[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL Free Agency 2014

BeeR

Signing Jones was a big move, because while he's not a true #1, Denarius Moore and Rod Streeter certainly aren't either. So Jones coming in slides everyone down a peg and makes their corp much better. Instead of Streeter 1 and Moore 2, you have Jones 1, Streeter 2, Moore 3, and Holmes 4. If they get one more solid WR in the draft and move everyone down again, now you have to say Streeter is a strong WR3 and Moore is a very strong WR4. The position might not be a strength at the top, but Streeter and Moore going against opponents' CB3 and 4 are going to make plays. Schaub also loves TE's (might they sign Daniels? Would be a good move) and we can see how real Rivera is now.

The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reports free agent Jermichael Finley (neck surgery) is "at least two months" and "maybe several months more" from signing a deal with an NFL team.

Sources tell reporter Bob McGinn that Finley's early-free agency visit to Seattle ended in the Seahawks telling Finley to "stay in touch," with hopes that the passage of time would "presumably mean additional healing" for his bruised spinal cord.

Finley underwent spinal fusion surgery on November 14. His market has been silent since the Seattle visit.

It's more interesting than noteworthy that Finley would collect a $10 million tax-free insurance policy were he to never play football again. Finley turns 27 years old next week.

Signing Jones was a big move, because while he's not a true #1, Denarius Moore and Rod Streeter certainly aren't either. So Jones coming in slides everyone down a peg and makes their corp much better. Instead of Streeter 1 and Moore 2, you have Jones 1, Streeter 2, Moore 3, and Holmes 4. If they get one more solid WR in the draft and move everyone down again, now you have to say Streeter is a strong WR3 and Moore is a very strong WR4. The position might not be a strength at the top, but Streeter and Moore going against opponents' CB3 and 4 are going to make plays. Schaub also loves TE's (might they sign Daniels? Would be a good move) and we can see how real Rivera is now.

I agree with you that they improved their receiving corps, but adding one guy who is better than the other guys does not magically make the other guys better at being a WR. The bottom line is no matter which way you slice it every receiver is being asked to fill at least one spot higher than he is capable of handling. Jones is a terrific #3 WR, and an average #2 WR IMO.

Sanchez out . . . Vick in . . . for the Jets

Good move for the jets.

• Like 1

Let him come crawling back. He's nothing special.

He helped keep P.Manning off his back. One of the best RB's in pass protection. He will be sorely missed and a big mistake letting him go. 1,000+ yard rusher in a committee with 60 receptions and 13 total TD's? Yeah...good luck filling that in.

• Like 2

He helped keep P.Manning off his back. One of the best RB's in pass protection. He will be sorely missed and a big mistake letting him go. 1,000+ yard rusher in a committee with 60 receptions and 13 total TD's? Yeah...good luck filling that in.

Agreed. Moreno did a very nice job last year and is more valuable and versatile, in my eyes, than Ball is and probably ever will be.

• Like 1

I'm not spending good money on a guy who has had one good year and multiple bad ones. If he comes back, great. It needs to be on a team friendly deal though. I think you guys are selling Ball short too.

Agree. You can't count on Moreno and Ball's just getting started.

How is it that you can't count on Moreno?

• Like 1

How is it that you can't count on Moreno?

Don't you think if he was as good as you and Taz think an NFL team would have signed him by now? Or more then one team would have scheduled a visit? He's just average.

Edited by MorningMud

Don't you think if he was as good as you and Taz think an NFL team would have signed him by now? Or more then one team would have scheduled a visit? He's just average.

No, I think that because the league is the way that it is now, and the fact that the NFL is flooded with solid RBs and that teams are willing to draft rookies and wait to do so, devalues the position overall. Moreno is valuable but he plays a position that is overly saturated with talent, so teams will wait.

Edited by irish
  • Like 1

Overly saturated?? There was exactly one RB with serious potential on the FA market (Tate). One. One aint no saturation, and you can't tell me all the other teams are in love with their RB situation.

Face it, you can count on Moreno like you can count on Virginia weather.

No, I think that because the league is the way that it is now, and the fact that the NFL is flooded with solid RBs and that teams are willing to draft rookies and wait to do so, devalues the position overall. Moreno is valuable but he plays a position that is overly saturated with talent, so teams will wait.

I agree with this, but I'm shocked that you think so highly of Moreno. He was lucky to stay healthy this year out of all the other years. Ball improved greatly in pass protection as the season wore on. Ball has great potential and should end up being a much more reliable back than Moreno. Be patient.

I agree with this, but I'm shocked that you think so highly of Moreno. He was lucky to stay healthy this year out of all the other years. Ball improved greatly in pass protection as the season wore on. Ball has great potential and should end up being a much more reliable back than Moreno. Be patient.

But Denver doesn't have time to be patient. I am not saying they should sign Moreno to a big contract or anything like that, but that they more or less have already decided not to resign him no matter what is a strange to me. He might end up being a bargain.

So, Moreno Part II? I heard the same argument for KnowMo .... I made the same argument for Stew till my face turned blue..look how that turned out lol.

So, Moreno Part II? I heard the same argument for KnowMo .... I made the same argument for Stew till my face turned blue..look how that turned out lol.

Neither back is remotely in the same boat as Ball. I agree that if Moreno can be had for a bargain then they should sign him back. Makes a ton of sense. But to compare Ball to an heavily injured Moreno and Stewart just doesn't make any sense. Ball will have a nice year this next year. He will be much improved over last year.