[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL Free Agency 2014

BeeR

1 yr deal

Whew. Given that, and the modest $3.5M, works for me. Not holding my breath here, but we have little to lose and a definite upgrade at a time we need it. Still I hope they add a promising younger guy in the next year or 2.

Brandon Browner to the Pats. This deserves more notice than it's getting. Browner and Revis in the secondary make that defense much better!

Agreed. fn Pats.

PS on Nicks, he just couldn't wait to make arse of himself: "I don’t think there’s anything for me to prove,” he said. "My play speaks for itself."

You mean like last year where you didn't nab a single TD and disappeared in the red zone in general? Excuse you?

Brandon Browner to the Pats. This deserves more notice than it's getting. Browner and Revis in the secondary make that defense much better!

Edelman back to pats

Happy happy smiley dancing with joy

Agreed. fn Pats.

PS on Nicks, he just couldn't wait to make arse of himself: "I don’t think there’s anything for me to prove,” he said. "My play speaks for itself."

You mean like last year where you didn't nab a single TD and disappeared in the red zone in general? Excuse you?

He's right, his play (when healthy) does speak for itself. If he's able to get and stay healthy then the Colts have a top 10 WR that can truly do it all. Health is key!
  • Like 1

He's right, his play (when healthy) does speak for itself. If he's able to get and stay healthy then the Colts have a top 10 WR that can truly do it all. Health is key!

So true but hasn't happened yet and probably won't.

He's right, his play (when healthy) does speak for itself. If he's able to get and stay healthy then the Colts have a top 10 WR that can truly do it all.

...except score TDs, apparently. "My play speaks for itself" implies good things, but I wouldn't call disappearing in the red zone good. The word is he purposely "dogged it" last year because he knew he was a FA and wanted to stay healthy. Well, he's a FA next year too, so would anyone be surprised if he did the same? Again I'm fine w/this given it's 1 yr and for modest coin, I'm just very leery given last year.

...except score TDs, apparently. "My play speaks for itself" implies good things, but I wouldn't call disappearing in the red zone good. The word is he purposely "dogged it" last year because he knew he was a FA and wanted to stay healthy. Well, he's a FA next year too, so would anyone be surprised if he did the same? Again I'm fine w/this given it's 1 yr and for modest coin, I'm just very leery given last year.

When aren't you leery?

Well, for a couple reasons. One, he's suspended the first four games. Two, he's hurt a lot. If healthy and not toking Josh Gordon/popping adderall, he's a darn good cornerback. That's a big "if", however.

Edited by Tripleshot

Agreed - this looks like the best NE secondary I can ever remember.

CAR has no wideouts. None. Their starters right now are Tavarres King and Marvin McNutt I think.How can this not hurt Cam Newton? He was never huge on throwing to WR anyway but now is missing this top four WR from last year. Steve Smith, Brandon LaFell, Ted Ginn Jr. and Domenik Hixon are all gone. That means the remaining wideouts on the team accounted for five targets and ZERO catches in 2013.

• Like 2

CAR has no wideouts. None. Their starters right now are Tavarres King and Marvin McNutt I think.How can this not hurt Cam Newton? He was never huge on throwing to WR anyway but now is missing this top four WR from last year. Steve Smith, Brandon LaFell, Ted Ginn Jr. and Domenik Hixon are all gone. That means the remaining wideouts on the team accounted for five targets and ZERO catches in 2013.

That's insane! I don't think there's ever been turnover at the WR position on any team like this...EVER.