[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Start Bench Tool Question

Patriots

The coding - S1, S2, etc. is gone and in no way used. This is all projection based now so it can all be scored out in your particular league scoring rules if you so desire. The Confidence Factor is an indication of how confident we can be in the projection. It has nothing to so with projection or "startability". A Five Star confidence says there is a ton of reasons already established as to why this projection should happen. Like a stud QB playing at home against a weak divisional opponent - plenty of reasons why you can be confident with the projections. Conversely, the worse you can get is a player you have to use almost entirely speculation because there is no track record and other data points you can point at to feel confident about the projection. Robert Griffin III on the road to NO in his first ever game got one star. There is basically nothing to go on here but speculation as he has never played an NFL game. Brees gets 5 stars in that game.

Expressing a prediction using hard numbers is necessary to get a ranking and players scores in your league scoring. But there are some projections you can feel very strongly about and would bet money are going to be really close to actual. There are others with almost nothing to go on and while you come up with the best guess numbers, you cannot possibly be as confident. We thought this was a way to help out understanding the projections and making an additional distinguishing factor for each player when you evaluate who you want to use.

DMD,

Thanks for additional info on this tool. This appears to be the same info as used in the Player Projections info, which also has the ConFac column. If so doesn't that make the two things pretty much the same (just different ways of viewing and selecting)?

So while the Start Bench tool has replaced the Start Bench list, it is less about indicating who is a good start or not, and more about

• allowing us to use our scoring
  • allowing us to track our own players
  • showing how confident you are in your projection

I agree it is helpful, and more flexible. But it will be used quite differently from the S/B list by most owners. I know why people liked the S/B list and it was a helpful tool to help deciding between similar players with similar projections.

Maybe that was removed because you're tired of listening to the "but you said I should start thi guy". Will need to look at other weekly reports and tools to see what other changes there are.

DMD,

Thanks for additional info on this tool. This appears to be the same info as used in the Player Projections info, which also has the ConFac column. If so doesn't that make the two things pretty much the same (just different ways of viewing and selecting)?

So while the Start Bench tool has replaced the Start Bench list, it is less about indicating who is a good start or not, and more about

• allowing us to use our scoring

• allowing us to track our own players

• showing how confident you are in your projection

I agree it is helpful, and more flexible. But it will be used quite differently from the S/B list by most owners. I know why people liked the S/B list and it was a helpful tool to help deciding between similar players with similar projections.

Maybe that was removed because you're tired of listening to the "but you said I should start thi guy". Will need to look at other weekly reports and tools to see what other changes there are.

IMO, the most valuable part of the start/bench list is their explanations. As long as those are still there, I'm happy.

The confidence rating also seems to be a better replacement for the more arbitrary S1, S2, B ratings, telling you how strong they think their confidence for that particular projection is.

IMO, the most valuable part of the start/bench list is their explanations. As long as those are still there, I'm happy.

The confidence rating also seems to be a better replacement for the more arbitrary S1, S2, B ratings, telling you how strong they think their confidence for that particular projection is.

Part of my point is, the confidence factor is part of Player Projections and also Start Bench Tool. So there isn't really any new info in the start bench tool, just additional ways of sorting and selecting what to view. I agree on the text explanations, they play have much more value than simply 110,2 or S2. And looking at the player projections and start bench tool side by side, I see the text is only in start bench tool. So they are a litte different. But the numbers and ConFac are the same. Start Bench can show only your players, while Player Projection shows a larger list, with your highlight (and others hidden or blacked out unless you move the mouse over them).

Not sure what benefit the Player Projections has over Start Bench tool. Why woul you use Player Projections instead of Start Bench tool?

Are we going to see the team fantasy defense ranks vs. a given position? It was always nice to see all that under one game write-up.

[For example, in the past the Players Projections matchup page would contain a table after the projections which showed: Giants QBs #3 in fantasy scoring vs. Cowboys DEF #20 vs. fantasy QBs points allowed and the same for RBs, WRs, TEs, DEF, K]

I don't get it. How is Harry Douglas a 5 star player?

He's not, they have a 5 star (out of 5) confidence in him being able to produce the stats they predict. 5 stars for him does not equal 5 stars for Rodgers.

From the Start Bench tool page

the new "Confidence Factor" (ConFac) represents how confident we are that the projections are attainable.

and is it just me, or is the "Player Rankings (Projections)" link broken? I just get a blank screen. . .

Is it really blank, or does the grid/boxes appear in black?

It highlights players from those I set up to track. But the non highlighted players are blacked out. So maybe that has something to do with it.

Are we going to see the team fantasy defense ranks vs. a given position? It was always nice to see all that under one game write-up.

[For example, in the past the Players Projections matchup page would contain a table after the projections which showed: Giants QBs #3 in fantasy scoring vs. Cowboys DEF #20 vs. fantasy QBs points allowed and the same for RBs, WRs, TEs, DEF, K]

Those are on every game prediction page as before and exist on same page together on the same report - http://www.thehuddle.com/stats/2011/gsm.php which starts in week two once there is data to use.

I don't get it. How is Harry Douglas a 5 star player?

As mentioned, the stats are a measure of the confidence we have in the projection. It is an indicator of how much of a track record and current variables can be relied on to come up with a hard number projection. Has nothing to do with the quality of the player.

Is it really blank, or does the grid/boxes appear in black?

It highlights players from those I set up to track. But the non highlighted players are blacked out. So maybe that has something to do with it.

Do you have to set up players to track for it to work? I don't have any players entered. When I click on the link, I just see a blank screen. All other links work fine.

Do you have to set up players to track for it to work? I don't have any players entered. When I click on the link, I just see a blank screen. All other links work fine.

When I open it, all the fields are "blacked out" and hovering the mouse over them clears it. This is a behavior I don't think I have ever seen on a web page.