[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Week 1 Panic Room

Whiskey Pimp

I don't think people are worried that he didn't get that many touches, as you said it can happen in that offense. The problem is Edelmen being on the field for so many snaps instead of Welker, that's the worrisome part.

Yeah, the Huddle just put up the Welker/Edelman split and it was pretty even. I'm hoping it was just NE/Billecheck flexing their muscle and letting WW know he's replaceable. I neven expected him to catch 120 balls, but I was hoping for 105-110 with 6-7TDs.

Also a little concerned that Megatron was kept out of the end zone in the first week, and Stafford in general wasn't throwing many TDs.

I watched the end of that game, and Stafford definitely still looked to Calvin to make plays when they needed them. He was just short of the endzone on one catch.

I didn't see the rest of the game, but I know enough about Stafford to probably know what the problem was. He simply has too much confidence in his arm (as he should), but even when a play isn't there. From everything I heard though, he looked really solid for such a poor showing, he just had a few head-scratcher INTs that kept them out of the endzone.

I don't see much reason to panic yet.

I own fjax and turner. I'm screwed

Yes, it is officially time to panic about Turner. After the Falcons had kept the Cheifs D on the field all game and gotten a big lead, I thought for sure that Turner would start doing some damage as the closer after they wore the D down.

He definitely seems to have lost his burst, but for how well the O-line pass-protected, they haven't been giving either back much to work with since the preseason. For that reason, I would temper expectations for Quizz until they get it together or he establishes more of a PPR role.

But with the way the Falcons continue to pass even in the redzone, a slow Michael Turner without gaps and goal-line touches is a scary prospect.

Edited by delusions of grandeur

Seems odd after going for 110 and a TD, but as a Gore owner, I did not like seeing Kendall Hunter get 9 carries to 16 for Gore and am nervous about how that splits up once Lamichael James becomes available.

Am thrilled with reggie Wayne at this early stage (18 targets!), and was reasonably pleased with Antonio Brown last night - 74 yards with Champ Bailey draped all over him for most of the night and he got plenty of looks.

Seems odd after going for 110 and a TD, but as a Gore owner, I did not like seeing Kendall Hunter get 9 carries to 16 for Gore and am nervous about how that splits up once Lamichael James becomes available.

I'm with you there. I think I want to try and trade Gore away this week because I wasn't happy with the ratio.

Why did Donald brown only get 8 carries? That's crazy. Seemed like they abandoned the running game completely.

That will happen when you're getting your ass handed to you and playing from behind.

Which only reminds me why Brown was a stupid pick for me to make, when Luck isn't going to get a ton of help holding a lead.

As stated above I have fjax and turner. Luckily I grabbed spiller in my draft so I'm not as concerned. Going w Brady and gronk 1-2 (had 6th in a 10) then not really finding any value in the remaining rbs Andre Johnson in 3rd I'm really kicking myself....put in a waiver claim for Morris any potential sleepers out there?

Yeah, the Huddle just put up the Welker/Edelman split and it was pretty even. I'm hoping it was just NE/Billecheck flexing their muscle and letting WW know he's replaceable. I neven expected him to catch 120 balls, but I was hoping for 105-110 with 6-7TDs.

I have nothing to base this off of, but I have a sneaky suspicion that something is "not right" with Welker & the Pats. Ever since he tried to get his new deal things have been weird with him and the Pats. He cant be happy with BOTH Gronk & Hernandez getting nice deals only to see his future swinging in the wind. It seems like the "Hoodie" is going in a different direction in the passing game, focusing more on the TE's and using the WR's as a secondary method of passing yardage, thus leaving Welker somewhat expendable in this offense. It just doesnt seem right that someone who had over 120 receptions last year and an average of 10 targets per game reduced to 3 catches for 14 yards off of 5 targets. Something stinks here, I just have no idea what it is.

