[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Black Monday can't come soon enough!

tazinib1

what?

ETA: Oh the "he's due" part. lol...seems I forgot some of the sentence on that one. I need a proof reader before I submit my posts at times.

Let's make all make sure that Zooty is sitting down for this one:

Sure, i'll take John Gruden over Chip but I still think I'd rather have Jay. Maybe we can get a package deal.

Hopefully any work out better than Reid who is just another Norv/Shotty.

Still don't get your love for Caldwell?

Still don't get your love for Caldwell?

I'm going to be falling in love with alot of potential HC this year. I'm so excited it's like trying to figure out what that big X-Mas present under the tree is. I don't necessarily have a "LOVE" for the dude. But I'll take any warm body over Norv chivesing Turner at this point.

Great article, I really miss Terry Pluto since he left Akron's paper (need to read the Plain Dealer more I guess).

I heard Jim Donavan (radio voce of the Browns and CLE NBC sportscaster) report from Pittsburgh that both Shurmur and Weeden would be fired on Monday. The team normally has a team meeting in the afternoon, but players were told to report in the morning instead (presumably to be told the news).

Good luck to Shurmur and Heckert in the future, I agree that Shurmur just didn't get a good enough chance (2 years, with the first following the lockout). That mistake in year one of trying to be his own OC was a sign of somebody who wants too much control, and didn't recognize the amount of work involved in being both OC & HC.

:lol: Now you know how I feel when I don't proof read

Oops, I was reading some comments on that story Loaf posted, I guess the fans saying that Weeden should be fired as well got me confused. I'm certainly not drinking/drunk yet, so that wasn't the problem. I shared this one totally idiotic comment with my brother

from tsevs

Shurmer deserves to go for playing Weeden every frickin game! My 75 year old mom could evaluate that Weeden sucks and will NEVER be any good! Heckert deserves to go for drafting that worthless, guttless bumb and for wasting a top 5 pick on an undersized, slow, off-injured running back! Who drafts a RB with a top 10 pick? An idiot that's who! Good riddence! I hope this new regime has some football sense. Go Browns!...

Good luck to Shurmur and Heckert in the future, I agree that Shurmur just didn't get a good enough chance (2 years, with the first following the lockout). That mistake in year one of trying to be his own OC was a sign of somebody who wants too much control, and didn't recognize the amount of work involved in being both OC & HC.

Not to mention Shurmur had to break in a rookie QB in his first year, and break in ANOTHER one in his 2nd year.

Given the way things go for Cleveland, I can see him having a semi-Belicheckian future in the sense of him going out, getting a bit more seasoning, figuring out what he did wrong, and being a good HC for someone else 5-10 yrs down the road.

Saw that KC was firing Romeo bit not Pioli

Not yet on Pioli...think the jury is still supposedly out

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8795543/kansas-city-chiefs-dump-coach-romeo-crennel-keep-gm-scott-pioli-now

Chiefs chairman Clark Hunt said in a statement. "I will immediately begin the search for the next head coach of the Chiefs. The entire football operation will remain under review and there may be additional changes to come."

Wow

kind of a surprise

As a Bears homer, i can tell you there had been rumors that he needed to make the playoffs to save his job.

And with just three playoff wins in nine years, it was time for a change.

As a Bears homer, i can tell you there had been rumors that he needed to make the playoffs to save his job.

And with just three playoff wins in nine years, it was time for a change.

They'll probably go with an offensive minded head coach..but with that said I don't know that Lovie should have been canned...his GM didn't do him many favors over the years...and if memory serves me, he did get to a SB with Rex Grossman as his starting QB

They'll probably go with an offensive minded head coach..but with that said I don't know that Lovie should have been canned...his GM didn't do him many favors over the years...and if memory serves me, he did get to a SB with Rex Grossman as his starting QB

I hope the Bears land Mike McCoy.

He needed to go. The players most loyal to him are almost all at or near the end of their careers so would need replacement anyway, the team always looks like it's waiting for the next thing to go wrong and it's the same bungling incompetence every time - can't get the play called in time, no clue what to do in the red zone, slipping into prevent defense and failing and on and on. Smith is devoid of ideas, inspiration and enthusiasm.

One playoff appearance in six years? There isn't any team in the NFL that would put up with that.

He needed to go. The players most loyal to him are almost all at or near the end of their careers so would need replacement anyway, the team always looks like it's waiting for the next thing to go wrong and it's the same bungling incompetence every time - can't get the play called in time, no clue what to do in the red zone, slipping into prevent defense and failing and on and on. Smith is devoid of ideas, inspiration and enthusiasm.

One playoff appearance in six years? There isn't any team in the NFL that would put up with that.

bengals did with Marvin Lewis ...2003-2008....now playoffs in last 2yrs and 3of last 4 Edited by keggerz

he included them by saying any team :)

OK, so now focus on the first paragraph.

I am not at all a fan of over-animated coaches like that Dallas buffoon Ryan but you could have planted a Lovie Smith cardboard cutout on a stick on the sideline and no-one would have known the difference.

I

I had a bad feeling that Seattle game would come back to haunt the team.

The San Fran/Houston games weren't so bad to deal with because they were simply outplayed--but that Seattle game was one of the worst losses I have seen in awhile.