[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Eat more Chicken....................um, not pie

Skilly

It is his right to make stupid-ass statements publicly that will negatively impact his privately held company. I do genuinely hope that those who do not share his ideology no longer purchase his wares.

But, it is absolutely his right to express his feelings. I'm not gonna get too worked up about it.

Personally, I will greatly curtail my intake of his wares (though, I probably eat there about once every 6 weeks or so), but when I get the urge for some lemonade, I will still go there.

I've been boycotting that place since the first time I ate there. But that's entirely because they call a piece of fried chickn with one pickle on a bun a "sandwich". That's some BS right there.

Sometime later, I learned of the politics and thought, "well it will be easy not giving that d-bag my money."

I've been boycotting that place since the first time I ate there. But that's entirely because they call a piece of fried chickn with one pickle on a bun a "sandwich". That's some BS right there.

Sometime later, I learned of the politics and thought, "well it will be easy not giving that d-bag my money."

Gotta agree. Why do they skimp on the pickles???

Well, they do close on Sundays. Not surprising really.

I was not aware of that, we only have a few here in our area and I don't think I've ever eaten at one. I checked the hours ona few, and 2 showed "call for hours" the other was closed on Sundays.

I agree with SEC, the guy's got a right to make his remarks. And the public has a right to not give him their business, or speak out against his comments.

I'm sure I've bought lots of stuff from people who don't share my values. Josh Gordon, for example.

The people you buy your Josh Gordon from don't share your values?

Or people you buy stuff from don't share your values on Josh Gordon?

I gave up on them at the beginning of the year. Here's yer sammich with a side of fanatical bs...you can have your views but you don't need to feed them to me

Is he refusing to serve gays? Is he not hiring lesbians? Are the transgendered denied access to his drive through lanes? Are cross cut fries some sort of hate symbol? Will those with nothing better to do try to link cross cut fries with bigotry so that they become a hate symbol.

For fast food I find their food decent. I find their cow mascots somewhat disturbing. I have only been in one of their joints a handful of times in my life, and every time that mascot is there trying to amuse my kid, but really just creeping her out.

There's a local concrete company that has a hugh anti-abortion billboard on the interstate. I am actually a flipflopper on the abortion issue, but if I ever had a need for concrete, I would go out of my way to avoid spending my money with them. Don't politicize your company just because it is legal.

I don't eat any fast food. Fast food is nasty.

You ever had Chick Fillet's Lemonade? Yeah, didn't think so. Best Lemonade EVER!!!!!!!!

Their chicken biscuit is the finest breakfast item that any fast food restaurant has ever offered. I put jelly on mine, sounds crazy but it's delicious. And I agree with DoG, their employees do not seem to realize they are working at a fast food place -- always friendly and polite, praise Jesus.

I admire a company that puts its beliefs ahead of profits. They've left millions on the table by closing on Sundays, and this latest deal may hurt sales too. I say good for them. I don't think anyone should get married.

Boston Mayor Vows to Keep Chick-Fila out of Boston

“Chick-fil-A doesn’t belong in Boston. You can’t have a business in the city of Boston that discriminates against a population. We’re an open city, we’re a city that’s at the forefront of inclusion.”

“If they need licenses in the city, it will be very difficult — unless they open up their policies,” said Menino to the Herald.

Congrats Boston on making me side with the company whose stance I don't agree with.

It's one thing when consumers make the choice if they wish to boycott the restaurant, but that's the height of irony for the mayor to discriminate against them just because he doesn't like the owner's stance.

It's not like Chick-fil-A refuses to serve gay customers or hire them (as far as I know anyway). So the personal views and contributions of the owner has absolutely nothing to do with how his business is run, and it's the height of bigotry to forbid him from opening a business somewhere.

Freedom means accepting that others hold views that you don't like. It's not anyone's job to be the morality police.... Of course, I could say the same about the owner of Chick-fila for being intolerant as well, but his personal views have nothing to do with how his restaurants are operated.

Further, to say definitively that it's discrimination is a pretty big misunderstanding of why many Chrisitians oppose gay marriage. I don't agree with it, but one doesn't necessarily have to be anti-gay to want to hold marriage "sacred". The government needs to get out of defining marriage anyway, outside of contract enforcement.

Their chicken biscuit is the finest breakfast item that any fast food restaurant has ever offered. I put jelly on mine, sounds crazy but it's delicious. And I agree with DoG, their employees do not seem to realize they are working at a fast food place -- always friendly and polite, praise Jesus.

I admire a company that puts its beliefs ahead of profits. They've left millions on the table by closing on Sundays, and this latest deal may hurt sales too. I say good for them. I don't think anyone should get married.

Yes, if they served chicken biscuits all day, I'd probably eat there way more than I want to....

As for the bolded, it's a good point, even if I don't agree with them. If one chooses to forego profits for their personal beliefs then more power to them.