[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Teams destined to disappoint

Only In America

Colts  I agree they did nothing to upgrade.  I really like Dungy, but he could never get to the big game when in Tampa.  Besides, Irsay still sucks.

343187[/snapback]

Even if the Colts did make it to the Super Bowl, it would be like Bucs vs Raiders all over again.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't see Denver beating the Chiefs or winning that division. The Chiefs have such good depth on offense I think they can do it with out Holmes . I also think Sapp is way over rated and the Raiders will be lucky to win 8 games.

342999[/snapback]

I don't think Denver will win the division either....but who said KC was such a prize?....their WR corps is one of the worst...their a carbon copy of the chargers with a great kick/punt returner....great line....good QB...but any QB can make plays behind a great line....ESPECIALLY like the one Green has....

but their defense is so bad...the hurdle is too much to jump over...

the Raiders will win that division...even though I hate the Raiders...and I'm a Vermiel fan....but it's just how I see things breaking down....the Raiders D is the best in that division...the OL isn't bad at all....one of those backs should do something....maybe lol...and Gannon seems to be recovered from that SB loss.....to me...it affected him mentally more than anything....

Packers... sorry, that's not just a rivalry thing.  They have played at a very high level for a long time, and I think they are going to have some trouble.  Favre is awesome, but that thumb is going to haunt him.

343157[/snapback]

Favre's thumb didn't "haunt" him last year when he threw 32 TDs. It's healed now. What makes you think it's going to be a problem this year? With Ahman Green and the best offensive line in the NFL, the Packers should be able to coast to the division title.

The Vikings are getting a lot of play in the media because of their supposedly revamped defense. I'll believe it when I see it. I predict more of the same for the Vikes. Fast start. Then a monumental collapse. How redundant.

Eagles I don't think they're as good as last year.  Teams can double up on Owens and wait for West-broke the get broke.  Buckhalter is only so good.

Denver Plummer?  Lellie?  No Sharpe?  No Portis?  No playoffs.

Colts  I agree they did nothing to upgrade.  I really like Dungy, but he could never get to the big game when in Tampa.  Besides, Irsay still sucks.

343187[/snapback]

lol...quote the raven...never more :D

Favre's thumb didn't "haunt" him last year when he threw 32 TDs. It's healed now. What makes you think it's going to be a problem this year? With Ahman Green and the best offensive line in the NFL, the Packers should be able to coast to the division title.

The Vikings are getting a lot of play in the media because of their supposedly revamped defense. I'll believe it when I see it. I predict more of the same for the Vikes. Fast start. Then a monumental collapse. How redundant.

343197[/snapback]

packers OL isn't even touching the Eagles...and the Eagles aren't even touching the Chiefs OL...

I mean...sh!t...the Chiefs probably have the Eagles best OL from last year....but we still aren't missing a beat....it's all about personnel...

and I'm thinking the Packers and Panthers will dissapoint....Packers nearly missed the playoffs last year and the year before.....but they rallied late....they remind me of the Giants....except Green has tamed his fumbling problem....(I think) lol...and not the Giants of this year or last year....before they fell off....

Favre's thumb, from what I hear is unable to bend in certain positions...but I wouldn't quote me on that...I'm currently looking further into this...

and the Panthers...honestly....if they lose the week before the Eagles game....the season is done....because that is the only game I consider a lock on the Eagles schedule, coming off a bye....

NFC south will look like this...and the 1st 2 teams can swap either way....

1. Saints

2. Falcons

3. Panthers

4. Buc's

1. Packers - A team whose future HOF QB threw an incredibly stupid interception late in a playoff game and whose defense then couldn't defend 4th and 26 to seal it isn't going anywhere.

2. Rams - No cake schedule this year, Turley may be forced into early retirement, Faulk and Bruce are both a year older, Pace is holding out, Bulger can't win the big games, Martz is a terrible coach, etc.

3. Pats - These guys have no holes and there's no reason that they can't win it all again... but teams rarely win two in a row. I don't see it happening this year.

4. Colts - They may even make it to the SB this year, but their (lack of) defense will let them down at some point. I hope I'm wrong, but that's the way I see it.

I just think the Raiders will be better...and the Broncos will be better than KC....

I picked them to win the SB last year...waaay back before 2002...but they gave it their best shot and the defense justn isn't good enough to survive this year...

with washington and sapp on the DL...Raiders will be much better, and the secondary will benefit....

this should result in at least 2 more losses

342992[/snapback]

:D 2 losses from the 40 and over club :D

I don't think Denver will win the division either....but who said KC was such a prize?....their WR corps is one of the worst...their a carbon copy of the chargers with a great kick/punt returner....great line....good QB...but any QB can make plays behind a great line....ESPECIALLY like the one Green has....

but their defense is so bad...the hurdle is too much to jump over...

the Raiders will win that division...even though I hate the Raiders...and I'm a Vermiel fan....but it's just how I see things breaking down....the Raiders D is the best in that division...the OL isn't bad at all....one of those backs should do something....maybe lol...and Gannon seems to be recovered from that SB loss.....to me...it affected him mentally more than anything....

343196[/snapback]

:D This garbage gets funnier as the post goes on. :D

Just about everyone in Minnesota is banged up. M. Bennett, O. Smith, M. Williams, J. Kleinsasser, and M. Robinson. The Viking are off to a real slow start this year. Aaron Elling only making 3 of 7 kicks over the weekend. I think the Vikings will disappoint.

343299[/snapback]

There's still about a month until the 1st season game.

The worst team in professional football is Arizona. Bidwell blows as an owner.  :D

343248[/snapback]

It's too bad that the oldest team in the league with a very long line of family ownership is so horrible. Except from their playoff win against the CowBoys a few years ago, wasnt' their previous playoff win while they where still in Chicago?

It's too bad that the oldest team in the league with a very long line of family ownership is so horrible.  Except from their playoff win against the CowBoys a few years ago, wasnt' their previous playoff win while they where still in Chicago?

343354[/snapback]

Technically not. In the 60's there was a "Playoff Bowl", which was a consolation game, in which the Cards won a game. link