[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Start Bench Tool Question

Patriots

Is it really blank, or does the grid/boxes appear in black?

It highlights players from those I set up to track. But the non highlighted players are blacked out. So maybe that has something to do with it.

When I open it, all the fields are "blacked out" and hovering the mouse over them clears it. This is a behavior I don't think I have ever seen on a web page.

drag your cursor down the page and they will un-black

I am experiencing the same thing...black until I drag the cursor over them.

When I open it, all the fields are "blacked out" and hovering the mouse over them clears it. This is a behavior I don't think I have ever seen on a web page.

I only get this in IE, Firefox at home and they come up fine. Does this on the stats pages and the projected stats pages as well. I do not believe it is an intended feature.

Do you have to set up players to track for it to work? I don't have any players entered. When I click on the link, I just see a blank screen. All other links work fine.

Yes, as part of the MyHuddle you can set up players to track, and assign them to diferent fantasy teams.

I doubt they intended for the screen to black when you have no players to track, so maybe it is a minor glitch that they can fix.

I just clicked on one of the IDP tabs (DB) and see what you do, but that is not really a blank page, but a grid/box where the contents are shaded black. Also see that on QB and other positions if I change to one of the preset scoring (instead of using my league scoring).

Something needs to get cleared up there. Its week 1 for everybody.

I only get this in IE, Firefox at home and they come up fine. Does this on the stats pages and the projected stats pages as well. I do not believe it is an intended feature.

My experience with it is also in IE, and agree it is a bug/quirk, not something they intended.

I get it in FF, don't use IE.

I agree it's not intended, just giving as much detail as possible to make it easier to fix.

DMD - I voted for stars, but the more I use it, the more I'm beginning to think just a number (1 - 5) would be easier to read.

:2cents:

If the confidence column could be changed to numbers, could it also be a sort-able column? :brow:

I have to say, I don't care for the new format. . .

I appreciate all the work that went into creating the new format that is league customizable, but I will sorely miss the S1, S2, S3, B ratings each week. Between the Dorsey "system" and the Thursday quant numbers I had a good basis for start/bench. This system seems too much like ESPN or Yahoo projections.

Again, I appreciate all the work, but I really, really liked the S1, etc qualitative system.

-IP

I appreciate all the work that went into creating the new format that is league customizable, but I will sorely miss the S1, S2, S3, B ratings each week. Between the Dorsey "system" and the Thursday quant numbers I had a good basis for start/bench. This system seems too much like ESPN or Yahoo projections.

Again, I appreciate all the work, but I really, really liked the S1, etc qualitative system.

-IP

Well said, and seconded. Between the two systems (quant and qual), I had two different looks on Wed and Thurs by which to make the close calls.

There is still a qualitative measure in the writeups and then qualitative in the projections. Both John and I either write or review every writeup and every projection. The S-codes were very generic and placed all the players into one of three or four buckets. And since the better players are the ones on rosters, they ended up being all S1 (the studs anyway) and S2 as decent plays and were not enough to help people determine which player to use as was a very common complaint on our survey and to some it would contradict what I was saying on the projections. So we've tried to go more in depth per player, have every one reviewed by the other person and come to agreement before we publish so that people could get the one Huddle direction on a player.

That all said, I am thinking about adding something later week that may appeal to people such as yourself.

I'm trying to utilize the new STart Bench tool and am running into an issue.

Since I have multiple teams I'd like to be able to view them individually, which the tool allows for. The problem I have is that after I add players to my team using "myhuddle", if i try to track that same player for another one of my teams, it deletes said player from the 1st team I assigned him to.

In short, I can only track a player on one team, not multiple.

Or am I missing something?

.... and to some it would contradict what I was saying on the projections. So we've tried to go more in depth per player, have every one reviewed by the other person and come to agreement before we publish so that people could get the one Huddle direction on a player.

That all said, I am thinking about adding something later week that may appeal to people such as yourself.

Not having you guys agree is NOT a bad thing. It's an indicator that informed minds have reasons to differ. It was those items that caused me to pay more attention to the Start/Bench and figure out what I needed to do on my team. So, unlike perhaps most users I didn't see the occasional divergent view as a bad thing.

Just wanting to let you know that you guys did good work in the past and I wouldn't want you to "throw out the baby with the bath water."

Peace out...

-IP

I'm not sure why you would want to sort by confidence. How is it helpful to see all of the 5 stars together when it has nothing to do with actual scoring or projections?

I was more on the track of concentrating on high confidence ones and weeding out the one and two stars, but looking at my team I would probably would be weeding out my whole roster.

Then again, now that I think a bit more, it probably could be loaded into Excel and I could maybe do my own sort and auto-filter. :pc:

I must say I really like the new setup. It allows me to track 7 teams, many with duplicate players, just by selecting the team in the drop-down box. It does take some time to input the different scoring systems and players, but once that is done, voila!

Also, per DMD's explanation, the confidence level adds an extra layer to the rating that I find extremely useful in determining the value of the prediction, allowing a more accurate choice IMO. Makes perfect sense.

FYI, using FF, I'm not having the blackout issues as others.

Kudos! This is one of the best things I've seen here in 10 years. :tup:

Edited by Rileyrott

I'm liking all the changes so far, but it appears the "Start Bech Tool" and the "Game Predictions" use the same player projections and weekly description. I liked getting different opinions. There even used to be an article dedicated to explaining the difference in opinion.

Now we get the exact same advice in the two seperate columns? I don't get it?

I'm liking all the changes so far, but it appears the "Start Bech Tool" and the "Game Predictions" use the same player projections and weekly description. I liked getting different opinions. There even used to be an article dedicated to explaining the difference in opinion.

Now we get the exact same advice in the two seperate columns? I don't get it?

The intent was to address the volume of requests that we give one voice to those player recommendations and the reality was that we both said the same thing for 95% of all players. So now we both do writeups and projections and they are always reviewed by the other person and changed if necessary. The start bench tool gives you all the sorts, see just your team, etc. and the game predictions give you the game perspective on them and the team as a whole and which player is a candidate for a later breakout, etc. The upon further review piece used to try to try to give the one voice to each player when it was perceived we disagreed but honestly we got so few requests each week that we would write up anyone that had more than 2 people request and it became little more than a "who do I start" thing for most people.

And the SBL always used to come out on THU and now comes out on WED with the intention of daily updating to it. The game predictions used to be out on WED and while we now say THU, we are considering maybe bringing it out on WED afternoon instead.