[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

S-Jax is a Falcon

tazinib1

:pickle:

If the O-line can build on what they did in the playoffs (best games as unit by far), then this will be gold, but even if not, Jackson has much better vision (not to mention pass-catching ability) to where he'll be a big upgrade regardless.

ETA: also extremely cap friendly at just $12 for 3 years, and just 4 guaranteed. In TD we trust!

Edited by delusions of grandeur

Are they lining him up at DE? They might need to...

I like him signing there, even at the cost of not signing in Green Bay. :sad: He's going to look awesome those first 5-6 games until he pulls a quad muscle, or whatever other nagging injury that's just enough to keep him from putting up 1500+ combined yards rushing and receiving.

I like him signing there, even at the cost of not signing in Green Bay. :sad: He's going to look awesome those first 5-6 games until he pulls a quad muscle, or whatever other nagging injury that's just enough to keep him from putting up 1500+ combined yards rushing and receiving.

He plays hurt...more than any other RB.

I like him signing there, even at the cost of not signing in Green Bay. :sad:He's going to look awesome those first 5-6 games until he pulls a quad muscle, or whatever other nagging injury that's just enough to keep him from putting up 1500+ combined yards rushing and receiving.

umm, over the last four years he has missed 2 total games, 1 each in 2009 & 2011...in his career just 13 games...most he missed in a season was 4 games twice (2007 & 2008)...as far as 1500+ he has done that in 2 of the last 4 years and was just 22 yards from being 3 of 4 yrs...Steven Jackson has to be one of the most underrated RBs of all-time.

• Like 1

umm, over the last four years he has missed 2 total games, 1 each in 2009 & 2011...in his career just 13 games...most he missed in a season was 4 games twice (2007 & 2008)...as far as 1500+ he has done that in 2 of the last 4 years and was just 22 yards from being 3 of 4 yrs...Steven Jackson has to be one of the most underrated RBs of all-time.

He hasn't missed much time, but he has had nagging muscle pulls over the last few years that have zapped his effectiveness. He's still a weapon, but I find it funny that they dump a 31 year old for a 29 year old with even more overall mileage. When power backs hit the wall they hit it extremely hard. IMO, 1 more productive year is all the Falcons should be hoping for.

He hasn't missed much time, but he has had nagging muscle pulls over the last few years that have zapped his effectiveness. He's still a weapon, but I find it funny that they dump a 31 year old for a 29 year old with even more overall mileage. When power backs hit the wall they hit it extremely hard. IMO, 1 more productive year is all the Falcons should be hoping for.

He's not 31...he'll be 30 come July

C'mon Taz. Reading comprehension isn't a strength? Turner is the 31 year old I was referring to. S-Jax is the 29 year old, but like I said, he has even more overall usage than Turner. We shall see, but it does make the Falcons a contender again, at least for next year.

He's not 31...he'll be 30 come July

yeah that's what he said

"they dump a 31 year old for a 29 year old with even more overall mileage"

he has averaged 4.1 YPC or better in every season with the exception of 2010 when he had a 3.8 YPC...he won't have to be the centerpiece for the Falcons offense...I absolutely think it was a great signing by Atlanta...especially when you factor in what he brings to the passing game...and no this isn't a long term fix...it's a 1yr play, 2 max. Edited by keggerz

C'mon Taz. Reading comprehension isn't a strength? Turner is the 31 year old I was referring to. S-Jax is the 29 year old, but like I said, he has even more overall usage than Turner. We shall see, but it does make the Falcons a contender again, at least for next year.

Nope :lol: which is why I could never EVER be a reporter of any sort.

The last decent season by a Falcons-drafted RB was Jamaal Anderson in 2000.

Warrick Dunn and Michael Turner since then. Can't complain about the Falcons FA RB signings in hindsight. Hopefully Jackson joins the list.

The last decent season by a Falcons-drafted RB was Jamaal Anderson in 2000.

Warrick Dunn and Michael Turner since then. Can't complain about the Falcons FA RB signings in hindsight. Hopefully Jackson joins the list.

Loved the Dirty Bird dance

I know he doesn't miss games. He just looks so good before getting dinged up a little and then he's just putting up solid yet unspectacular stats game after game. You watch him rip off an awesome 25 yard run early in a game, then he only gets 7 more carries the rest of the game and ends up with 72-81 yards. You think to yourself he could have had a monster game. He does play hurt, plays well, and the yards are there at the end of the season, but everyone is left kind of scratching their heads trying to remember how he got them, which is partly why he's so underrated. The lack of double digit TD's(only twice) contributes to that as well as possibly the Rams game-planning/offensive ineptitude if late.

I expect him to be effective in Atlanta, with a higher ypc than Turner of last year and easily more receptions. The difference will be whether he gets all the TDs that Turner has gotten over his years in Atlanta. All things point to yes, he will. But even so, at the end of the year I'll be left thinking what a hugh season he could have put up with more touches. I know the right thing is to limit his workload to keep him healthy and effective, but damn, this is fantasy football! I want numbers like his 2006 season!

Edited by Tripleshot

I am just glad to see SJ finally be on a team that deserves and can do something with his talent. There were times in STL that he was the whole offense.

Yep - I wouldn't count on this leading to a SB ring but a great signing. He can keep Ds more honest vs the run easily and Rodgers is good enough to take some carries and not burn him out quickly. Well worth a year or 2 shot by both parties.

The big bruiser back is pretty much obsolete, except perhaps (and ironically) as a "change of pace" guy. NFL Ds are too big AND fast, so you need that guy who can hit the hole quick and be able to make a cut or move, not just plow ahead, and they have to be able to catch.

Jackson also brings some of the best hands in the league outta the backfield and is an excellent pass blocker blitz pickup guy. Great signing. The money he was owed by St Louis has now been used for Jake Long. Hated to see him go.

Edited by peteteacher2001