[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Week 1 Panic Room

Whiskey Pimp

DeAngelo will now stay on my bench. Pathetic all around. Period.

Fitzgerald will now have Kolb for the foreseeable future.

Welker is a concern. Dude disappeared today.

Turner, well, Jacquizz will take over soon.

Week 2, here we come.

After last year I vowed to NEVER draft DA again ... I draft him last year and cut him around week 3 or 4 and never looked back.

Wow, reading some of these, you'd think that no WR is ever allowed to have only 60+ yds.

Last year, while in the process of putting up numbers that anyone who drafted Nelson would be thrilled for him to repeat, he put up 5 games worse than the one he had yesterday. Oh, and he was playing against one of the best Ds in the league.

Fitz had 6 games last year where he put up less than 80 with no scores.

Sproles? Dude scored 16 pts in PPR leagues.

Now, Chris Johnson, that's another story. NE D looked good but he was making his first cut in the backfield every time. That's not looking good.

And blaming D Will's lack of production on play calling? Sure, if he even had 20 yards on 6 carries, you could argue that they needed to commit to the run a bit more, but dude had -1 yard total (and actually "broke" one for 7). I watched the game, they simply couldn't run the ball to save their life. It was basically forfeiting a down only worse because they typically lost yardage.

Not too worried abut anyone yet.

Stafford needs to work on the INT thing.

I'm more worried about my ability to manage my team this yea and play the right guys on the right weeks.

Sproles does bother me based on that coaching staff not getting creative to find more ways to put the ball in his hands. Circumstances turned out that he was an adequate start, but his point total seemed very fluky.

What I like about DeAngelo Williams now is that he just can't be trusted. You can give him a spot start if needed, but besides that, he should fall down your list of options. I don't like his lack of points, but I do like that his status on my team is crystal clear.

Sproles...not so much.

Sproles does bother me based on that coaching staff not getting creative to find more ways to put the ball in his hands. Circumstances turned out that he was an adequate start, but his point total seemed very fluky.

What I like about DeAngelo Williams now is that he just can't be trusted. You can give him a spot start if needed, but besides that, he should fall down your list of options. I don't like his lack of points, but I do like that his status on my team is crystal clear.

Sproles...not so much.

Only McCluster and McCoy had more balls thrown their way among RBs Plus, they "put the ball in his hands" 3x on kick-offs and twice on punts.

Besides, it's one game and one they really didn't play well at all in. Failing to move the ball until garbage time.

I think Cruz under performed - if he caught 2 of his three drops he would have had close to 100 yards.

I don't know what possessed me to start DeAngelo Williams over Jamaal Charles - what a let down - I still may win though.

Jamaal Charles will only get better as the season goes on ATL is one of the better rush stopping teams.

Hillis, performed just as I expected him to and Charles will get his touches because of that.

RG# played a little better than I expected. Do you think he keeps it up over the course of the season?

Randy Moss performed as I expected, but I think he may become a big end zone target for Smith this season - anyone else feel this way?

Last year, while in the process of putting up numbers that anyone who drafted Nelson would be thrilled for him to repeat, he put up 5 games worse than the one he had yesterday. Oh, and he was playing against one of the best Ds in the league.

Sure...but for the last 2 years Finley was considered a disappointment and everyone wondered why Rodgers didn't target him more. He was targeted 11 times yesterday and scored a TD. This year Cobb is a popular sleeper pick and sure enough, he was targeted 9 times and caught all 9. If this is any indication of a trend, many of us have vastly overdrafted Nelson. The Huddle has him as a Tier1 WR.

No way I'm considering benching or trading Nelson, but I hope this doesn't become a situation like the Saints in recent years where any of Colston/Henderson/Moore/Meachem could explode or disappear in any given week.

Only 1 game against a decent run D, but for a 1st round pick I certainly hope Chris Johnson has some better showings. 4 total rushing yards today.. :sick:

11 carries for 4 yards. With a long of 5. Think about that for a minute. Downright scary.

Edited by nelsosi
  • Like 1

11 carries for 4 yards. With a long of 5. Think about that for a minute. Downright scary.

I honestly didn't understand Johnson being a first round pick after last year. That's pretty wishful thinking to expect him to bounce back that much. Early third I might consider him.

• Like 1

A little concerned that Ingram was hardly used yesterday, maybe he shouldn't have been in my line-up anyway (could have used Ronnie Brown).

A little concerned about Fitz, with the possible loss of Skelton means back to Kolb who wasn't very good.

Also a little concerned that Megatron was kept out of the end zone in the first week, and Stafford in general wasn't throwing many TDs.

For those concerned with DWill, the last year or so (split with JStew, Cam running, etc) had taught some of us to avoid him. I was seeing a lot of info saying he was a decent start this week. I guess people figured with JStew out, he'd have a decent game. Nobody really saw that stinker the Panthers laid coming.

As a Jordy Nelson owner I wasn't happy with all the Cobb and Finley targets. Nelson disappeared for long stretches. I'm hoping it was just a matter of Rodgers taking what the defense gave him and not a wider trend.

Believe it or not so far Nelson is right on pace. Last year he exploded in home games and disappeared on the road.

I honestly didn't understand Johnson being a first round pick after last year. That's pretty wishful thinking to expect him to bounce back that much. Early third I might consider him.

Chris Johnson was on my DO NOT DRAFT list this year. I wouldn't have him on any team. Anyone who actually spends the time to actually watch him can see that he just doesn't care anymore. He would prefer to crumble in the face of tacklers than to work. Anyone who owns him deserves what they're going to see for the rest of the season. He's a joke.

Chris Johnson was on my DO NOT DRAFT list this year. I wouldn't have him on any team. Anyone who actually spends the time to actually watch him can see that he just doesn't care anymore. He would prefer to crumble in the face of tacklers than to work. Anyone who owns him deserves what they're going to see for the rest of the season. He's a joke.

Glad you have a crystal ball.

• Like 2

Sproles? Dude scored 16 pts in PPR leagues.

In a standard PPR league that may be a good total but in my league's scoring system (scoring heavy with 1PP rush or carry) that performance was forgettable. He was outscored by Shaun Draughn (KC). Thankfully I had some other players step up and I should be able to walk away from this week with a win.

Here's the thing. It wasn't just 2011. There was evidence of issues with CJ as far back as the middle of 2010; he had a quite a few bad games from then on, or games saved by garbage time stats or one big run. At what point will even his most ardent supporters start saying this is the real CJ and that 2009 was the outlier, rather than the other way around. The evidence is starting to become overwhelming.

In a standard PPR league that may be a good total but in my league's scoring system (scoring heavy with 1PP rush or carry) that performance was forgettable. He was outscored by Shaun Draughn (KC). Thankfully I had some other players step up and I should be able to walk away from this week with a win.

He shouldn't have been drafted all that high in non PPR leagues. In fact, the only league I took him in is PPR and also awards 1 for 25 yards for returns.

I wouldn't worry about Welker. He will catch plenty of passes. The Patriots offense will swallow up a player once in a while.

If he's getting this little attention after several weeks I might rethink my stance, but one week never tells anything with the Pats.

I don't think people are worried that he didn't get that many touches, as you said it can happen in that offense. The problem is Edelmen being on the field for so many snaps instead of Welker, that's the worrisome part.