[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NARCS!

bushwacked

Its probably more common than than we think. Drinking and using drugs on the job amongst blue collar workers isn't uncommon, I heard some good stories about it from my brother who worked in a steel mill and saw it when I worked in a grocery store. But rarely was it done in the open like this.

We used to take a break at 4:30 on Friday and grab a beer from the fridge at the end of a long week. Boss supplied the beer. In the old days younger employees might stay all night and drink all the beer then replenish it. These days we're all older and more mature, so if anything its a single beer and we don't keep it on hand reguarly and only send out for it when we need it. We're a small software company, people writing code and doing support on the phones. Most people that were having a beer were basically done for the day and just BSing and cleaning up before they go home.

"People drink pretty heavily, I mean, it's all over the place,"

"Every day," she said. "On Monday through Thursday, some people have one, two, three. On Friday, it's a six-pack."

:o

:rolleyes:

If an adult can't handle putting down 3 (what looked like nothing but light and low gravity) beers over the course of an afternoon, I have no idea why they'd be compelled to do it at work. Particularly beer, where it's not like it hits you all of the sudden. You know how much you've drinken and if you're alright.

Also, it's one thing if you're still new at the job or you have to have all your wits about you, but 90% of jobs where you're experienced and comfortable become robotic, to where any person with an ounce of intelligence should be able to repeat it with a light buzz.

:o

:rolleyes:

If an adult can't handle putting down 3 (what looked like nothing but light and low gravity) beers over the course of an afternoon, I have no idea why they'd be compelled to do it at work. Particularly beer, where it's not like it hits you all of the sudden. You know how much you've drinken and if you're alright.

Also, it's one thing if you're still new at the job or you have to have all your wits about you, but 90% of jobs where you're experienced and comfortable become robotic, to where any person with an ounce of intelligence should be able to repeat it with a light buzz.

In Europe nothing gets done, nothing at all, without a glass of decent wine. Air traffic controllers, bus drivers, office drones, you name it. They start drinking around 11AM, take a 2-3 hour lunch, and by 5 they've had at least a bottle, often two.

In Europe nothing gets done, nothing at all, without a glass of decent wine. Air traffic controllers, bus drivers, office drones, you name it. They start drinking around 11AM, take a 2-3 hour lunch, and by 5 they've had at least a bottle, often two.

I'm moving to Europe.

So, when was the last time you were in Europe? :oldrolleyes:

Europeans do have a more casual attitude toward drinking, but I doubt matt770s portrayal is accurate. Air traffic controllers? What else, brain surgeons, people working in nuclear reactors, etc. Sorry but I don't buy it.

I write computer software for a living, its hard enough to keep it error free when sober, I'm not going to be drinking and doing my job. Now when I worked in the grocery store stocking shelves, sure that wasn't going to be a problem.

Europeans do have a more casual attitude toward drinking, but I doubt matt770s portrayal is accurate. Air traffic controllers? What else, brain surgeons, people working in nuclear reactors, etc. Sorry but I don't buy it.

I write computer software for a living, its hard enough to keep it error free when sober, I'm not going to be drinking and doing my job. Now when I worked in the grocery store stocking shelves, sure that wasn't going to be a problem.

I would love to hear more about this grocery store.

No it's true...they handle their alcohol much better than we do though, it's in their DNA.

I'm moving to Europe.

Yea, you have it tough in San Diego

Fun Fact: Discovered by the Germans in 1904, they named it San Diago, which of course in German means "a whale's vagina".

my landlord 30 years ago drank straight vodka from a water bottle when at work-everyone thought it was water. He started drinking in the car before he got to work. He was an airline mechanic for a major airline. :shocking:

I learned this when he dropped me off at my car mechanic on his way to work, and he passed me the bottle :fool: