[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Brandon Browner faces 8 game suspension

Team Archer

It also gives the Pete Carroll is a cheater fanclub nothing to spout about. Im kind of thinking maybe he should have driven drunk and wrapped his car around a tree so he could be back in 4 weeks.

Yea, but, Marshawn Lynch's alleged DUI is still pending suspension. Just saying.

You'd rather cut Thurmond when he'll be back in week 17? Have you forgotten Maxwell and Lane played last year during Browner's (first) suspension and the sky didn't fall? There's depth in the Seahawks secondary. I don't see them cheating Thomas to the new guys' and disrupting their whole defensive scheme because of one guy.

Heck yeah, I'd rather cut him. He is in the middle of a championship run, and smoking pot was more important than his teammates. F' him. It has to start somewhere, this is getting ridiculous. We stood by him for how many years and paid him when we didn't have to, because we thought at some point we would need him. Well that time is now and where is he? F'n loser.

The sky didn't fall last year partly because Earl cheated over and helped his arse off. Earl told them, play your game against the short stuff, I got your back. And he didn't let them down.

Edited by Seahawks21

11 (I believe) suspensions in his tenure. Might be time to tighten the reins on his players a little :lol:

I think it's 7 drug related suspensions; regardless it's a lot. There may be something to tightening the reigns on stuff like PED use. But I have a hard time believing an NFL coach can do a lot to stop grown men from toking up. Some guys are simply willing to put their careers and future contract status in jeopardy. Losing millions of dollars won't change some player's behavior; organizations and coaches are generally limited to cutting ties.

How is it these NFL players don't receive all the notices the league sends them about drug tests?

Would it be similar to the players that don't renew their driver's license or auto insurance and act all surprised when they're pulled over and nothing is in order. (I cannot remember who this happened to remember several in the last couple of years, one may have been Suh when he crashed his car.)

I'll wait for the rest of the story to come out, if the guy was dumb enough to be smoking pot while playing in the NFL I'm not sure he can be trusted to open his mail and recognize a letter from the NFL.

How is it these NFL players don't receive all the notices the league sends them about drug tests?

A major crux of the hypothetical matter seems to be Browner wasn't employed by the NFL when the NFL mailed him notices to an address he didn't live at to take NFL drug test(s). Take if for what it's worth, but mandates by a company that isn't employing you seems to have some potential legal traction that hasn't been tested to this degree yet.

Edited by Bobby Brown

A major crux of the hypothetical matter seems to be Browner wasn't employed by the NFL when the NFL mailed him notices to an address he didn't live at to take NFL drug test(s). Take if for what it's worth, but mandates by a company that isn't employing you seems to have some potential legal traction that hasn't been tested to this degree yet.

Good point, I guess we'll see how it works out. I'm just pessimistic when professional athletes or their reps make these statements based on many past stories showing that many of them just ignore rules or claim to have people handling their affairs.

And if his argument/defense is "I didn't have to take the tests" that is different from "I didn't receive the notices". As usual, the lawyers are the only real winners :)

Not sure who read the article and who's just continuing with their opinions, but there are significant mitigating circumstances here:

He was released in July 2006

Later in 2006 and 2007 the NFL "required" him to take drug tests. He didn't, obviously, and the NFL escalated him to Stage 3.

He re-signed in 2011.

He has since passed over 200 screens in the 2+ years

Had they not (wrongly?) escalated him to Stage 3, then those 2 years of clean tests would have wiped his record clean.

Therefore this test would (should?) be considered a first-time offense.

The ultra-conservatives out there might pshaw this, but if they guy's been clean for 2+ years, I say cut him a break. He didn't assault someone, he didn't kill anyone, he didn't put any children in harm's way. He (maybe) smoked a doob. It might even be second-hand, but even if not, this is overkill for a guy that's tested clean for 2+ years.

The wrong address excuse is BS, but the fact he wasn't in the league during the missed tests isn't. And the fact those tests escalated him in their programs is fruit of the poison tree. I think he gets off very lightly, and he should.

Not sure who read the article and who's just continuing with their opinions, but there are significant mitigating circumstances here:

He was released in July 2006

Later in 2006 and 2007 the NFL "required" him to take drug tests. He didn't, obviously, and the NFL escalated him to Stage 3.

He re-signed in 2011.

He has since passed over 200 screens in the 2+ years

Had they not (wrongly?) escalated him to Stage 3, then those 2 years of clean tests would have wiped his record clean.

Therefore this test would (should?) be considered a first-time offense.

The ultra-conservatives out there might pshaw this, but if they guy's been clean for 2+ years, I say cut him a break. He didn't assault someone, he didn't kill anyone, he didn't put any children in harm's way. He (maybe) smoked a doob. It might even be second-hand, but even if not, this is overkill for a guy that's tested clean for 2+ years.

The wrong address excuse is BS, but the fact he wasn't in the league during the missed tests isn't. And the fact those tests escalated him in their programs is fruit of the poison tree. I think he gets off very lightly, and he should.

Well if he received the notices and is lying about it that is not going to help his case.

Second hand smoke, yeah right. Like "its not mine I'm just holding it for a friend."

I'm far from an unltra conservative, but he had to know he was in stage 3 of the plan and smoking up would be a major issue and long suspension. Why didn't he spend time in 2011-2013 getting his record and standing in the program cleared up with the NFL?

Why didn't he spend time in 2011-2013 getting his record and standing in the program cleared up with the NFL?

My current employs drugscreens. I I left their employment and they later sent me a requirement to go get tested, I wouldn't go. Would you? I probably wouldn't even call them to ask about it - why would I? I'd assume, as would many normal people, that I'm not in "their program" any more and it's an oversight that they sent it to me. Until now I would never have thought that someone could truck something up this badly and have the person end up a victim.

My current employs drugscreens. I I left their employment and they later sent me a requirement to go get tested, I wouldn't go. Would you? I probably wouldn't even call them to ask about it - why would I? I'd assume, as would many normal people, that I'm not in "their program" any more and it's an oversight that they sent it to me. Until now I would never have thought that someone could truck something up this badly and have the person end up a victim.

What if you thought you were going to go work for them again? That is the case with Sherman and the NFL, he would like to return and play in the league, so he's still subject to their rules. Or more accurately, once he returned to the league is ignoring their requests is a problem.

I don't know all the ins and outs of the CBA, player contracts, and that stuff. I'm sure the lawyers will work it all out.

"Browner was tested roughly 200 times while back in the league, but did not have a positive result until very recently, when he had a small amount of Josh Gordon in his system, according to a source. However, had he not been escalated to Stage 3 for his missed tests when out of the NFL -- if he was in Stage 2, for instance -- two years of clean tests would have be enough to get him out of the program entirely."

Done deal. No way the NFL will win this in court and no way this will be wrapped up before next season.