is not sour grapes!!!! I JUST DON"T THINK ELI IS ELITE - NOTHING TO DO WITH TODAY"S GAME - OK GOT IT?

you wrote " barely making playoffs in crap division = ELITE " ...did you not write that or not ??

can you see how silly and juvenile that looks ...worse how it sounds like sour grapes

On the bright side you will have a bunch of your packers in the Pro bowl

Let's see how you feel after Eli faces the same defense.

You might be right! But I've always been higher on Eli than most. Great system in New Orleans. Great offensively-minded coach. A lot of offensive weapons. The system is part of Drew Brees success right? He wasn't very good in San Diego . . .

:wacko:

agreed

love when fans of losing teams lose complete sense of reality and resort to going back with grammar school arguments

Win with class ,lose with more class ...thats how it should be / work

I guess the only way to have class is to agree with everything the winning team fans say - Giants whooped the packers today. They outplayed them. It was not a close game.

I am just not a big fan of Eli but in the name of trying to be classy - Eli is the bestest ever and should immediately go to hall of fame.

+1. I think he forgot that Green Bay won 10 games for a wild card.

And just so we're clear, nowhere did I say Eli wasn't elite, I said he's not Brees. I think Brady/Brees/Rodgers are in a tier, with Manning and Roethlisberger right behind them.

But surely his performances in the fourth quarter this year and on third downs are making you notice?

I guess the only way to have class is to agree with everything the winning team fans say - Giants whooped the packers today. They outplayed them. It was not a close game.

I am just not a big fan of Eli but in the name of trying to be classy - Eli is the bestest ever and should immediately go to hall of fame.

Not to go off on another tangent, but he will be in the HOF someday. Unless he falls apart after this season, that is almost a given.

I like your avatar ...alot

so i wont stay on this :wacko: but Eli may end up in the hall of fame so thanks in advance

I'd agree. Except one of the turnovers was his. And once again, I'm not saying it's a wide margin. But right now, if I were picking QB's for my team, I'd take Eli ahead of Brees.

And again, you wouldn't say this if Vernon Davis doesn't pull a miracle out of his rear. Brees did his job. It's not his job to cover VD, or watch for Alex Smith to run a naked boot. Nor is it Rodgers job to catch the balls that he throws. What we're seeing is that the Giants and the Niners executed, where as Thomas, the return game, and Ivory didn't with three fumbles, just as JerMichael Finley was holding his own Dropfest extravaganza.

you wrote " barely making playoffs in crap division = ELITE " ...did you not write that or not ??

can you see how silly and juvenile that looks ...worse how it sounds like sour grapes

On the bright side you will have a bunch of your packers in the Pro bowl

Yes I did write it and I think it has merit - Elite QB's tend to have better than what 9-7 in a crap division.

I guess I will have to wait until next year when the Packers win a game so I can have an opinion again.

But surely his performances in the fourth quarter this year and on third downs are making you notice?

I've been on board Eli being great, but I think we're seeing a ton of knee jerk reaction tonight. He's making noise to get into the top three and turning it into a top four category. But even in saying that, I don't think he over takes guys that have been playing on another level the past 3-4 years.

And again, you wouldn't say this if Vernon Davis doesn't pull a miracle out of his rear. Brees did his job. It's not his job to cover VD, or watch for Alex Smith to run a naked boot. Nor is it Rodgers job to catch the balls that he throws. What we're seeing is that the Giants and the Niners executed, where as Thomas, the return game, and Ivory didn't with three fumbles, just as JerMichael Finley was holding his own Dropfest extravaganza.

Let me ask you this, what kind of numbers would Eli Manning put up if he was dropped in that offense in New Orleans? I think he'd be pretty good!

Let me ask you this, what kind of numbers would Eli Manning put up if he was dropped in that offense in New Orleans? I think he'd be pretty good!

I don't think it would be close to what Brees is doing. I think we'd see a lot more INTs though.

Brees is the perfect player for that scheme.

Yes I did write it and I think it has merit - Elite QB's tend to have better than what 9-7 in a crap division.

I guess I will have to wait until next year when the Packers win a game so I can have an opinion again.

Green Bay won 10 games last year.

Thats just one game better than 9-7.

And I'm not sure the Eagles or the Cowboys are crap. I think that's insanity.

gbpfan1231=emo kid. I used similar lines about not having an opinion when I was 15.

I am a huge Giant and Eli fan, but there is no way he is more than the 4th best QB in the league. Brady, Rodgers and Brees are 1-2-3 for me and then Roethlisberger 4 and Eli 5 - but it is close for 4 and 5 and the gap between 4/5 and 1-3 is slimmer and slimmer.

Eli is perfect for the Giants. He is calm and controlled. Brees works for the Saints - he rides on emotion. If you swapped them, I think they would neither do as well as with their current teams.

But Eli is elite. And considering how bad he has been in the past shows you how hard he has continiously worked on his game to get better - even with a Super Bowl win. Don't you think the Ravens would KILL for a QB like Eli now? Or the Falcons? The Bears? Redskins? Bills? Raiders? A ton of teams in this league would love to get him. He is a proven winner who stays calm and focused at crunch time.

Great game today. I tip my cap to all the Packers for a phenomenal season and especially to Ridgers who will have many more chances to get another ring.

As for the 49ers - this is the team I wanted to play. I wanted no part of NO in NO - not after earlier in the year. I know we lost to SF, but I do think we can win this game. Just like I thought we would beat GB. But even in my wildest dreams, I never saw us beating Brees in NO.

And not only am I looking for payback from earlier in the year, I am looking for revenge after the last playoff metting between the two that saw an epic Giant collapse, and ballsy 49er comeback and the worst non call to end a playoff game ever.

I am a huge Giant and Eli fan, but there is no way he is more than the 4th best QB in the league. Brady, Rodgers and Brees are 1-2-3 for me and then Roethlisberger 4 and Eli 5 - but it is close for 4 and 5 and the gap between 4/5 and 1-3 is slimmer and slimmer.

Is everyone forgetting Stafford or are we still talking real world achievements only here?

well despite every attempt to hand GB the game by the officials, somehow the giants just dominated.

not really a great game to watch imo.

anyways, all my investment for the superbowl is gone. i was really hoping NO would beat GB in the big game, now i just dont give a Athena