[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Have watched 3 plays - refs already impacting games

Jackass

When you have a broadcast team that is interested in cataloging the errors, like Collinsworth and Michaels are doing in the PIT/DEN game, the number of officiating errors becomes much more obvious.

The average fan is not going to pick this stuff up, so unless the teams raise holy hell this replacement ref business will continue. I agree with the idea that the replacement refs may be here to stay, although I don't think this is best for the game at all. It's going to take a bigger screw-up than we've seen so far this weekend to move ownership to make a deal.

• Like 1

Refs called everything in the secondary in the Colts at Bears game. Tons of defensive pass interference and even an offensive pass interference . . . however there was murder going on in the trenches that was going on unseen . . . I want the regular bad refs back.

I noticed the continuity of the Broncos game and the Packers game was negatively impacted by the officiating.

BTW, Why isn't harbaugh flagged when he spends so much time out on the field. I noticed this last year and again today.

There scared of him :shrug:

He is crazy you know :crazy:

There scared of him :shrug:

He is crazy you know :crazy:

He is wound up pretty tight. In a few of his close ups I thought he might lose control and either have his head explode or that he might chew the face off an official.

Edited by Ditkaless Wonders

Refs called everything in the secondary in the Colts at Bears game. Tons of defensive pass interference and even an offensive pass interference . . . however there was murder going on in the trenches that was going on unseen . . . I want the regular bad refs back.

On one side of the ball, or both sides? What exactly were you seeing?

The regular refs make mistakes all the time ... we gripe about them every year. I'm not sure I believe that the regular refs make any fewer mistakes ... everybody and their mother is LOOKING for mistakes made by the replacements.

Yeah, but half the time with the regular refs the griping here is because people don't understand the rules. IMNSHO, the regular refs are much better at legislating the game than the replacement guys, and understandably so.

And given the capital at stake and how much effort/time/capital the NFL spends in doing everything it can to enhance/maintain its credibility, I'm shocked that the NFL doesn't seem too concerned about the performance of the replacement refs, and have always been shocked that the refs aren't full time guys who work on film/rule study all week.

Edited by Bronco Billy

anyone else think the rule where Seattle should of lost a timeout is stupid? I mean it was an incomplete pass so the clock is stopped anyway, why should they be charged a timeout because of an injury? I can see if say it was a completed pass but an incomplete?

anyone else think the rule where Seattle should of lost a timeout is stupid? I mean it was an incomplete pass so the clock is stopped anyway, why should they be charged a timeout because of an injury? I can see if say it was a completed pass but an incomplete?

Didn't see the play. Was the player administered to by team staff, or did he get off the field before the play clock ran out on the next play?

I think the expectation that these guys are going to be blowing calls has a lot to do with the vitriol. People are even complaining about them missing penalties in the trenches. It's been said that you could call a penalty down there on every play, and we allow the real refs the leeway to just call the really bad ones and let the flow of the game continue. Not these guys, it seems.

Because we're going in looking for screw-ups. And if we go in looking for screw-ups, we're certainly going to find them.

I obviously didn't catch every game and, unfortunately, got only the last few minutes of the Niner game, which many seem to be complaining about. Of the games I caught, I saw about as many blown calls as I normally do. Perhaps a few more, but not enough to detract from my enjoyment of the product on the field.