[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL 2013 FAs

BeeR

Big name candidates - would have to come from a rebuilding team, or one with a malcontent guy or one they can't pay. Fitz qualifies for the first category, but Irsay ruled it out. Stevie Johnson and Miles Austin stood out, but they have enormous cap hits the team would have to eat.

Eric Decker is in the final year of his rookie deal, and only a $183k cap hit to trade vs. a #1.5 mil number, so clear $1.3 mil or so of more space for Elvis. Might not be able to afford a big deal next year for him, and Manning can turn any schmuck into a 60+ catch guy. Brandon Lloyd and Early Doucet come to mind.

Hakeem Nicks is also final year of his deal. Giants can't pay him and Cruz both, and they have Randle around as a development plus the 99 other WR's they have drafted recently.

Roddy White would save ATL around $5 mil in cap space. With Tony G back, Julio beasting, and SJax/Jaquizz being capable of 100+ catches between them, the cap space and picks could be put toward more defensive help.

In all three cases it's taking a big-time target away from a QB in a big-time passing attack on teams that you'd think are making a push to win, not rebuilding/reloading, but Irsay did use the words shock waves.

Urlacher has expressed he has no intent on retiring. Will talk to teams that expressed interest. I gotta go back and research the teams that did that. BRB.

ETA: Vikings and Cowboys

Edited by tazinib1

If he wasn't such a little girl about tweeting, I'd have to wonder why someone would over-hype like this. Guy needs to start acting like an owner.

Irsay is easily one of the best owners around, but I agree about the twitter BS.

Brandon Lloyd and Early Doucet come to mind.

If that mind is intoxicated.

Oh well. If Wayne is good for another year and TJ continues to develop, we're OK for another year anyway, even if we are kinda thin.

Oh well. If Wayne is good for another year and TJ continues to develop, we're OK for another year anyway, even if we are kinda thin.

Man I don't know . . . I really liked TY Hilton, but going with him as #2 and Brazill at #3 scares the chives out of me . . . need an experienced WR. I actually think Heyward-Bey would be a decent signing . . .

I think Bey would be a terrible signing, given he isn't reliable and we're already up against the cap due to overspending on FAs. As trying as Polian's disdain/competence re. the FA market was at times, to his credit having restraint can be a good thing too. Oh well - this is part of the rebuilding thing, can't have everything fixed at once. I will be happy if we are a "legit" 8 or 9 win team this year, though I question if we will be. I just hope Luck doesn't have to carry the team on his back as much as Manning did.

Edited by BeeR

I think Bey would be a terrible signing, given he isn't reliable and we're already up against the cap due to overspending on FAs. As trying as Polian's disdain/competence re. the FA market was at times, to his credit having restraint can be a good thing too. Oh well - this is part of the rebuilding thing, can't have everything fixed at once. I will be happy if we are a "legit" 8 or 9 win team this year, though I question if we will be. I just hope Luck doesn't have to carry the team on his back as much as Manning did.

Gotta agree with BeeR on this one. As a Colts fan, DHB doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies. And if DHB really is the guy that Irsay said will send "shock waves" through the NFL, dude needs to lay off the sauce - or stop tweeting when he's on it. If you can get him on the cheap (and I mean CHEAP), then it can't hurt.

Gotta agree with BeeR on this one. As a Colts fan, DHB doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies. And if DHB really is the guy that Irsay said will send "shock waves" through the NFL, dude needs to lay off the sauce - or stop tweeting when he's on it. If you can get him on the cheap (and I mean CHEAP), then it can't hurt.

Taz taught him how to tweet

Edited by bpwallace49
  • Like 1

Ed Reed just arrived in Houston. NOT CONFIRMED but will sign a 3yr deal tomorrow morning.

ETA: :lol: All the beat writer are bitching cause they chased him all the way to the parking lot and he gave them nothing. :lol::lol:

Edited by tazinib1

All from Huddle Player News

Bengals sign former Browns backup QB Josh Johnson.

Panthers signed fomer 49er WR Ted Ginn.

Ravens offered a contract to Evlis Dumervil.

Talk of Deangelo Williams trade possibilities during owners meeting, Panthers did not deny it.