[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tony Romo and the Cowboys play callers

Cowboyz1

Garrett: "Murray's running well. 5 YPC"

Linehan: "Yeah, so let's pass it while we're on the 3 yard line. Let's show them how smart we are."

Romo: "Now where did I leave that bottle of Vicodin for my back? Need all the help I can get since the coaches want to pile the team on my back to carry."

Even after Murray fumbled, they fed him the ball... until they got near the goal line. I only recall one carry for loss.

And Romo's statline was "saved" by the long jump-ball-completion at the end by Harris. First, I put it on the coaches. Then, on Romo. Truly offensive on offense.

Their D seemed to be OK, considering... (at least IMHO). Seriously, take away the Def TD, and the short 2-yard TD drive after another turnover, and SF really didn't do that much on O (they didn't even score in the second half).

I completely agree with your assessment. That said, the NFL play callers as a whole have lost their mind, including Manning, who checked out of the run twice at the 3 yard-line to throw 3 straight passes and settle for a field goal. How, on earth a goal-to-goal from the 1-3 yard line and 3rd and 2 between the 20s has automatically become a pass these days is beyond me. You can fall forward 3 times for 2 yards :-)

• Like 1

31 other teams run the ball on 1st a goal but us. I just don't get it. I really don't. Drives me crazy. I really can't understand why you won't run the football with 1 yard to go for a first down and two yards to go for a touchdown. Seems just to ridiculously simple to me. Makes me want to scream my lungs out. I don't know if I can take another year of this. I really don't.

31 other teams run the ball on 1st a goal but us. I just don't get it. I really don't. Drives me crazy. I really can't understand why you won't run the football with 1 yard to go for a first down and two yards to go for a touchdown. Seems just to ridiculously simple to me. Makes me want to scream my lungs out. I don't know if I can take another year of this. I really don't.

Especially yesterday when Murray was ripping off 6 yards a pop easily

I will say that the Colts consistently did this as well last night. 3rd and 1, 1st and goal from the 3 or 4 and not a single run play. This "disease" is getting more and more common with teams that fail to live up to their potential.

Proving once and for all they are clowns. I hereby denounce any defense of romo. These last two picks are proof positive that I have been dead wrong in defending him. But the last one was pure indefensible bone headedness. On 1st and goal with Murray averaging over 5 yards a carry AND with 3 first round picks on the offensive line they call a play action pass. Then romo with all the time the world does the unthinkable. Rather then do what any rookie QB, college freshman or first year pee wee QB would do and throw the ball away and live for second down. No he lobs the ball into a sea of linebackers. Worse yet that is the second time they were goal to go and passed. I therefore conclude that there is a uncureable bout of retardedness amoung the coaching staff and players. I now can accept that until that is cured I will just watch in calm amazement until such time we have a new QB and coaching staff. As I write this Romo has just tossed number three as if he is goin for a record. Wow

That was one of the worst in his enormous resume of picks. Just putrid decision making

I just want to point out that it is irrelevant who is under center for the Boys as long as JJ remains in charge. Put any hall of fame QB you want under center in Dallas and the team would still fail because of the lack of leadership and discipline at all levels.

I would argue differently. There have been some very competent rosters over the past decade that have had basically zero chance to succeed because of a looooooong list of plays where the QB placed his hands firmly around his throat and squeezed.

I would argue differently. There have been some very competent rosters over the past decade that have had basically zero chance to succeed because of a looooooong list of plays where the QB placed his hands firmly around his throat and squeezed.

Sorry I have to disagree. The level of talent on the field is irrelevant because the organization lacks leadership and discipline. Although as long as JJ is the GM I suspect the level of talent on the field will never be that great anyway.

Sorry I have to disagree. The level of talent on the field is irrelevant because the organization lacks leadership and discipline. Although as long as JJ is the GM I suspect the level of talent on the field will never be that great anyway.

Like I've said here before, it was only a couple of years ago. I think if you took the cumulative talent from about 2007-2012, the Cowboys had the most talented roster in the entire NFL. Cowboys fans will argue that they had flaws, but every team does. Jerry put PLENTY of talent on the field. He just made the wrong decision at QB. You guys were a handful of boneheaded INT's and fumbles away from the promised land for a long time.

Like I've said here before, it was only a couple of years ago. I think if you took the cumulative talent from about 2007-2012, the Cowboys had the most talented roster in the entire NFL. Cowboys fans will argue that they had flaws, but every team does. Jerry put PLENTY of talent on the field. He just made the wrong decision at QB. You guys were a handful of boneheaded INT's and fumbles away from the promised land for a long time.

I straight up disagree with you ... the talent is irrelevant if there is nobody to lead. Having a bunch of talented guys on the field all looking out for themselves doesn't make a winning team. And in year's past the team has been very successful in scoring points but sucked at winning games ... not because of Romo, but because they couldn't hold a trucking lead or finish a damn game. That is lack of leadership.

As much as I hate the Cowboys, I do really feel for their fans. No fanbase deserves jerry as owner and GM. Sadly, this team will continue its downward spiral as Jerry will blame everyone but himself. I am also sure he is ranting and raving at his personnel over the decison NOT to draft Johnny Football.

The NFL is better when certain teams are strong. The teams that have long reaching fanbases. When teams like the Cowboys and Raiders are strong, it makes the league better. Sadly, it does not look like either of those team will be good for a while.

As bad as the Giants look now, the difference between them and the Cowboys is the front office. We don;t have Jerry and they do.

Agree. It's particularly confusing considering that they have one of the better running backs in the league and a respectable OL.