[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Have watched 3 plays - refs already impacting games

Jackass

Until a team plays a perfect game where they make no mistakes, have no penalties, score a TD on every offense drive, prevent their opponent from scoring any points, never punt the ball ... etc etc. Then I have a hard time saying that ref.s are "impacting the game". I suspect the replacement refs aren't "impacting the game" any more than the regular ref.s would have.

Edited by Grits and Shins

Until a team plays a perfect game where they make no mistakes, have no penalties, score a TD on every offense drive, prevent their opponent from scoring any points, never punt the ball ... etc etc. Then I have a hard time saying that ref.s are "impacting the game". I suspect the replacement refs aren't "impacting the game" any more than the regular ref.s would have.

BS. When you overturn a block in the back flag you better have a damn good reason.

• Like 1

Pretty soon we'll see all the GB WR's roll around like they are playing soccer in order to get calls.

+1 I wish they would flag the Green Bay receivers for being sissies. The play doesn't even start and they're calling for a PI flag. :oldrolleyes:

So do the NFL and NFLRA come to an agreement quickly now and have the regulars out next week?

I think the NFL is happy with how the games are being officiated and for the most part don't believe there is a significant difference in how the games are called. Now way does the NFL back down.

• Like 1

I think the NFL is happy with how the games are being officiated and for the most part don't believe there is a significant difference in how the games are called. Now way does the NFL back down.

This is crazy, IMO. Today was an embarrassment for the league. The refs just acquired some bargaining power.

This is crazy, IMO. Today was an embarrassment for the league. The refs just acquired some bargaining power.

I think you may be embarrassed for the NFL but I don't believe NFL was embarrassed at all. In fact IF they think that the performance of the replacement refs was sub-par I suspect they don't believe it was a significant difference AND believe that with time/experience the replacements will close the gap. The NFL is not going to back down.

I think you may be embarrassed for the NFL but I don't believe NFL was embarrassed at all. In fact IF they think that the performance of the replacement refs was sub-par I suspect they don't believe it was a significant difference AND believe that with time/experience the replacements will close the gap. The NFL is not going to back down.

This is the crazy part to me. They may not admit it, but they KNOW there was a big difference. Let's set aside judgement calls, there were several examples of getting the rules wrong.

This is the crazy part to me. They may not admit it, but they KNOW there was a big difference. Let's set aside judgement calls, there were several examples of getting the rules wrong.

The regular refs make mistakes all the time ... we gripe about them every year. I'm not sure I believe that the regular refs make any fewer mistakes ... everybody and their mother is LOOKING for mistakes made by the replacements.

The regular refs make mistakes all the time ... we gripe about them every year. I'm not sure I believe that the regular refs make any fewer mistakes ... everybody and their mother is LOOKING for mistakes made by the replacements.

No question about that!

It would be interesting to poll the coaches and see what they think. The NFL would never allow that (or let it become public at least) but I have to believe the coaches will exert significant pressure on the league to get this settled. What I will say is that the longer it goes on, the better these refs will get and the smaller and smaller the difference between the regulars and replacements will be. The longer the league holds out and refuses to cave, the greater the chance that they will never settle.

There are 60 minutes in a football ... I don't believe that a single blown call, or for that matter several blown calls are the 2 or 3 plays in the game that determine the outcome of the whole game.

As I do agree with this a missed call or bad call here or there is an exception cause there human and usually won't impact outcome. The overturn of a flag on a blatant clip definitely could have changed the outcome of the niners game today. That was a complete wishy washy all in all bad overturn on their part and it changed the game completely as it allowed the Packers who were going nowhere on offense right back in the game that they were never in up to that point.

So this is one case that sticks out in my mind big time that did change the game and could have changed the outcome of the game all on it's own. Just my :2cents:

Edited by Sunday Couch Potatoe

As I do agree with this a missed call or bad call here or there is an exception cause there human and usually won't impact outcome. The overturn of a flag on a blatant clip definitely could have changed the outcome of the niners game today. That was a complete wishy washy all in all bad overturn on their part and it changed the game completely as it allowed the Packers who were going nowhere on offense right back in the game that they were never in up to that point.

So this is one case that sticks out in my mind big time that did change the game and could have changed the outcome of the game all on it's own. Just my :2cents:

So you are saying when the ref.s blow a call ... the team who suffers should just quit then? I mean if the game hinges on a bad call and the ball call goes against you then the game is over ...

Regardless of how bad we may perceive the officiating, I think it is crucial for the players and coaches that they stick with the replacements or get the regular officials back ASAP. It is unfair for the players/coaches to play the game with these guys and then have the regulars come in and say...HOLD ON GUYS, we have to show you whats been so messed up. It could seriously affect players and coaches. Just my opinion.