[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Playoff picture

BeeR

As much as the Fish and the Jets hate each other, I am hoping, as a Charger fan, that the Jets look at this game as their "playoff" game. What better way to end the season that to deny a division rival a spot in the show? Ryan makes a case for one more season as HC if he can pull that off, his players like him and should play hard for him in what could be his last game.

Bengals could still get a week off with a win and a Patsy loss. They are playing for something and need to beat the Ravens. That is a playoff type game in itself and both will want to win it.

Dolphin loss and Raven loss, with the Chargers playing a Chief team with nothing to win?

Like I said. Charger fan = wishful thinking!

Unless New Orleans somehow loses to Tampa. Then the Cardinals are in a "win and they're in" situation. The AFC looks really weak this year.

12-3

11-4

11-4

10-5

10-5

Not sure how that's weak. That's one more win than the top 5 in the NFC while every division leader has minimum 10 wins. Only two in the NFC do, while 9 wins might win the East and 8 might win the North in the NFC. And only one team really "looks the part" to me in the NFC, while the AFC has 2 legit contenders and perhaps a 3rd in KCC.

• Like 1

I think it will be a very exciting playoffs for sure. The NFC is full of solid teams - Seattle, Carolina, and SF definitely are looking good and New Orleans has a shot as well (but maybe less now that they probably won't get HFA). I could also see Philly making it interesting, but I doubt they'll go all the way.

As for the AFC, I could see Denver just coasting into the SB, but I can also see Manning having an "average" game and his teammates not being able to compensate. At that point, I think the rest of the teams except maybe the 6 seed have a relatively equal shot. One sleeper IMO is Indy, they have beaten several quality teams this season including Denver and Seattle (albeit at home). KC could be a contender IF their offense and defense can get it together in the same game. That doesn't seem to have happened yet, though, so my hopes aren't high.

Give me some of what you have been drinking :woot:

Why is that so far fetched? Is the AFC loaded with great teams that cannot be beat?

Going into the last 3 games I was saying if they play @DET, NE @CIN and make the playoffs that is some strong oppnents down the stretch. Unlike some other teams that are playing cream puffs in som of their last few games. Didn't see the NE game, so don't know how that went other than it was a blowout.

As far as what I'm drinking, nothing right now I'm at work. Lots of beer over the last 5 days, including Great Lakes Christmas Ale (close to 7% alcohol) and a little whiskey/bourbon. But never got drunk.

Why is that so far fetched? Is the AFC loaded with great teams that cannot be beat?

Going into the last 3 games I was saying if they play @DET, NE @CIN and make the playoffs that is some strong oppnents down the stretch. Unlike some other teams that are playing cream puffs in som of their last few games. Didn't see the NE game, so don't know how that went other than it was a blowout.

As far as what I'm drinking, nothing right now I'm at work. Lots of beer over the last 5 days, including Great Lakes Christmas Ale (close to 7% alcohol) and a little whiskey/bourbon. But never got drunk.

# 1 their QB play is weak

# 2 they have no running game

# 3 they will have no home games

# 4 Drinking at work is how I get thru the day B)

As much as the Fish and the Jets hate each other, I am hoping, as a Charger fan, that the Jets look at this game as their "playoff" game. What better way to end the season that to deny a division rival a spot in the show? Ryan makes a case for one more season as HC if he can pull that off, his players like him and should play hard for him in what could be his last game.

Bengals could still get a week off with a win and a Patsy loss. They are playing for something and need to beat the Ravens. That is a playoff type game in itself and both will want to win it.

Dolphin loss and Raven loss, with the Chargers playing a Chief team with nothing to win?

Like I said. Charger fan = wishful thinking!

I think the scenario will play out in the Chargers favor. I have both the Dolphins and Ravens losing and the Chargers spanking the Chiefs exhibition game lineup.

I think the scenario will play out in the Chargers favor. I have both the Dolphins and Ravens losing and the Chargers spanking the Chiefs exhibition game lineup.

Sorry , Miami rolls right into the playoffs and may win a game once they are there

Hey nobody gave them much of a shot last year. And who predicted NY to go much of anywhere in their 2 title years? So on and so on. Anything's possible once the playoffs begin.

yes anything can happen but as I stated above

# 1 their QB play is weak

# 2 they have no running game

# 3 they will have no home games

Tough to parley those into running the table

In the AFC:

I don't really see the 6th seed making any noise, but who the heck knows. I think the teams playing the best football right now are the Broncos and the Bengals. NE has done a fine job getting to a possible #2 seed, but they have seemed more vulnerable at home the past couple years. I could see a number of teams going into their house and beating them, but then again I'm not writing off Belichick and Brady from making it through to DEN, The way DEN has played all year I don't see anyone stopping them, but then you have the "cold" jinx on Manning that will be hyped as we move forward if that comes into play. It sure seems like this is Manning's time to add another ring. I don't see the Colts going anywhere, but they have some quality wins.

My Chiefs:

The Chiefs should be at full strength going into the playoffs and they have won all year long by some phase of their team shining. In the beginning of the year it was DEF, ST and not turning the ball over. In the second half they played two hot/good teams in DEN and SD. Really they have done it all except beat a good QB, they lost to Manning, Rivers and Luck. All the other teams were in dissaray or rotating through QB's. They did beat Romo, but everyone seems how well run that franchise has been this year. The Cowboys looked like the better team for most of the game from what I remember. The Chiefs really are capable of beating any team in the AFC, but have struggled to put a complete game together in all phases. I honestly believe they can beat anyone, but doing it on the road against the best teams seems highly unlikely. They have come a long way from last year, but their Oline and WR corp will do them in.

In the NFC: SEA at home is nearly unbeatable. Besides Denever I can't think of another team that has lived up to expectations as well as they have. I don't see them losing, but CAR or SF are the only teams I see that would have a shot at doing it.

That puts me thinking DEN and SEA moves on to NJ. I don't like either of those teams, but the more complete team would give a slight edge to SEA. I'm excited to see what happens.

SD looks like a free win today but they really earned this by winning at KC and at Denver there was no way I thought they could win either of those games.

SD opened the year losing to a Houston team that lost their last 14 games in a row then they had a big win at Philly which I thought they could not win. Later they lost to Oakland, beat a good Indy team then lost at Washington a team that won only 2 other games. Lost at Miami.

So SD beat Denver and KC but lost to Houston and Washington go figure. Houston and Washington got 2 of their combined 5 wins all year vs SD.