[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Collinsworth/Michaels SUCK

Cunning Runt

Chucky's my favorite.

This is either great sarcasm or a desperate cry for help - could go either way.

Announcers tonight were OK. Quality of games is suffering across the board because officiating has become such an issue. Somebody has to talk about it. If it makes the situation get better faster, so be it.

It's got nothing to do with union/anti-union - I don't want to watch games that take forever where no one seems to know what the hell is going on half the time.

In other news, the Unibroue recommendation did help the day go by much smoother. Good stuff.

According to this site, every single NFL announcer sucks. There are apparently no exceptions.

Yep, the huddle, the place where every announcer, and any player not on your team sucks.

I'm all right with pretty much all of the NFL booth guys. If you want horrible, turn it to CBS on a Saturday night. That's pure awful.

I'm glad they rip on the refs because with the beer in my hand and me watching I'll probably ripping them myself so at last someone shares the same sentiments. The replacements and the real refs suck. I remember last year everybody was talking how bad the refs are. That's why we have instant replay, because there has been criticism about them refs. I'm all in favor of having a pool of random Americans ref games every other week.

I'm glad they rip on the refs because with the beer in my hand and me watching I'll probably ripping them myself so at last someone shares the same sentiments. The replacements and the real refs suck. I remember last year everybody was talking how bad the refs are. That's why we have instant replay, because there has been criticism about them refs. I'm all in favor of having a pool of random Americans ref games every other week.

Don't all sports have some instant replay in them now? Is it really because the refs/officials suck? Or is it because we are filming it anyway, and we have the technology to correct bad calls. And because they are multi billion dollar industries (even college sports).

Not soccer

Ok, good point, and I'm sure there are other sports that don't use instant replay as well. I guess I meant all 4 major team sports played in the US. (With soccer being #5 behind baseball, basketball, football and hockey).

The point being it isn't there because "the refs suck", it is there because they are not perfect and certain things can be easily corrected with a video review.

Tennis uses it too I believe. Any many other sports rely on technology and not the human eye (timed things like races).

For the Sunday night game?

Meh. Good point lol. Redzone was on until 5pm with all the late games. I love Redzone. It has changed the way I watch football. I have FF teams so I need this kind of coverage. Some like it some don't. I love it. No commercials is really a plus. On a FF board I'm surprised at the hate. My bad on the Sunday Night Game though. lol :brew: Wasn't thinking.

PS I saw about a 1/3 of that crappy Chargers loss that was blacked out so :shrug:

Meh. Good point lol. Redzone was on until 5pm with all the late games. I love Redzone. It has changed the way I watch football. I have FF teams so I need this kind of coverage. Some like it some don't. I love it. No commercials is really a plus. On a FF board I'm surprised at the hate. My bad on the Sunday Night Game though. lol :brew: Wasn't thinking.

PS I saw about a 1/3 of that crappy Chargers loss that was blacked out so :shrug:

+1

If there isn't a game on that I really wanna watch (aside from Falcons games it's almost always one that I'd rather watch other ones over), then I'll go redzone every time. Live coverage of all the action and TDs without any commercials, and by the time it gets to the 4 O'clocks, it slows down with just 3-4 games, and you actually do get to watch most of all the games, or the ones that are still close anyway...

(Also, great to just flip to for a couple minutes when the games I do watch go to commercial)

Edited by delusions of grandeur

Don't all sports have some instant replay in them now? Is it really because the refs/officials suck? Or is it because we are filming it anyway, and we have the technology to correct bad calls. And because they are multi billion dollar industries (even college sports).

I agree we have the technology but if humans make mistakes then do we review all bad calls or just some? I'm leaning more into the fact that if every call can't be reviewable then it needs to be none at all and leave it up to the refs. Pass interference calls and other penalties that have a significant implications should be able to be reviewed as well. Those are bad calls as well.

And yes I agree most of the top #4 major sports referees are bad. I can only tolerate hockey refs. Maybe because it's the least popular and not as much money is involved.

I agree we have the technology but if humans make mistakes then do we review all bad calls or just some? I'm leaning more into the fact that if every call can't be reviewable then it needs to be none at all and leave it up to the refs. Pass interference calls and other penalties that have a significant implications should be able to be reviewed as well. Those are bad calls as well.

And yes I agree most of the top #4 major sports referees are bad. I can only tolerate hockey refs. Maybe because it's the least popular and not as much money is involved.

I don't think officials in sports are bad in general. Do they make horrible calls sometimes, sure. But overall they do a good job. Could they be better, of course. Could they be worse, absolutely look at what we have right now in the NFL.

I wonder what you are comparing refs in sports to if your opinion is that they are all bad. Is it some other profession, perfection or what?

The whole "ref/ump/official" sucks thing has been around a long time and will never really go away. Because have a vested interest whether for money, favorite team, or pure game enjoyment.

I am soooooo sick of hearing these guys rip on the officlals. They say something every single play. The first down that Collinsworth was incredulous about - it WAS a first down. Great challenge by Harbaugh and right reversal. But Collinsworth/Michaels were ripping the officials left and right. How about praising the effort of the player to make the reach to get the first down? Hmmmm? How 'bout it?

Those guys just need to worry about calling the game and not mention the officials every play. Gets freaking old.

bump