[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Start Bench Tool Question

Patriots

Then let me explain it to you...I'll type slowly..

The wacko is the apparent paradox that while the projection is getting 5 stars because of the confidence in it, the actual projection itself could be negative.

See... in most cases a 5 star projection represents a positive.....like a movie or a restaurant.

In this case a 5 star could represent a negative....but could represent a positive....it has nothing to do with the value of the projection, just the confidence in that projection...as I'm understanding it........never mind...

I hope you get it by now. It seems you're hung up on the whole 1-5 stars thing, as if it is the end all of the projection/ranking. When in fact it is a qualifier on the ranking, "X will happen with a confidence factor or 4."

The confidence factor is a measure of the confidence they have in their projection. Not a measure of the player's ability to score, or a start bench rating.

This is a valuable piece of info the staff is providing, if you cannot understand it, ignore it. Just look at projections and the old S/B list stuff.

DMD and the rest of the staff have taken a beating over some of the changes but your inability to understand confidence factor is puzzling. Maybe you just need more :coffee:

The stars measure the confidence of the projection, not the projection itself. It does not say this is a 5 star player, it is a 5 star confidence.

Since there has been a lot of negative criticism I would like to take this moment to declare that I absolutely love the confidence factor. Both as a tool to decide between player, but also because it gets your own thoughts going.

After spending a bunch of time reading through all of the posts in this topic, I've come to the conclusion that some people, just won't "get it", regardless of expanation...too bad for them.

That being said, I've plugged my dudes into my Huddle and wow, totally cool. I love the new feature. It gives us WAY more latitute and flexiblity of sorting, relating, and comparing our OWN players. As well as to the rest of the players. Totally dig it, and I think it will be the most useful tool the Huddle has ever come up with.

Thanks guys for such an innovative approach to helping us make more informative decisions for our teams.

By the way...OPENING DAY BABY!!!! Good luck to all...

Heehawks

If I'm understanding Atlas correctly, here is very simple example, assuming that I understand it, which I think that I do and I like it too. A great tool! Example, very simple, Tim Tebow has a broken leg and out for the season. He is projected to score zero points! Confidence factor is 5 stars! Obviously very simplistic example?

By the way heehawks, you need to post, because that number of posts will bring bad karma! :wink: