[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I have some spare time, let those fantasy questions rip...

irish

Hey Irish! 

RB - 4net, A.Jones, Monty, Foreman, Pollard (bye)

WR - Jefferson, Amon, Juju, D. Smith, Boyd

I've selected my thoughts in Bold.

RB - need 2

WR - need 2

Flex - need 1

Injuries & key players not producing is killing me this year! 😬

Go Cowboys! 

Edited by JohnbGoode

Alright Irish big one for ya. My WR's have been brutal all year and I need a shake up.

Currently 4-4, 3 straight L's mostly because of losing Breece.

QB: Hurts, Dak (bye)

RBs: JT, Chubb(bye), Monty, Hunt(bye), Pacheco, Williams(IR-R)

WRs: Meyers, DK, D Johnson(bye), R Moore

TEs: Andrews, Engram

Got offered Evans, Deebo, Patterson, & Everett for Andrews, JT, & R. Moore. (He also has Waddle & St. Brown. I want to be greedy and ask for waddle)

Thoughts on the trade?

Edited by WhyTug

19 hours ago, irish said:

Depends on your team makeup and price but I'm willing to take a shot on what could be a top 12 or higher RB ROS at a discount.

I'm the owner as it is.

Back are Taylor, Jones, Dillon, Walker, Pierce, R White

Do any of these:

Taylor for:

Amon St, Brown

Lockett

Metcalf

Evans

J Williams/Conner

Lamb

17 hours ago, sabercats5441 said:

PPR, I have TE Pat Freiermuth but will be off this week, shoudl I drop him for Tyler Conklin vs Buffalo, or pick Robert Tonyan Vs Detroit  or pick Hayden Hurst Vs Carolina or dont drop Pat Freiermut .

Thanks

Imo, Freiermuth is a top 5 TE, and I wouldn't drop him. I'd there someone else you can let go?  If so, my first option to add would be Conklin, then Tonyan. 

17 hours ago, sabercats5441 said:

Another 10 teams PPR, this make me crazy. Ezekiel Elliott is not good as I picked 3rd round 🙂

Now my BRs are:

Travis Etienne Jr,     Ezekiel Elliott , David Montgomery, Raheem Mostert

Should I drop any one for Cordarrelle Patterson ? Thanks

Zeke is a wreck!  And honestly, he's your lowest ranked RB and I'd rather have Patterson over him. You could try a trade first but nobody wants that trash. 

• Like 1

On 10/28/2022 at 4:52 PM, irish said:

YoBro, What's happening?

Yeah that's a rough start as Duvernay outscoring Andrews will rarely happen. As for the RBs, Henry could be the best RB play of the week. So him for sure, then Pierce and the tiebreaker for 3rd goes to Swift because of the better matchup. 

Well Irish, we were good on Henry but blew it on both our decision to play Swift and Pierce, with leaving Etienne and D'onta sitting on the bench. Let's see if we align this week. Thx.

Which 3 this week:

Henry vs KC

Etienne vs LV

Pierce vs Eagles 

Swift vs GB

Jamaal vs GB

D'onta vs Cin

Eno vs Sea

17 hours ago, FinishTheDrill said:

IRISH!

1) I have a waiver claim on rondale moore (40-60 chance on getting him) and have GPickens on the bench.

If the rondale thing doesnt work out, how do you like ARob, ZayJ, Pierce, Palmer, dotson, peoples?    Or just go with pickens?

The drop would be Bateman regardless of who I pick up. 

2) For my 1/2ppr flex ros, do you like hines, D'ernest,  or BrobJr?  Brobs getting steady work, but doing little with it.   I think hines has more upside, yes?  Robinson doesnt light me afire.    I like Dernest but he's a handcuff.  This spot would be for bye week fill/flex.  

What's up FTD!

So Pickens, imo, is a top 20 WR and could approach top 10.  Next on my list would be Peeps and then Moore.

In regard to the flex issue, I like BRob as, like you said, he'll get the most work. Then it'd be hines. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Thanks again. Still holding, didn't make a waiver move and Jones is still there. So I can probably wait and make a move later in the week, if Thomas isn't certain to play. Since roster moves cost $2 and I've already made a bunch, with no winnings likely to cover I'm starting to consider whether a move is really going to improve my team or not. 

