[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vancouver here I come!

tazinib1

You people never drive into Canada do you?

They will ask you the purpose of your visit, they'll ask you where you're staying, how long you're staying for, and some other questions that take enough time to adequately suss out any potential of having guns, explosives, or drugs in your car. If you have a DUI, they will not know then and there, and they will not attempt to verify this information except in an extreme circumstance after you've been detained and your passports confiscated.

Answer the questions truthfully and to the best of your ability and you will be fine. There's no reason you need to bring up qualifications of employment or past legal issues with a Canadian customs official, who are generally friendly and personable, unlike their jackbooted counterparts coming back into the country who have a look about them like they're waiting for any excuse to bust open the bridge of your nose with the butt-end of their pistols.

Yep, this.

The Embarcadero is in San Francisco.

We also have an Embarcadero. Doesn't every city with a port have an Embarcadero??? Isn't that what everybody calls it?

:wacko:

At ANY RATE....good god you guys are ruthless. I will be in Seattle for 3 days towards the end of the shoot.

Edited by tazinib1

Picked up my passport card today. Kind of hassle since all I had was a hospital issued birth certificate. Had to next day rush an actual state issued birth certificate for those of you that might be applying in the future. Cost was only $58 and I had my passport in 2 days at $115.

Picked up my passport card today. Kind of hassle since all I had was a hospital issued birth certificate. Had to next day rush an actual state issued birth certificate for those of you that might be applying in the future. Cost was only $58 and I had my passport in 2 days at $115.

Thank god you won't be running for President anytime soon... I can already see the headlines and the conspiracy theorists coming outta the wood-works.

You people never drive into Canada do you?

They will ask you the purpose of your visit, they'll ask you where you're staying, how long you're staying for, and some other questions that take enough time to adequately suss out any potential of having guns, explosives, or drugs in your car. If you have a DUI, they will not know then and there, and they will not attempt to verify this information except in an extreme circumstance after you've been detained and your passports confiscated.

Answer the questions truthfully and to the best of your ability and you will be fine. There's no reason you need to bring up qualifications of employment or past legal issues with a Canadian customs official, who are generally friendly and personable, unlike their jackbooted counterparts coming back into the country who have a look about them like they're waiting for any excuse to bust open the bridge of your nose with the butt-end of their pistols.

yup coming back in is way worse...

• 1 month later...

I got turned back. I'm in Mt.Vernon right now. We got pulled into secondary and after waiting 2 hours, the agent showed me my arrest record. I can't cross legally for 5 years. As we speak, there is a taz smuggling operation in motion. I'll be in Canada in a few days. Nice hotel I'm in though....I got the manager of the bar that is part of the hotel to 6 pack me beers on a whim's notice.

I got turned back. I'm in Mt.Vernon right now. We got pulled into secondary and after waiting 2 hours, the agent showed me my arrest record. I can't cross legally for 5 years. As we speak, there is a taz smuggling operation in motion. I'll be in Canada in a few days. Nice hotel I'm in though....I got the manager of the bar that is part of the hotel to 6 pack me beers on a whim's notice.

I dunno man. I've never been "up nort dere" but smuggling into a country sounds like a recipe for adding to that arrest record. You might want to figure out a way to get back home and find another gig. :shrug:

I dunno man. I've never been "up nort dere" but smuggling into a country sounds like a recipe for adding to that arrest record. You might want to figure out a way to get back home and find another gig. :shrug:

This gig is $15k. I need it....I'll risk the "illegal alien" tag. And for what its worth, i now feel for the Mexican border crossers...kinda weird when you are put in their position..makes you think.