[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Week 1 Panic Room

Whiskey Pimp

I know it's only week 1 but were there any players out there that had a poor game that you feel was just a fluke and they'll end up being fine or were the poor stats a sign of things to come?

On the opposite end of the spectrum, any players that had big stat lines that will just end up being a one week wonder or do we want to bid big on the waiver wire this week?

One guy who sticks out to me is Wes Welker. Brady threw pretty much wherever he wanted to - and it wasn't often to Welker. Once Lloyd stops underrunning perfectly thrown deep passes, there's going to be even less action Welker's way. I don't own him, but it didn't look good for the first week.

Michael Turner owners might want to get panicky as well. If it wasn't for the mercy rule Matt Ryan could've put up 60 through the air. Maybe wait for a home game before really getting the panties in a wad?

As a Jordy Nelson owner I wasn't happy with all the Cobb and Finley targets. Nelson disappeared for long stretches. I'm hoping it was just a matter of Rodgers taking what the defense gave him and not a wider trend.

Ditto with Greg Jennings. That was a very solid D though so I'll keep a close eye on the Thursday night game against Chicago.

I have both Eli and Nicks also. I think both of them will be fine. I think most of Nicks problems Wednesday night were from not being in game shape. He had very little explosion in the game. Most likely that was a result of his lack of a preseason. The Giants will not be able to run the ball. The season will be on Eli's shoulders again and that will equal big numbers for both of them.

I'm extremely disappointed in Sproles' lackluster performance, he just didn't seem to be a part of the Saints' gameplan, but I'll be giving it another week or so before I start to worry. Luckily, Lynch fell very low to me so I can start him instead (Foster is my RB1).

Rashad Jennings hurt me in two leagues ... but I didn't expect to be able to start him many weeks

The dropsies by Victor Cruz were disappointing but I think he'll be fine

Chris Johnson was a big disappointment in one league. Vincent Jackson and Hakeem Nicks were disappointing in the same league.

Wes Welker hurt me in one league

But it is only week 1 ... hard to make heads or tails out of any of this