[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ha! Naysayers!

ShuckCreations

Who else enjoyed waiting 'til the 2nd round to grab Lynch?

Statistically RBs peek at age 28. Knowing this and how consistent Lynch has been I opted to hold out on 1st round RBs and take Jimmy Graham because I was confident that I could grab Lynch in the 2nd.

Thanks Naysayers. I'm going to enjoy my fantasy season. :tup:

Who else enjoyed waiting 'til the 2nd round to grab Lynch?

Statistically RBs peek at age 28. Knowing this and how consistent Lynch has been I opted to hold out on 1st round RBs and take Jimmy Graham because I was confident that I could grab Lynch in the 2nd.

Thanks Naysayers. I'm going to enjoy my fantasy season. :tup:

Congratulations on winning your league championship.

• Like 5

Sure he looked good last night, but the Packers are badly hurting for big fat run stoppers. Raji's injury is bigger than most people think. All I know is if I have a RB that's facing the Packers this season, regardless if they're my RB3 or RB4, I'm playing them..

I stubbornly ignored Lynch and he looks really good. More impressive was the O-line giving him 6.3YpC inside the tackles.

Equally impressive is was R.Turbin...who is a legit handcuff.

Yeah at times I had a hard time telling when Turbin was in (22 vs 24 jersey) because he looked nearly as impressive as Lynch.

I stubbornly ignored Lynch and he looks really good. More impressive was the O-line giving him 6.3YpC inside the tackles.

Equally impressive is was R.Turbin...who is a legit handcuff.

Lynch goes down, Turbin at best will be in a committe with Michael (unless he's hurt too). Again....vaunted defenses of the NFC Norse.

Must have missed the thread where this guy was touting how awesome Lynch was going to be before the season. Love all these insane posts/threads after one friggin game.

Like somebody else said it isn't the age of Lynch but the mileage. In addition to the large # of carries the last 2 years he didn't exactly ride the pine during his time in Buffalo. I posted some of the numbers before but he has had a lot of attempts in his career, 1700+ in 7 years is a lot. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/L/LyncMa00.htm

• Like 2

Sorry, didn't know I had to post my prediction on the huddle beforehand for it to be legit. I have, however, been talking about it with friends for a few months. I fully believe this will be Lynch's best year and will then fall off afterwards.

You don't have to post anything, including a thread patting yourself on the back for having one good game out of one player in the first week of the season. Who are these naysayers you are referring to?

If you cannot take a little razzing (and I'm tame compared to some of the vets and former members) you'll have a tough or short lifetime here.

I thought Lynch looked quicker and more spry than he ever has last night. Did he come into this season lighter? I'll have to research that some. Regardless, he was quick and was cutting on a dime, almost like Shady's cutbacks. If he's lighter, I'm a little concerned that maybe he'll wear down a little more as the season goes on. And true, he was playing a Packers run defense without BJ Raji, but the Seattle O-line looked really, really good. Both Carpenter(who finally came into camp in great shape) and Sweezey were mauling people, and I think that's happening regardless of who the other team is this year. So we shall see if he holds up over the course of the season. He's been as durable/productive as any RB since he came to Seattle, so I'm not expecting him to break down, but I'd rather take it a week at a time.

I own Lynch nowhere (other than several MFL10'S), but I would have taken him in the 2nd given the chance. First round this year was going to be McCoy, Charles, Forte, or an elite WR.

Hell, back in late July I got Lynch in the 3rd in an MFL10 or two.

I was targeting Lynch in my drafts this year but I had the 6th and 9th pick in my two PPR leagues and took Calvin and Demaryius hoping he'd fall to me in the second(he didn't). I had the 4th pick in a standard scoring league and debated taking him, but had to take Forte there.

Edited by Tripleshot
  • Like 1