[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pro Bowl

Scorcher

I was going through my phone and deleting contacts, looking for some mindless entertainment, so I switched it on, just in time to watch Big Ben get picked off and the ensuing lateral drill that resulted in the AFC maintaining possession.

I figured I'd seen enough.

However you dissect it, the Pro Bowl is a joke and the worst of any of the major sports league fans games. No NFL player will put them selves at risk for a measly $50k. And thats for the winner...most get an incentive just to make it. The loser? $25k....so you are telling me these guys are gonna risk year ending injury for a measly $25k? It wasn't until the 4th quarter that you started to see some defense....why you ask? Those were not first string Pro Bowl starters you were seeing out there...those guys NEEDED that $25k. As much as I love the NHL's gimmick, I think MLB has the best solution. Make winning the game mean something other than your own bank account....cause, for now, thats all it benefits.

Otherwise, get rid of the farce of an NFL football game.

However you dissect it, the Pro Bowl is a joke and the worst of any of the major sports league fans games. No NFL player will put them selves at risk for a measly $50k. And thats for the winner...most get an incentive just to make it. The loser? $25k....so you are telling me these guys are gonna risk year ending injury for a measly $25k? It wasn't until the 4th quarter that you started to see some defense....why you ask? Those were not first string Pro Bowl starters you were seeing out there...those guys NEEDED that $25k. As much as I love the NHL's gimmick, I think MLB has the best solution. Make winning the game mean something other than your own bank account....cause, for now, thats all it benefits.

Otherwise, get rid of the farce of an NFL football game.

Problem is the NFL cannot do what MLB does because there is no home field advantate for the championship round. How the Pro Bowl winning conference team gets to pick the officiating crew for the SB? Or they get a one point advantage when the game starts? An extra down on the first series?

Or just get rid of the Pro Bowl as some have suggested, but as long as people pay to go, and millions watch on TV that won't happen. So its just easier for many fans to ignore it.