[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL 2013 FAs

BeeR

woodhead? meh

As a Vareen owner, I am happy. This will open up much more playing time for Vareen.

I'm probably in the minority, and it wouldn't be the first time, but I like the signing.

Woodhead is a very underrated player. He does a little bit of everything, is tough as nails and provide excellent depth. I am sad the Patriots let him go but I understand why.

Didn't really feel like starting a new thread for a rumor, but it's more of trade news/rumor than a FA signing.

Anyway, a LOT of local chatter here (I wonder how much of this is coming up cause the owners meetings are going on here this week), local news, sports news, radio, sports radio, Cardinals insiders (talking to local news) talking about how there's a LOT of substance to a potential Larry Fitzgerald to the Indianapolis Colts trade.

Suprisingly though, the only thing I can find online are a few tweets (not really mentioning any "teams") stating Larry Fitzgerald's name has come up in recent trade talks, and another stated Cardinals could be shipping out a top player for numerous picks.

Just rumors though - and up until today there were rumors that the Colts were actively pursuing Victor Cruz, but they were trying to come up with an offer that he would not only agree to, but one that made sense for the Colts and one that the Giants wouldn't match. But we saw today Irsay tweet several times that it's "NOT" Victor Cruz.

Anyway, something to keep an eye on.

Edited by Shorttynaz

Didn't really feel like starting a new thread for a rumor, but it's more of trade news/rumor than a FA signing.

Anyway, a LOT of local chatter here (I wonder how much of this is coming up cause the owners meetings are going on here this week), local news, sports news, radio, sports radio, Cardinals insiders (talking to local news) talking about how there's a LOT of substance to a potential Larry Fitzgerald to the Indianapolis Colts trade.

Suprisingly though, the only thing I can find online are a few tweets (not really mentioning any "teams") stating Larry Fitzgerald's name has come up in recent trade talks, and another stated Cardinals could be shipping out a top player for numerous picks.

Just rumors though - and up until today there were rumors that the Colts were actively pursuing Victor Cruz, but they were trying to come up with an offer that he would not only agree to, but one that made sense for the Colts and one that the Giants wouldn't match. But we saw today Irsay tweet several times that it's "NOT" Victor Cruz.

Anyway, something to keep an eye on.

This would be major. It could really boost Michael Floyd's value and possibly hurt TY Hilton's.

Maclin isn't a free agent

Irsay didn't tweet about a FA...he tweeted about something big they have beenworking on. Obviosly that would be a trade of some fasion. They don't have cap space anyway

Edited by tazinib1

Interesting - Fitz sounds like a flashy move and all but he's getting up there and would cost a ton and haven't they already fried a lot of their cap $? Maclin would be cheaper and younger, though of course he's no Fitz.

ESPN just said that Jake Long signed with somebody but I didn't hear the team. Figured there was a lot of mystery surrounding this guy, so I would add some more...

Hmmm... candidates for the mystery WR headed to the Colts...

Brandon Lloyd, recently released by the Pats?

Laurent Robinson, released by the Jags?

Or the almighty Ben Obamanu released by the Seahawks?

Randy Moss?

Chad Johnson?

:lol:

Darris Hayward Bey?

Juliam Edelman?

According to Irsay's "tweets", 2 days ago he said this is something they've been working on for "5 days" (so now 7 days) and also said they're out of cap room - so this is VERY likely a trade.

He hinted in a subsequent tweet that the targeted player is a wide receiver. In another tweet, he called the mystery receiver a "whopper."

I certainly would not consider ANY of the above mentioned receivers a "whopper". A Big Mac, maybe - but certainly not whoppers. :)

Edited by Shorttynaz

Considering how much money they had and what they got, I'm underwhelmed. The OL moves were great, but the D ones are another story. I guess having a good D is against the Colt by-laws or something. Anyone have Bubba Smith's number?

And I hope whoever they trade for isn't a break-the-bank move as well.

Considering how much money they had and what they got, I'm underwhelmed. The OL moves were great, but the D ones are another story. I guess having a good D is against the Colt by-laws or something. Anyone have Bubba Smith's number?

And I hope whoever they trade for isn't a break-the-bank move as well.

I REALLY like te R. Jean-Francios signing. He filled in really well in SF when Justin Smith went down. He's certainly an upgrade the the D-line.

Erik Walden, doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies - and I keep reading he's a liability in pass coverage, but he's a hell of a run stopper - and that's really what the Colts needed.

Greg Toler - I watched this guy get burned out here in AZ. He's the same player as Jerraud Powers, so no upgrade and no downgrade. Funny thing is Jerraud Powers took over Tolers spot here in AZ.

Laron Landry - I really, really, really, really like this move. He may not be the top safety out there, but he's a difference maker. He reminds me a lot of Bob Sanders - he brings the heat man. The dude flat out tries to lay people out - however that's his liability, he's always looking for the big hit, and in doing so he sometimes lets the opposing WR's get behind him. But what we had, compared to what we got, it's a VAST upgrade.

I'm not a hugge fan of building through free agency as in most cases, these free agents are free agents for a reason - and it's not very often that it's due to $$. But - what the Colts put out there last season vs. the level of talent they have this season, it's a pretty big upgrade.

I don't wanna tell you to get your hopes up, but I think you've overlooking what they've done. In less than 2 years they went from an old and over the hill team, to now a young and very talented team again. They completely skipped the "rebuilding" process. Some teams can never get out of that rebuilding process.

As Colts fans - we have a lot to be excited about.. :)

I liked the Frenchie move as well. Mixed on the rest - Walden was the worst near as I can tell, can't cover or blitz - if we got him at a good price I'd be fine with it, but we didn't. LBs esp nowdays need to be able to cover. If run D is such a concern, improve the always-leaky DL more. Toler has potential but is injury plagued. Yes Landry is an improvement there, but that isn't saying squat since Z sucked and Landry is also an injury issue and gets burned a lot from what I have seen and heard. Seems we way overpaid there too.

Don't get me wrong I am glad they are making some moves and on the whole did pretty good I think, just feel we could have done better, esp re spending the money better - seems we'd have been perhaps better laying back more and getting comparable for much less, saving cap space.

Edited by BeeR

Matt Hasselbeck already in contract negotiations with the Colts to back up Luck. Uh.. This isn't the WR news that Irsay keeps toying with the Twitter world about, but would be a solid backup!

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/titans/2013/03/18/tennessee-titans-matt-hasselbeck/1997661/