[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Eat more Chicken....................um, not pie

Skilly

Boston Mayor Vows to Keep Chick-Fila out of Boston

Congrats Boston on making me side with the company whose stance I don't agree with.

It's one thing when consumers make the choice if they wish to boycott the restaurant, but that's the height of irony for the mayor to discriminate against them just because he doesn't like the owner's stance.

It's not like Chick-fil-A refuses to serve gay customers or hire them (as far as I know anyway). So the personal views and contributions of the owner has absolutely nothing to do with how his business is run, and it's the height of bigotry to forbid him from opening a business somewhere.

Freedom means accepting that others hold views that you don't like. It's not anyone's job to be the morality police.... Of course, I could say the same about the owner of Chick-fila for being intolerant as well, but his personal views have nothing to do with how his restaurants are operated.

Further, to say definitively that it's discrimination is a pretty big misunderstanding of why many Chrisitians oppose gay marriage. I don't agree with it, but one doesn't necessarily have to be anti-gay to want to hold marriage "sacred". The government needs to get out of defining marriage anyway, outside of contract enforcement.

I feel the same way when cities and people don't want liquor stores or titty bars around.

You're thinking of El Pollo Loco.

:thinking: hehe..you may be right!

I've only been to a Chick Fil A in two places, while on travel. One was in Norfolk, VA---definately a ghetto feeling to that place. The other was in Knoxville, TN but I went through the drive thru there.

Yep, everyone that doesn't share your view is a d-bag.

Good lord, you guys are so freaking militant towards anyone not sharing your viewpoint. And half of you are telling everyone to be open minded.

Um, no. There are all sorts of opposing views that I'm cool with. Any number of ways that you don't need to share my particular one and we're cool.

Then there's simply being a d-bag and I do believe this an example. Not, mind you, being of the opinion that marriage is between a man and a woman. Rather, trying to codify your personal opinion into law and requiring others to fall in line with your trip.

See, the side that I stand on in this debate doesn't require anyone to do anything. Those opposed don't have to personally embrace any marriages that don't fit their definition. Whatever church they're in is free to decide which marriages they will or will not recognize. All they have to do is pretend for a minute that this is America, the land of the free and let someone else live their life as they please.

So, yes. I think dude is a d-bag.

And, for the record, I score it the following:

Fine for him. It's a free country and dude can say what he wants.

Fine for the Muppets. They should absolutely refuse to do business with anyone they think is an a-hole if they choose.

Not fine for Boston. I guess I could see a developer not wanting to offer them a space (see Muppets above) but for a city to lock them out, that seems very much over the top and needless.

Edited by detlef

How about the d-bags that hang out at Starbucks that sit around discussing their pot smoking liberal hippie views while listening to really bad rock and roll music from the early 90s sung by some guy wearing a sweater. I mean who wears a sweater while singing indecipherable lyrics? And don't get me started on morans paying $5.00 for a 50 cent cup of coffee that makes them stink of hopeless and despair for the rest of the day. Starbucks takes advantage of the stupid. Are you okay with that?

Me thinks come August first . Chick- fil -A will sell more chicken in one day than at any other time in the history of the world.

Did you know that you can trade in your trinket toy from your kids meal for an Ice cream cone?

why am I not surprised? seems like this same thing happens to all the conservative threads at the huddle

Yesterday, tens of thousands of people across this country were lining up and joining in to Support Chick fil-A, (committing to take part in the August 1st Appreciation Day), and as momentum was growing at a record pace, something interesting happened…All of the sudden, EVERYTHING related to Chick fil-A Appreciation Day disappeared from Facebook! That’s right in one big flash it was gone like the Eiffel Tower during a David Copperfield Show and then 12 hours later we were back in business like nothing ever happened.

Well it seems we caught a 12 hour bug, apparently it hits when large numbers of Christians support something and post about it on Facebook! Have you heard about this bug?

We still aren't sure why it happened, we have been told by Facebook "it was a mistake", clearly we think it was a mistake too but aren't so convinced it was an accident.