[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trent Richardson tonight...

LbNiners

Trent Richardson should be nothing more than Donald Brown's backup from now on. Brown looked really good running the ball last night whereas Richardson......not so much. He looks worse than Ray Rice.

Sure, why not. But I could've gained yardage in chunks against the Titans, just as TRich could. So, they just want to waste picks. Clever.

Brown looked more decisive & quick with his opportunities. Richardson looked tentative & slow...like there was a bunch of nut huggers weighing him down. ;)

Edited by buddahj

own both T Rich and Donald Brown, and left both on the bench last night.....changed name of my team a few weeks ago to T Rich is a Bust, as made him my franchise back after last season.

Like most, when traded to Colts, thought easily a top 5 back rest of season, especially when Bradshaw went down. Few weeks ago, was offered Zac Stacy for him (prior to Stacy starting/exploding), and turned it down...Now T Rich is my albatross, who will never get a start.

Hoping Colts give starting job to Brown, as at least i got him stashed....

Ok, after last nights game I am starting to see the light. Brown just seems to get so much more done on his runs, waiting for or finding holes, making a decisive move and then turning on the jets. TRich can be productive if he gets the ball in space, or manages to get through the hole. But when given the ball on a regular hand off, too many times he is dancing, jumping and making moves that do nothing to gain yards.

Still I think if he got a larger number of carries and was a more focal part of the offense he could develop. Maybe he is a bust, maybe he just needs some better coaching. I don't follow college ball but it seemed people (not just the Browns thought he was something special coming out of Alabama. Maybe the move to the NFL level is tougher for him than people expected.

When this trade happened I think we all had our opinions, and most thought one team or the other was getting a great deal and the other would look dumb. I'm just glad so far it appears the Browns did not make a horrible decision (they can still do that with the draft), and the Colts may have wasted a first round pick on a backup RB to the real starter who was already on their roster.

Ok, after last nights game I am starting to see the light. Brown just seems to get so much more done on his runs, waiting for or finding holes, making a decisive move and then turning on the jets. TRich can be productive if he gets the ball in space, or manages to get through the hole. But when given the ball on a regular hand off, too many times he is dancing, jumping and making moves that do nothing to gain yards.

Yesterday he wasn't even that. He looked flat out awful. If he is to turn it around and be a big deal or stud RB it will not be this season. I doubt that an offseason would do him wonders, but that is his only hope. Donald Brown ran with the starting job, and if not the Colts are even bigger morons.

Yesterday he wasn't even that. He looked flat out awful. If he is to turn it around and be a big deal or stud RB it will not be this season. I doubt that an offseason would do him wonders, but that is his only hope. Donald Brown ran with the starting job, and if not the Colts are even bigger morons.

Don't have time to go look for stats but they threw too him several times and he was able to get decent yardage that way (not the 1-2 or negative yards he gets frequently on a rushing attempt). That was early in the game, before Brown was on the field a lot more.

I will hold on to a very, very weak string of hope here. Brown sucks, always has. T-Rich did catch 5 balls last night. Richardson has shown talent. If I were an owner in a dynasty league, I wouldn't give up hope. Not so much for re-drafts, though.

This

Bingo. TRich looks totally lost - almost as if he doesn't know where the holes are supposed to open up, so he either (i) dances around, waiting or (ii) runs full-bore into the back of his blockers. Brown is waiting for the holes and hitting them with (somewhat of a) burst. It's painful to watch a guy with those physical skills play so poorly.

I will hold on to a very, very weak string of hope here. Brown sucks, always has. T-Rich did catch 5 balls last night. Richardson has shown talent. If I were an owner in a dynasty league, I wouldn't give up hope. Not so much for re-drafts, though.

If Brown sucks, then why hold onto any string at all for a guy who is worse? (Yes, I have Brown in one league and stayed FAR away from TRich in all leagues). WADR, your comment reeks of desperation to me that you "hope" he turns it around, instead of "expect" him to turn it around, or "likely" he turns it around. Hope may be a good thing, but this ain't Shawshank.

Brown is the proverbial "poor man's (insert star name)" at RB. He doesn't do anything great, but he most certainly does not suck either (well, I don't know about his personal life... BA-ZING!). IMO, he would probably grade out around average or just above in his skill set. Average skills in the NFL ain't too shabby either. He'll probably have more games of 90 yards and no scores than he will like last night. Kinda like... in a 16 game season, he might (probably?) be a 1000 yard rusher as "the" guy... in a 14 game season, I doubt he gets anywhere near 1000 yards. Just like last year, the coaches tried to bury him on the depth chart this year, probably darn near cut. Yet, here he is again this year, doing more good than bad for his team. I see guys like him labeled as "serviceable" as opposed to something else more. Doesn't do anything eye-popping, but has something which allows him to do just enough and stick around.

TRich? He's the stereotypical "3 yards and a cloud of dust". If this were baseball, he'd probably be a "AAAA player", as the saying goes...

• Like 1

If Brown sucks, then why hold onto any string at all for a guy who is worse? (Yes, I have Brown in one league and stayed FAR away from TRich in all leagues). WADR, your comment reeks of desperation to me that you "hope" he turns it around, instead of "expect" him to turn it around, or "likely" he turns it around. Hope may be a good thing, but this ain't Shawshank.