I have nothing to base this off of, but I have a sneaky suspicion that something is "not right" with Welker & the Pats. Ever since he tried to get his new deal things have been weird with him and the Pats. He cant be happy with BOTH Gronk & Hernandez getting nice deals only to see his future swinging in the wind. It seems like the "Hoodie" is going in a different direction in the passing game, focusing more on the TE's and using the WR's as a secondary method of passing yardage, thus leaving Welker somewhat expendable in this offense. It just doesnt seem right that someone who had over 120 receptions last year and an average of 10 targets per game reduced to 3 catches for 14 yards off of 5 targets. Something stinks here, I just have no idea what it is.

I'm hoping it's just a power play on NE/Bellichecks part. I mean, why would you franchise the guy for 11M this year if he wasn't in your offensive plans? Why would you stop using one of your most consistent offensive weapons over the past 5 years? A worst case scenario could be NE realized they're moving on without WW. They also realized they couldn't trade for any real value because he was a "system" player and cutting him was not an option because that would infuriate the team/fan base. So they decided to throw 11M his way this year and plan on forcing him to take a serious paycut/trade/cut him in 2013. Either way, I'm crossing my fingers and hoping he bounces back this week because there's no way I'm trading him at his present value.

I wonder if Welker gets traded by week 8 if they see that Edelman and Lloyd can handle the routes with the TE's.

I'm hoping it's just a power play on NE/Bellichecks part. I mean, why would you franchise the guy for 11M this year if he wasn't in your offensive plans? Why would you stop using one of your most consistent offensive weapons over the past 5 years? A worst case scenario could be NE realized they're moving on without WW. They also realized they couldn't trade for any real value because he was a "system" player and cutting him was not an option because that would infuriate the team/fan base. So they decided to throw 11M his way this year and plan on forcing him to take a serious paycut/trade/cut him in 2013. Either way, I'm crossing my fingers and hoping he bounces back this week because there's no way I'm trading him at his present value.

The Patriots' organization doesn't strike me as one that throws away 11M$ away to please the fan base (isn't it "only" 9,5?), in fact I don't think many NFL franchises do.

I'm hoping it's just a power play on NE/Bellichecks part. I mean, why would you franchise the guy for 11M this year if he wasn't in your offensive plans? Why would you stop using one of your most consistent offensive weapons over the past 5 years?

Because a win is a win, and Belicheat is one miserable, vindictive sumbitch.

It just doesnt seem right that someone who had over 120 receptions last year and an average of 10 targets per game reduced to 3 catches for 14 yards off of 5 targets. Something stinks here, I just have no idea what it is.

He is slower than he was last year. Hair transplant = less aerodynamic.

• Like 1

Gronk and Hernandez played all 67 snaps

Lloyd played 57

Edelman only played 27 to Welkers 47

It's not too hard to see that Welker has been moved down in the pecking order. I don't see Welker in a Patriot uniform next season unless he gives in to contract demands. He'll fetch a nice payday on the open market for some team looking for a slot receiver.

Why did Donald brown only get 8 carries? That's crazy. Seemed like they abandoned the running game completely.

Poor job by the Colts coaches IMO. No way Luck should be throwing the ball 45 times on the road in his first game. They completely abandoned it. The Bears were playing 8 men in the box and were daring Luck to throw, but the Colts did have some success running the ball, including a 19 yard TD run. The offensive line is really terrible, and starting guard Joe Reitz didn't make the trip. Then tackle Winston Justice left with a concussion.

Not too worried abut anyone yet.

Stafford needs to work on the INT thing.

I'm more worried about my ability to manage my team this yea and play the right guys on the right weeks.

This.

The first line in the first post said it all. Only friggin week one.

Regarding Sproles, who was the official HC yesterday for NO? If it was Spags, that would explain a lot. Guy is cloooooless when it comes to running a team. He may be one heckuva DC, but a HC, notsomuch...

It's their OL coach, which was one of the problems. He's busy with HC duties, and now can't work with the OL during the game to make adjustments. Bad mojo for RB's when your OL coach isn't coaching the OL.