[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Giants/Packers game thread

Ursa Majoris

Clearly you are if you're saying he's better than Brees.

I like Brees a lot. But I like Eli Manning better in the playoffs. Brees may put up a ton of stats in the regular season (a la Peyton Manning), but his playoff career is mediocre. In six on his eleven seasons, his team has not made the playoffs. Kinda shocked to see he has only been to the playoffs five times. Twice his teams were one and done. His playoff record is 5-4. They've lost at least three times when favored. Jets at Chargers, New Orleans at Seattle, and yesterday. I just like Eli's playoff moxie. And clearly Brees has had more to work with offensively? I'm not saying it's a wide gap. Just at this point, I'd rather have Eli than Drew.

Eli has been to the playoffs 5 times in 8 years. One and done three times. The first two were in his first two playoff appearances. Since then, has led the Giants to NFC Championship twice and won a Super Bowl MVP. He just seems to be rising. Brees has reached his potential.

Edited by CaptainHook

This is true but at least two and maybe three blown calls compensated a little bit. Without them, the score could have been much, much worse.

FWIW, someone mentioned earlier about Rodgers being rested for week 17 and maybe being out of synch with his WRs because of it. I think there's some merit to that.

I brought that up. Game rhythm is a big deal, especially with Jennings getting into mix again. Driver was the only one who could be counted on in the clutch.

As for the flubbed calls there were too many!!! Great run this year, but TT needs to fix the D.

GB came out way flat and got beat by a better team.

Just to be a smartass....what was the lowest QB rating Favre had in the playoffs?? Was it in line with AR from today? :wacko::tup:

I like Brees a lot. But I like Eli Manning better in the playoffs. Brees may put up a ton of stats in the regular season (a la Peyton Manning), but his playoff career is mediocre. In six on his eleven seasons, his team has not made the playoffs. His playoff record is 5-4. They've lost at least three times when favored. Jets at Chargers, New Orleans at Seattle, and yesterday. I just like Eli's playoff moxie.

Eli Manning didn't have to overcome three lost fumbles, and a -5 TO margin. Lets not forget that Brees gave the Saints the lead with little time left. That loss wasnt on him.

Eli Manning didn't have to overcome three lost fumbles, and a -5 TO margin. Lets not forget that Brees gave the Saints the lead with little time left. That loss wasnt on him.

I'd agree. Except one of the turnovers was his. And once again, I'm not saying it's a wide margin. But right now, if I were picking QB's for my team, I'd take Eli ahead of Brees.

Edited by CaptainHook

I'd agree. Except one of the turnovers was his. And once again, I'm not saying it's a wide margin. But right now, if I were picking QB's for my team, I'd take Eli ahead of Brees.

And you thought that two weeks ago, or knee jerking after this week? I don't remember anyone saying anything close to that heading into the playoffs.

And you thought that two weeks ago, or knee jerking after this week? I don't remember anyone saying anything close to that heading into the playoffs.

:wacko: Meh, you might be right. I was just trying to dig up that thread about Eli saying he was "elite" before the season, but I can't seem to find it. Pretty sure I said it was Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Aaron Rogers, and Drew Brees in the top tier and felt Eli and Roethlisberger were next . . .

Obviously Peyton's out now . . . maybe Brees tossing two picks and making an early exit the last two years and Eli's performance today has pushed Eli into the lead. Check with me tomorrow.

1. I would take Brees over Eli.

2. Where the F is this one game for Eli thing coming from. Seeing comments like every QB tore up GB. Or any QB can look great when they have all day. Those comments are utterly ridiculous and simply sound like sour grapes.

AGAIN:

WON AT ROMO. AT FAVRE. NEUTRAL BRADY. AT RODGERS. WON A SB. MADE TWO NFC TITLE GAMES. HAD VERY GOOD STATS THIS SEASON.

So where the F is this 1 game BS coming from or saying anyone looks good against GB's D. Just a joke guys.

AND most TD's EVER in the 4th Q this season.

Barely making playoffs in a crap division = ELITE

I wouldn't trade eli for anyone right now to run Giants offense ...he has grown a ton and truly is a great , elite QB imho

That said i think Brees and Rodgers are phenomenal Qb's as well ...both had great seasons but both did not have great games this weekend

Overall i am joining this thread late as i was watching game with friends , but i still can not believe how blatantly bad the officiating was ...first time in my life i started believing refs were on the take or that league mandated calls to help Packers win ...it was that bad imo

Very proud of Giants performance however and it was a huge , unforgettable win

This thread has taken a fun turn.

Bottom line is huge Giants win today.

Eli has a SB (won MVP). 2 NFC title games. Won at a bunch of elite/very good QB's. Had great stats this season. Most TD's ever in the 4th Q in a season this season. And may have another SB in him...we'll see how next week plays out.

You can decide if that makes him elite...

I wouldn't trade eli for anyone right now to run Giants offense ...he has grown a ton and truly is a great , elite QB imho

That said i think Brees and Rodgers are phenomenal Qb's as well ...both had great seasons but both did not have great games this weekend

Overall i am joining this thread late as i was watching game with friends , but i still can not believe how blatantly bad the officiating was ...first time in my life i started believing refs were on the take or that league mandated calls to help Packers win ...it was that bad imo

Very proud of Giants performance however and it was a huge , unforgettable win

Congrats and my feelings from yesterday as well! See you this weekend!

:wacko:

Barely making playoffs in a crap division = ELITE

sourest of grapes ...sorry to see this

Eli has sb win ..may end up with another this year ...stastically had a great season this year and has a few other under his belt

Last time i looked NFC north has been pretty bad over last few years ...so what ? your team gets into the playoffs any way they can

and then its what you do in the playoffs ...eli got it done ...aaron did not today ...no reason to knock eli however ...looks kind of silly actually

This thread has taken a fun turn.

Bottom line is huge Giants win today.

Eli has a SB (won MVP). 2 NFC title games. Won at a bunch of elite/very good QB's. Had great stats this season. Most TD's ever in the 4th Q in a season this season. And may have another SB in him...we'll see how next week plays out.

You can decide if that makes him elite...

I think it does and he's got me shaking in my Niner miner gear! :wacko:

Elite in my eyes

Good point. Forget the wins and the SB MVP. He clearly is not elite for just barely making the playoffs this season.

Well played.

:wacko:

agreed

love when fans of losing teams lose complete sense of reality and resort to going back with grammar school arguments

Win with class ,lose with more class ...thats how it should be / work

Eli has sb win ..may end up with another this year ...stastically had a great season this year and has a few other under his belt

Last time i looked NFC north has been pretty bad over last few years ...so what ? your team gets into the playoffs any way they can

and then its what you do in the playoffs ...eli got it done ...aaron did not today ...no reason to knock eli however ...looks kind of silly actually

Good god people - it is not sour grapes!!!! I JUST DON"T THINK ELI IS ELITE - NOTHING TO DO WITH TODAY"S GAME - OK GOT IT?

Let's see how you feel after Eli faces the same defense.

Discount Double Choke

:wacko: Be honest, how long have you been waiting to use that?

Edited by rajncajn

+1. I think he forgot that Green Bay won 10 games for a wild card.

And just so we're clear, nowhere did I say Eli wasn't elite, I said he's not Brees. I think Brady/Brees/Rodgers are in a tier, with Manning and Roethlisberger right behind them.