[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bowes WORTHLESS

robert terni

Smith locks on to Charles so often I feel bad for anyone with any other pieces of that offense.

As a Charles' owner in a ppr league I can assure you this is a beautiful part of my life atm.

Edited by DbWell004

I know its an advise question but it is on point.

I was offered RG3 for Bowe and I need a qb. Any reason not do make this trade.

If you mean the thread is a discussion about Bowe, then yes its on point. However, RG3 and trade advise on your team were never brought up in this thread previously. Cmon now...

The real problem I believe is that Bowe is a good enough WR that you throw him the ball even when he is covered and let him go get it, and Smith is just completely adverse to taking any risk. Bad combination that really works against Bowe.

I'm watching the development of Bray very closely. He's willing to challenge Ds downfield and use his athletes, and I find it hard to believe that Reid won't get tired of the short safe small ball stuff before too long. He is a HC who loves to put the ball in the air and use the whole field.

What's happening now is tolerable because KC is winning (except for Bowr owners), but I think Reid has an itch that Smith can't scratch. This may end up being a poor season for Bowe because KC is winning and any HC is loath to go away from a successful strategy. But Bowe might be a really nice buy low steal in dynasty leagues.

As a fan watching - I'd prefer to see more downfield passing - but Reid went out and got Smith.

Do you really think he's looking to move away from him this soon? he even said that he'd looked to bring him into Philadelphia but San Fran wouldn't talk. Could just be smoke and mirrors to boost his ego --- but I'm thinking that Reid can't be too surprised by the conservative decisions, but thinks that fits the strengths of the team. he went out and got a guy who throws mostly safe, high percentage plays. I'm sure they'll try to get Smith to loosen up a bit - but I think they took him with their eyes open. I agree that his performance leaves you wanting more - he's so risk adverse - but what he's doing isn't all that surprising, right?

To be clear - not disagreeing with you about where Smith's game is lacking - especially to fans - but I'm not sure Reid would really be feeling any sort of impatience at this point. Seeing what Cassel had done - he went out to get a consistent / safe guy. With the defense and running game - that's all they need.

I do think that the chemistry between Bowe and Smith has to improve a bit as well.

But if Bray progresses quickly maybe Smith gets Kaepernicked again.

As a fan watching - I'd prefer to see more downfield passing - but Reid went out and got Smith.

Do you really think he's looking to move away from him this soon? he even said that he'd looked to bring him into Philadelphia but San Fran wouldn't talk. Could just be smoke and mirrors to boost his ego --- but I'm thinking that Reid can't be too surprised by the conservative decisions, but thinks that fits the strengths of the team. he went out and got a guy who throws mostly safe, high percentage plays. I'm sure they'll try to get Smith to loosen up a bit - but I think they took him with their eyes open. I agree that his performance leaves you wanting more - he's so risk adverse - but what he's doing isn't all that surprising, right?

To be clear - not disagreeing with you about where Smith's game is lacking - especially to fans - but I'm not sure Reid would really be feeling any sort of impatience at this point. Seeing what Cassel had done - he went out to get a consistent / safe guy. With the defense and running game - that's all they need.

I do think that the chemistry between Bowe and Smith has to improve a bit as well.

But if Bray progresses quickly maybe Smith gets Kaepernicked again.

Because Reid's MO throughout his coaching career is throwing the ball a ton - even to a fault. The guy loves passing as much as any coach in the league.

You all know that the minute you bench him he'll go off. That's the "Bowe dilemma".

Actually, that is the WR dilemma in general. Bowe just happened to dud out with 1 catch for 4 yards when other "studs" manage to catch 3-4 for 50 on a bad day. Screw it. I almost put in 18th round pick Stephen Hill this Sunday for Bowe, but I can't quite do it. While Alex Smith would love to pass no further than 5 yards past the line of scrimmage; I was taken aback in how last Thursday, Philly refused to play pass defense within 5 yards past the line of scrimmage.

It won't happen again, and if it does, Bowe will be running a lot of those routes Avery was last week. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. 25 PPR points for Bowe this weekend.

The real problem I believe is that Bowe is a good enough WR that you throw him the ball even when he is covered and let him go get it, and Smith is just completely adverse to taking any risk. Bad combination that really works against Bowe.

I'm watching the development of Bray very closely. He's willing to challenge Ds downfield and use his athletes, and I find it hard to believe that Reid won't get tired of the short safe small ball stuff before too long. He is a HC who loves to put the ball in the air and use the whole field.

What's happening now is tolerable because KC is winning (except for Bowr owners), but I think Reid has an itch that Smith can't scratch. This may end up being a poor season for Bowe because KC is winning and any HC is loath to go away from a successful strategy. But Bowe might be a really nice buy low steal in dynasty leagues.

Pretty spot on.

And I agree with you 100% on Bray. This guy could be a serious find for the Chiefs.

Benching Bowe for Hartline this week. Don't think Bowe works his way into the offense until (or if) the Chiefs lose a couple because good defenses stack the box and force Smith to throw. Until that happens he is riding the pine on my team.