[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Less is More

ckelle

I might get use he confidence factor and the star ratings (however I did like the old S1/S2 player designations). But the feature of Team projections in the easy to read and print ("just give me the facts mam") format being eliminated is puzzling.I l

• Like 1

Player projections won't even open for me. I just get a blank page. When the IDP player rankings were separate, as they were on Tuesday, I could open them just fine. Now, they are lumped together and all I get is a blank page. I can't even use this feature. Every other page opens with no problems. I've been patiently waiting, hoping this was a bug, but it doesn't appear so.

Add the fact I don't care for the new Start/Bench tool and I'm really not happy with my purchase.

Ok, weird. If I go to the "In Season" tab, go down to Wednesday and click on "Player Rankings" I get a blank page. If I go to Thursday and click on "IDP Player Rankings" it works and I can access the offensive players as well.

Edited by CaptainHook

Captain I agree with "Add the fact I don't care for the new Start/Bench tool and I'm really not happy with my purchase." The Huddle may want to survey their paying customers on this new setup. It is not an improvement only a change.

Just a question to those not liking the new format so far. In the past when the huddle made changes to things (site appearance, articles, etc) did you guys give it a chance and end up liking the new version or have you never really liked any changes since you first joined?

I have been a paying member of The Huddle since its inception. These are my first negative posts about content.

Captain I agree with "Add the fact I don't care for the new Start/Bench tool and I'm really not happy with my purchase." The Huddle may want to survey their paying customers on this new setup. It is not an improvement only a change.

I believe I read somewhere, where they did do a survey and based on that, these are some of the changes they made. I don't know if I like the changes or not, but I'm willing to give it time, but of course this is only my 2nd year with The Huddle.

We did survey the members and of the thousands of responses they overwhelmingly asked for these changes which is why they were done.

And we are looking into a team by team projection page.

I have been playing around with this tool and must say it is a lot better if you do a little setup work. You can add just the players you have on your roster and save them just like you do to make custom cheatsheets based on your scoring system.

Then when you click on the tool, it shows only your players for that league.

I am in five leagues and it took me about 15 minutes to load and save everything. Now I can get instant comparisons for each of my rosters without having to look at all the other players.

If you don't want to do "all that work", the filter options allow you to look at just what you want to look at.

All these "tools."

I think where TheHuddle needs to differentiate itself is not in prognostication tools/etc. It's pretty useless. I mean, whatever algorithm you have is probably on par with Sportsline - that doesn't tell me much. Every Fantasy site provides prognos, and now Apps to plug into those.

I'd rather see you republish stats that are as CLOSE as possible to ESPN and CBS prognostications and YOUR commentary/hunches on what's right/wrong or just any kind of idea you have about something.

All these "tools."

I think where TheHuddle needs to differentiate itself is not in prognostication tools/etc. It's pretty useless. I mean, whatever algorithm you have is probably on par with Sportsline - that doesn't tell me much. Every Fantasy site provides prognos, and now Apps to plug into those.

I'd rather see you republish stats that are as CLOSE as possible to ESPN and CBS prognostications and YOUR commentary/hunches on what's right/wrong or just any kind of idea you have about something.

Strongly disagree, their projections are much better, and I'd trust them over the big sites like ESPN and CBS. Since my league is on CBS I see their fantasy stuff a lot (projections, etc.) and they are not very good.

I think the big issue (as I and some others have pointed out) is the loss of the S1/S2 info, and the Start Bench Tool really being very little like the old S/B list, but more of a rehash of the projections with additional info (player analysis) and different ways to view (tracked players, etc).

The Huddle has never and will never use algorithms to project players which is just lazy and inaccurate. Our projections are done "manually" one by one for every player considering both quantitative and qualitative charateristics. We once had a major sports site/broadcaster that wanted to buy us after their review found our projections to be the most accurate and then lost interest when they discovered that they would not be buying an algorithm but would have to rely on me because this is not a "push the button" sort of projections place. True story. A large number of some very big and familiar sites do exactly that - just a statistical algorithm they use to have their projections created for them.

The Huddle has never and will never use algorithms to project players which is just lazy and inaccurate. Our projections are done "manually" one by one for every player considering both quantitative and qualitative charateristics. We once had a major sports site/broadcaster that wanted to buy us after their review found our projections to be the most accurate and then lost interest when they discovered that they would not be buying an algorithm but would have to rely on me because this is not a "push the button" sort of projections place. True story. A large number of some very big and familiar sites do exactly that - just a statistical algorithm they use to have their projections created for them.

Anybody who thinks CBS, ESPN or some other mainstream site is as good or better than your projections is out of touch. Hopefully all the negative feedback isn't too disappointing for you. I think most will adjust in time. As I said before, maybe renaming the Start Bench Tool (so people don't expect it to be like old S/B list) would help some.

I do not regret paying for The Huddle this year.

All these "tools."

:bash:

I have been playing around with this tool and must say it is a lot better if you do a little setup work. You can add just the players you have on your roster and save them just like you do to make custom cheatsheets based on your scoring system.

Then when you click on the tool, it shows only your players for that league.

I am in five leagues and it took me about 15 minutes to load and save everything. Now I can get instant comparisons for each of my rosters without having to look at all the other players.

If you don't want to do "all that work", the filter options allow you to look at just what you want to look at.

Just did this.... Very cool feature!

All these "tools."

It is still the same great fantasy brains, best in the business, behind the projections. Get used to the new tools.

It is still the same great fantasy brains, best in the business, behind the projections. Get used to the new tools.

LOL

The new tools are annoying but hopefully they stop complaining soon

FWIW- I'm good with the new format but I have no idea what 6-pack to buy :woot:

• Like 1

LOL

The new tools are annoying but hopefully they stop complaining soon

FWIW- I'm good with the new format but I have no idea what 6-pack to buy :woot:

yeah I always looked forward to Friday mornings and reading a column that might help me decide on beers for that night and starts for that Sunday.

With that said, I for one really like the new formats with the exception of the fact that I used to use the game summaries to help me plan out bets as well as help me plan out my fantasy lineup. It may still work well for both goals but for this week I found myself just looking for my players and seeing what they were projected for. It is almost like just two start/bench articles instead of two separate forecasts.

Anybody who thinks CBS, ESPN or some other mainstream site is as good or better than your projections is out of touch. Hopefully all the negative feedback isn't too disappointing for you. I think most will adjust in time. As I said before, maybe renaming the Start Bench Tool (so people don't expect it to be like old S/B list) would help some.

I do not regret paying for The Huddle this year.

You got some brown stuff on your nose

:wink:

I might get use he confidence factor and the star ratings (however I did like the old S1/S2 player designations). But the feature of Team projections in the easy to read and print ("just give me the facts mam") format being eliminated is puzzling.I l

Like the new content but also miss the team projection page. Read else wear it is coming back. A post from the administrator

• Like 2