[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL 2013 FAs

BeeR

Browns sign Jason campbell

Glad they didn't overspend, but not really sure how much competition Campbell is. As our local sports guy said "Well if Weeden loses the starting job to Campbell then he's pretty much done."

I always thought Campbell had some talent, but suffered with injuries and too many scheme/coaching/team changes.

Well at least now I can count on them not wasting a top draft pick to get a QB (they may have been considering trading the 1.06).

Very doubtful. They can get a great player who fills a big need with that pick.

As for the QB thing, I'd be very happy to see the Colts get Colt. :) Another guy who didn't really get much of a chance IMO and a worthy backup.

Chargers released LT Jared Gaither.

Signed to a four-year, $24.6M contract a year ago, Gaither essentially quit on the Chargers. "Big Lazy" appeared in just four games, milking back and groin injuries that the medical staff never deemed serious before landing on injured reserve. The Chargers are so down on Gaither that they're willing to take a $6M cap hit this season. The 6'9/340 behemoth immediately becomes the the best talent available on the left tackle market, but that's only if he wants to play. Meanwhile, the Chargers currently have King Dunlap penciled in on Philip Rivers' blind side, making Oklahoma LT Lane Johnson a strong possibility at No. 11 overall in April's draft.

Source: Michael Gehlken on Twitter

hmmmmmmm....who mocked Lane Johnson in the Huddle Mock Draft???? This guy.

Very doubtful. They can get a great player who fills a big need with that pick.

As for the QB thing, I'd be very happy to see the Colts get Colt. :) Another guy who didn't really get much of a chance IMO and a worthy backup.

Colts signed Matt Hasselbeck who is expected to be the backup. Why would you want Colt McCoy too?

http://www.stampedeb...-titans-cut-him

I just saw that the Browns quickly made a statement that Colt McCoy is not going to be released. They'll try to trade him, or release later before the season starts. Some Cleveland fans are hilarious, they think the signing of Campbell means that Weeden will be cut, that's crazy talk (or wishful thinking). Agree that Colt could be a good backup.

Edited by stevegrab

Eric Winston - T - Free Agent

The Union-Tribune San Diego reports that the "door remains open" for free agent RT Eric Winston to sign with the Chargers.

Winston visited the Chargers nearly three weeks ago, but San Diego hasn't been the only city he's been linked to. A signing with the Bolts is not imminent, and it doesn't appear anything on the Winston front will happen in the next day or two. If Winston were to sign, the Chargers could then release incumbent RT Jeromey Clary and save $2.3 million versus the cap.

Related: Chargers

Source: Union-Tribune San Diego

Mar 27 - 10:27 PM

I just got a boner

He's not a FA this year, but it looks like Romo & the Cowboys are on the same page for 6-year extension through 2019.

Per Adam Schefter, "And here are the numbers: Dallas is giving QB Tony Romo a six-year extension worth $108 million, per sources."

Supposedly, he is getting more guaranteed money ($55 million) than Flacco ($52 million). I'm sure all the Romo haters will be out in full force now, but I say, "Good for Romo!" He deserves it! :tup:

Edited by electricrelish