[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Detroit is TERRIBLE

giantsfan

Furdnudo will defend him to the death even though, deepdown, he and every Lions fan knows that the timing of Barrys abandonment of the franchise is a capital offense.

Is that a reference to Manudo?

Sanders didn't owe the franchise anything other than to give his best efforts on the field. The Lions didn't owe Sanders anything other than to meet their obligations to Sanders under their contract and perhaps other agreements.

I expect employees to make decisions about their employment based upon what is best for them and their families. I would expect my colleagues to leave for a better position, or to retire if they wanted, even though it would leave me and my firm "in the lurch." I wouldn't expect them to give me six months notice or whatever so that we could try to bring someone in with a book of business to replace the lost revenues. And we work at desks and tables and no one's health is at risk.

So yes, I'm defending Sanders. And I'd defend you if you abruptly retired from your job. You gotta look after yourself.

Edited by Furd

Sanders didn't owe the franchise anything other than to give his best efforts on the field. The Lions didn't owe Sanders anything other than to mmet their obligations to Sanders under their contract and perhaps other agreements.

I expect employees to make decisions about their employment based upon what is best for them and their families. I would expect my colleagues to leave for a better position, or to retire if they wanted, even though it would leave me and my firm "in the lurch." I wouldn't expect them to give me six months notice or whatever so that we could try to bring someone in with a book of business to replace the lost revenues. And we work at desks and tables and no one's health is at risk.

So yes, I'm defending Sanders. And I'd defend you if you abruptly retired from your job. You gotta look after yourself.

I got your back, bro!

Blasphemy. Barry Sanders and Jerome Bettis were the best two RB's in the History of the NFL, and the two classiest guys ever. I love them both just so much.

I'll take Jim Brown for $1000.

I have a thing for quitters. :woot:

Sanders didn't owe the franchise anything other than to give his best efforts on the field. The Lions didn't owe Sanders anything other than to meet their obligations to Sanders under their contract and perhaps other agreements.

So, "The Lions didn't owe Sanders anything other than to meet their obligations to Sanders under their contract" the Lions , in your words, are expected to meet their obligations under their contract and Sanders isnt ? Doesnt the contract work both ways ? Your comparisons to the common workplace are not apples to apples but to keep with your theme, what Sanders did is equal to leaving your job with no notice . I see no honor in that . They also had to sue him to recover upfront bonus money back for those that want to paint him as St Barry who didnt care about $.

It sucks when a person that is an icon to you shits the bed but that is what he did. Blind homerism allows you to look the other way. It is understandable

It sucks when a person that is an icon to you shits the bed but that is what he did. Blind homerism allows you to look the other way. It is understandable

Blind homer? :lol: I don't care what team Sanders played for.

For me, the notion that professional athletes are somehow special dissapeared about 35 years ago when the posters came off of the bedroom wall. They're guys with jobs that certainly don't owe you anything, so I don't understand why you are so senstive about it.

I bet that you get upset when athletes don't retire when you think they should and they "tarnish" their reputations/legacies.

Edited by Furd

So, "The Lions didn't owe Sanders anything other than to meet their obligations to Sanders under their contract" the Lions , in your words, are expected to meet their obligations under their contract and Sanders isnt ? Doesnt the contract work both ways ?

So are you saying that every person that retires with time remaining on their contract is a quitter?

It does work both ways. Player works for team. Teams pays him. Player doesn't work for team. Team doesn't pay him.

Whomper:

What are you upset about concerning Barry Sanders? The timing of his retirement was bad. We all admit he should have done it at least before the draft, but I accept his excuse. It was a tough decision for him and he kept putting it off. I think a player should retire when they are no longer comitted to their craft. He just couldn't do it anymore. He wasn't ready for another rebuilding process with a drill seargant for a coach. The Lions had recently cut some of his veteran teammates for salary cap reasons. The dude didn't want to play anymore.

Why does it bother you so much? Because people compare Barry to Emmitt? I don't get it....

Blind homer? :lol: I don't care what team Sanders played for.

For me, the notion that professional athletes are somehow special dissapeared about 35 years ago when the posters came off of the bedroom wall. They're guys with jobs that certainly don't owe you anything, so I don't understand why you are so senstive about it.

I bet that you get upset when athletes don't retire when you think they should and they "tarnish" their reputations.

You act as if this was a normal retirement where Barry gave them notice and they pulled an F150 on the field for him in his last game as they threw confetti at him. This was an abrupt retirement from far and away the best player on their team which ripped the rug out from under the franchise. Homerism certainly comes in to play when one of the players from our team does something questionable and shady. we all do it. You slam Hines Ward any chance you get yet when the focus is on Suh you say the football fanbase has gone soft. Barry wronged the Lions. He put them on the map, gave them a face, then gave it to them dry.

Edited by whomper

So are you saying that every person that retires with time remaining on their contract is a quitter?

It does work both ways. Player works for team. Teams pays him. Player doesn't work for team. Team doesn't pay him.

The circumstances of how the player leaves the contract on the table determines my answer. In Barrys case, it wasnt just IMO and he left them reeling.

Whomper:

What are you upset about concerning Barry Sanders? The timing of his retirement was bad. We all admit he should have done it at least before the draft, but I accept his excuse. It was a tough decision for him and he kept putting it off. I think a player should retire when they are no longer comitted to their craft. He just couldn't do it anymore. He wasn't ready for another rebuilding process with a drill seargant for a coach. The Lions had recently cut some of his veteran teammates for salary cap reasons. The dude didn't want to play anymore.

Why does it bother you so much? Because people compare Barry to Emmitt? I don't get it....

Because it gave me a chance to use the word Furdnudo

Furd has an underlying hatred for Mikel Leshoure it would seem. Your from Detroit for Christs sake!! you still on the Kevin Smith fan club or what? You didn't have anything to say after last weeks game when you ridiculed me for starting Leshoure over McGahee which I might add worked out very well for me. The Vikings run defense is among the best against running backs. Don't look too much into it.

Special teams coach needs to be fired immediately. 4 return TD's in the last two games. Oh and we lost those games by a combined 10 points.

Our special teams coach predicted that we would get a return td yesterday after watching the Lions on film.

You didn't have anything to say after last weeks game when you ridiculed me for starting Leshoure over McGahee which I might add worked out very well for me.

Congratulations for guessing right Nostradamus. Feel better?

And I can't think of anything that I care less about than who you started on your fantasy football team.