Brown is the proverbial "poor man's (insert star name)" at RB. He doesn't do anything great, but he most certainly does not suck either (well, I don't know about his personal life... BA-ZING!). IMO, he would probably grade out around average or just above in his skill set. Average skills in the NFL ain't too shabby either. He'll probably have more games of 90 yards and no scores than he will like last night. Kinda like... in a 16 game season, he might (probably?) be a 1000 yard rusher as "the" guy... in a 14 game season, I doubt he gets anywhere near 1000 yards. Just like last year, the coaches tried to bury him on the depth chart this year, probably darn near cut. Yet, here he is again this year, doing more good than bad for his team. I see guys like him labeled as "serviceable" as opposed to something else more. Doesn't do anything eye-popping, but has something which allows him to do just enough and stick around.

TRich? He's the stereotypical "3 yards and a cloud of dust". If this were baseball, he'd probably be a "AAAA player", as the saying goes...

Brown was a waste of a draft pick by the Colts. He's just not very good. He's making the most of his opportunity, so good for him... but talent-wise, he's lacking.

T-Rich has talent. Physical tools that others (like Brown) simply don't possess and no amount of coaching will ever change that.

My statement regarding dynasty leagues revolves around the fact that you (or someone in your league) spent a high draft pick to get him and with him possessing a high level of physical tools, there should be at least a sliver of hope that good coaching and time catches up to those tools and things start to really jive.

Brown could be a poor man's Forte... Trent sucks.

Pass the dutchie on the left hand side....

:blink:

• Like 1

I honestly don't know how anyone can watch Trent run the ball thinks he is an answer to anything outside of a future trivia question: Who was the biggest bust of the 2012 NFL draft? OR Which player was used in a trade between Indianapolis and Cleveland in 2013 in which Indianapolis was fleeced? I honestly thought it was a HORRIBLE draft pick by Cleveland in 2012. Why would anyone take a RB in the top 10 picks in today's day and age boggles my mind. The vast majority of starting RB's in the league were not even 1st round picks let alone top picks. You can find guys off practice squads or undrafted free agents to do a the job. If there is any one position in the NFL where you can "plug a guy in" it is the RB position. It's a hard concept for some of us to grasp, especially if you are over the age of 35, but the game has changed so much in the last 10-15 years.

Brown was a waste of a draft pick by the Colts. He's just not very good. He's making the most of his opportunity, so good for him... but talent-wise, he's lacking.

T-Rich has talent. Physical tools that others (like Brown) simply don't possess and no amount of coaching will ever change that.

My statement regarding dynasty leagues revolves around the fact that you (or someone in your league) spent a high draft pick to get him and with him possessing a high level of physical tools, there should be at least a sliver of hope that good coaching and time catches up to those tools and things start to really jive.

Your points are completely understood. Maybe he's just one of those cases where a guy "falls off". I know I don't need to point out to you the littered field of careers where guys had all the talent in the world, but for whatever reason, couldn't translate that to the NFL. I just think he's proving to be one of those guys. Nothing more, nothing less.

Of course, I am also the guy, who just this week, finally dropped Anquan Boldin from my teams. :bag: Talk about "holding"... and maybe this has something to do with my position on this too. :lol:

Pass the dutchie on the left hand side....

:blink:

I believe if you showed game film from this season to 100 football fans of Brown and Trent, and people didn't know their names, 100 of them would say Brown is the better player

Edited by HowboutthemCowboys

I believe if you showed game film from this season to 100 football balls of Brown and Trent, and people didn't know their names, 100 of them would say Brown is the better player

This season? Probably.

For the remainder of their careers to date? I think you know the answer.

For the remainder of their careers to date? I think you know the answer.

Honestly, I didn't read the entire thread, but I thought we were discussing who should be getting the touches for Indy right now. IMO, its a no brainer for Brown. The Colts are just trying to validate the 1st rounder they sent to CLE, and it's costing them on the field. And I own Trent..

I believe if you showed game film from this season to 100 football balls of Brown and Trent, and people didn't know their names, 100 of them would say Brown is the better player

That is not even debatable. If Trent Richardson hadn't been the 3rd overall pick and then hadn't been traded for another 1st round pick he would not be on a roster right now. Yes, he is that bad. He wasn't even good in Cleveland last year. The guy had less than 1000 yards on the ground and before you go saying Cleveland's offensive line sucks they do NOT even come close to grading out in the bottom 3rd of the league. Don't like that, how about Indy as a team averages 4.4 ypc, but Trent averages only 3 ypc despite getting most of the carries. No good, how about Cleveland as a team has a 3.7 ypc from a group of guys who are from off the street when Trent couldn't do the same.

ding ding ding!

Honestly, I didn't read the entire thread, but I thought we were discussing who should be getting the touches for Indy right now. IMO, its a no brainer for Brown. The Colts are just trying to validate the 1st rounder they sent to CLE, and it's costing them on the field. And I own Trent..

I was really just talking about his dynasty prospects. Obviously Richardson's value is kaput in redrafts for this year. But I tell you what, I'll be looking at him next year in redrafts as a buy-low, draft late guy that could really take off. :shrug: