[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL Free Agency 2014

BeeR

CAR has no wideouts. None. Their starters right now are Tavarres King and Marvin McNutt I think.How can this not hurt Cam Newton? He was never huge on throwing to WR anyway but now is missing this top four WR from last year. Steve Smith, Brandon LaFell, Ted Ginn Jr. and Domenik Hixon are all gone. That means the remaining wideouts on the team accounted for five targets and ZERO catches in 2013.

Agreed DMD; I can see why they let Smith go, but I'm amazed they didn't sign at least 1 of the others. I wonder what direction they'll go in the draft? :)

Am I the only one who is a little bit surprised of the lack of news surrounding James Jones? If I were the Patriots or the Broncos I would prefer Jones to both Lafell and Sanders and I would still like him in New England as he would provide a red zone target when Gronk gets injured again.

I wonder what his contract demands are.

Am I the only one who is a little bit surprised of the lack of news surrounding James Jones? If I were the Patriots or the Broncos I would prefer Jones to both Lafell and Sanders and I would still like him in New England as he would provide a red zone target when Gronk gets injured again.

I wonder what his contract demands are.

+1

Not a fan of Sanders.

James Jones just told ESPN reporter Josina Anderson that he wants to play for the Panthers. I doubt they have the cap space to sign him, however.

Of course he does and he may sign for less. Great defense, solid QB, solid running game, solid TE, and he'd be the #1 WR. they'd draft o-line help in round 1 and wrs afterward.

James Jones just told ESPN reporter Josina Anderson that he wants to play for the Panthers. I doubt they have the cap space to sign him, however.

Yeah wow I didn't realize how tight they are, with just over $3M available. Those dumbass RB contracts are killing them, and $29M on DE's isn't helping either.

Good lord, they have $28M in dead money on those terrible RB's, someone should be shot for that.

• Like 3

Yeah wow I didn't realize how tight they are, with just over $3M available. Those dumbass RB contracts are killing them, and $29M on DE's isn't helping either.

Good lord, they have $28M in dead money on those terrible RB's, someone should be shot for that.

I know many a FF manager who would pull the trigger

Im gl;ad the Cowboys didnt throw money at peppers. I like him a lot but this isnt a win now team and he is old. Whats the story with Tyrone Crawford ? Is he healed up for the start of the upcoming season ? Maybe he can fill the DE void ?

Maybe they can reduce Greg Hardy's cap number through negotiating his contract and fit him in. He can produce and score.

Per Adam Schefter, James Jones signs with the Raiders.

Yuck stain!

James Jones signs with the Raiders for the same amount of money as Brandon LaFell. Somebody in the Patriots organization is hopefully way smarter than I am in this matter.

From Rotoworld

Browns signed WR Andrew Hawkins, formerly of the Bengals, to a four-year, $13.6 million contract.

The Bengals had until midnight to match the Browns' offer sheet but informed Hawkins they weren't going to do so. Four years and $13.6 million with a $5.8 million first-year cap number is a hefty price to pay for a 5-foot-7, 180-pound jitterbug slot receiver, but the Browns badly needed a talent infusion on offense.

Browns have a ton of cap space this year, so a large number there isn't going to hurt too much. They tried to sign him after he came back into the NFL after playing in Canada. Somebody in the front office thinks he is capable.

BTW Wes Welker is only 5-9 and 190, not exactly a giant compared to Hawkins and he's done quite well.

Credit where due, CLE has done well with their FA moves IMO. Hopefully Colts steal Mack away from them (why no action on this guy?) but if not, and if they can draft a QB who doesn't fizzle, the laughingstock could suddenly become a valid team. QB seems the obvious move initially, but I can see nabbing someone else (Watkins or Clowney if he falls) and going for someone like Carr in the 2d.