[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This is a REAL problem

muck

I work for a very large GPO in procurement. The drought in the Midwest is going to send corn prices through the roof in a couple of months. As a result you are going to see the price of chicken, beef, and pork rise drastically.

A couple of alternatives to wings would be bone in thighs and legs. Just as delicious but way more affordable

Squirrel is the answer. It even tastes like chicken(supposedly). Except they don't have wings(even the flying variety). Thus, I've already copyrighted and will market Squirrel Shanks as the new wings. I'm gonna be rich! RICH! :pickle:

Squirrel doesn't taste like chicken. I've had plenty of it and not the same.

I work for a very large GPO in procurement. The drought in the Midwest is going to send corn prices through the roof in a couple of months. As a result you are going to see the price of chicken, beef, and pork rise drastically.

A couple of alternatives to wings would be bone in thighs and legs. Just as delicious but way more affordable

This has always been true, even if it's more true now. Both wings and ribs have been awful values for some time. Two cuts that began as cheap, throw-away cuts that have become more expensive than better cuts because of marketing.

Why would you want a wing over a thigh or drumstick? More meat, less bone, yet because wings are all the rage, wings cost more.

Why would you want ribs over loin (which is essentially the filet mignon of the pig)? Pork loin is delicious and you are paying for something that is 100% yield. Amazingly enough, however, not only do ribs cost more per lb once you factor in the bone, it often freaking costs more with the bone. Insanity.

At least with ribs, there's the whole fatty deliciousness factor that you don't get with loin (but in that case you can save even more money still and slow-roast a shoulder, even cutting them into "boneless country-style ribs"). But with the wings it's senseless.

Edited by detlef

Why would you want a wing over a thigh or drumstick?

:huh:

Dude, seek therapy.

The wing is the perfectly proportioned convenyance for buffalo sauce, with exactly the perfect ratio of meat to sauce. Sure, you can get a buffalo drumstick or a buffalo thigh, but where's the pure joy of eating that? Plus it just doesn't taste as good as a wing.

What you're proposing is like saying you ought to order an ear of corn rather than a plate of nachos. Yeah, the ear of corn is a lot better value and is better for you, but the nacho chip carries all the extra goodness of the cheese, jalepenos, onions, tomato, salsa, meat, and whatever else you can fit on it.

There are experiences that transcend the mere efficiency and economics of a matter. The buffalo wing is one of those pure wanton joyful luxuries that also happen to be affordable to almost anyone and just plain go damned well with beer & football.

Edited by Bronco Billy

What you're proposing is like saying you ought to order an ear of corn rather than a plate of nachos.

This is stupid, even for you.

Oh well, agree to disagree. I like legs and you like sucking on bones. That's cool

Edited by detlef