[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Worst situation ever! Must read. FML

OvoXo

Down 0-2 coming into week 3.

opponent scores 102 pts.

I have 96 pts left with Tucker (Raven's kicker) about to play.

Tucker scares me till last min scores 7 pts. I "win".

Espn freakin messes up and didnt credit Opponents Houston D with a FR (that they got on that last play).

Tomorrow = 2pts for opponent for that FR = I lose.

FML.

Welcome to fantasy football. We all have stories like this. Get used it it because it will happen again. also, one day you will be on the other side and enjoy the win.

At times like this, I like to remind myself that Houston had already scored those points, so it's not like you had victory snatched from your hands. Rather, you'd already lost and simply didn't know it yet.

For whatever reason, it makes it easier to swallow for me.

• Like 1

Here's my worst football bad beat story: Back before the internet was very big, so there weren't gambling sites or what not, a buddy of mine was going to Reno for the weekend and wanted to know if I wanted any action on the games.

So, I decide to give him $10 and filled out a 7 or 8 team parlay (forget which but it paid something like 100-1, so whatever it would have to be to do that). At any rate, all of my Sunday picks cover and I'm down to Pitt at ATL with the under and Pitt -5. With the game nearly over, the under is in the bag and Pitt is leading by 13, so I'm effing peeing myself. ATL scores a TD with about 2 minutes to go, so it's closer now, Pitt by 6. I think ATL had all their timeouts because they kicked off rather than on-side and Pitt screws up the return, ending up inside their own 10. One first down and it's over.

They run 3 crappy plays and actually lose a few yards, but force ATL to burn their timeouts. Then, because they're so far back, instead of punting, THEY TAKE AN INTENTIONAL SAFETY! They win by 4 instead of 6 and I'm out $1000.

Down 0-2 coming into week 3.

opponent scores 102 pts.

I have 96 pts left with Tucker (Raven's kicker) about to play.

Tucker scares me till last min scores 7 pts. I "win".

Espn freakin messes up and didnt credit Opponents Houston D with a FR (that they got on that last play).

Tomorrow = 2pts for opponent for that FR = I lose.

FML.

Man, that's really tough to have to deal with that. Thoughts and prayers are coming your way during this difficult day. Hang in there, bud.

Edited by Chief Dick

Here's my worst football bad beat story: Back before the internet was very big, so there weren't gambling sites or what not, a buddy of mine was going to Reno for the weekend and wanted to know if I wanted any action on the games.

So, I decide to give him $10 and filled out a 7 or 8 team parlay (forget which but it paid something like 100-1, so whatever it would have to be to do that). At any rate, all of my Sunday picks cover and I'm down to Pitt at ATL with the under and Pitt -5. With the game nearly over, the under is in the bag and Pitt is leading by 13, so I'm effing peeing myself. ATL scores a TD with about 2 minutes to go, so it's closer now, Pitt by 6. I think ATL had all their timeouts because they kicked off rather than on-side and Pitt screws up the return, ending up inside their own 10. One first down and it's over.

They run 3 crappy plays and actually lose a few yards, but force ATL to burn their timeouts. Then, because they're so far back, instead of punting, THEY TAKE AN INTENTIONAL SAFETY! They win by 4 instead of 6 and I'm out $1000.

Ouch!

We have a winner.

And can someone tell me what FML is?

Something that people without real problems say to hyperbolize about their inconsequential ones.

Det, I know this going to sound like I'm one-upping you, but I had the same thing happen to me on a 10-game parlay for $10,000.

That was the day in 2007 when Pittsburgh not only covered the 28 point spread against the top ranked WV at home, but actually upset them, busting their title hopes.

Then comes the Arizona/Arizona State game, where I just need State to cover like a 4 point spread. They're up 20-10 with just 1:11 left, before their kicker kicks a worthless 33 yard punt from their endzone.

Arizona can't punch it in, but draws a phantom interference call on an unsuccessful 3rd down at the 11 yard line, to give them first and goal with 3 more chances to score a meaningless TD to hit the spread (without the call they would have probably kicked the fieldgoal, down by 2 scores and needing to onside kick anyway)

That one phantom call cost me 10G's, and started my disdain for refs, Vegas, and Arizona state. "F my luck" would seem a more appropriate acronym.

Edited by delusions of grandeur

Yea I was actually punting on horses here in Australia a few years ago now and had put a $100 all up on 4 horses to win on the day. They were paying $2.30, $7.80, $5.60 & $6.90 and all fixed odds so it wouldn't have made a difference what happened.

All 4 horses would win on the day but the first one at $2.30 lost the race on one of the worst protests ever upheld in the country cheating me out of nearly $70000 the amazing thing is I still bet on horses