Gotcha, yeah, smart move especially with no one grabbing Zay. 

7 hours ago, MJSimp21 said:

Hey dude! Thinking of making a trade - my team is below (I’m 6-2)

Geno

ETN/Swift (Patterson, Kyren, Dillon, Eno)

JJ/Hopkins/StBrown (Boyd, Pickins, Mike W)

I would trade Patterson, StBrown, Eno, 49ers for Waddle, Bills, Butker 

thanks!

Hey MJ,

Wow! Trading for a kicker!  Is that right?

So this is really getting a slight defensive upgrade going from the 49ers to Bills, but almost an even swap. Then giving Patterson, St. Brown and Eno for Waddle and a low ranked kicker. Patterson and Eno are even with Waddle and so you're giving away St. Brown for free, and St. Brown is only slightly worse than Waddle by himself. 

Hit DENY on this trade ASAP!

Edited by irish

6 hours ago, gijoerock said:

Is Irish code name for Adam Shefter?

🤣 HELL NO!

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, JohnbGoode said:

Hey Irish! 

RB - 4net, A.Jones, Monty, Foreman, Pollard (bye)

WR - Jefferson, Amon, Juju, D. Smith, Boyd

I've selected my thoughts in Bold.

RB - need 2

WR - need 2

Flex - need 1

Injuries & key players not producing is killing me this year! 😬

Go Cowboys! 

Hey Johnny,

I like the way you have things set right now, except I'd think of playing Boyd in the flex. I will say that your flex spot could be any one of 4 players - Boyd, JuJu, Foreman or Smith. 

HBTC!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, WhyTug said:

Alright Irish big one for ya. My WR's have been brutal all year and I need a shake up.

Currently 4-4, 3 straight L's mostly because of losing Breece.

QB: Hurts, Dak (bye)

RBs: JT, Chubb(bye), Monty, Hunt(bye), Pacheco, Williams(IR-R)

WRs: Meyers, DK, D Johnson(bye), R Moore

TEs: Andrews, Engram

Got offered Evans, Deebo, Patterson, & Everett for Andrews, JT, & R. Moore. (He also has Waddle & St. Brown. I want to be greedy and ask for waddle)

Thoughts on the trade?

Hey Tug,

Let's look at this trade...

OK, so the downside is obviously the hit you take by replacing Andrews with Everett in your lineup. That's on average 3 points per week and some weeks much more (5-10). Then the hot of losing Taylor and replacing him with Patterson, Monty or Hunt. Which is a similar loss to losing Andrews. So, easily losing 6 points and up to 15-20 per week on big weeks. Now you replace Meyers and Metcalf (as example) with Evans and Deebo and I do not think that you get the needed lift from them that you're losing at RB and TE.  You definitely need some WR help but I wouldn't look to shake things up this much. I think you're losing too much starting lineup value. 

3 hours ago, TheGuildedAge said:

I'm the owner as it is.

Back are Taylor, Jones, Dillon, Walker, Pierce, R White

Do any of these:

Taylor for:

Amon St, Brown

Lockett

Metcalf

Evans

J Williams/Conner

Lamb

I see. Looking at your RB crew, you could argue that Taylor is currently ranked 4th behind Pierce, Walker and Jones. If you can get St. Brown, Evans or Lamb in that order, you're getting the better end of that deal and improving your lineup. 

2 hours ago, Yoyo said:

Well Irish, we were good on Henry but blew it on both our decision to play Swift and Pierce, with leaving Etienne and D'onta sitting on the bench. Let's see if we align this week. Thx.

Which 3 this week:

Henry vs KC

Etienne vs LV

Pierce vs Eagles 

Swift vs GB

Jamaal vs GB

D'onta vs Cin

Eno vs Sea

Damn, Ettiene and Foreman on the bench for Stiff...I mean Swift and Pierce last week, ugh!  Nailed Henry being the best RB play but that was pretty straight forward. 

Henry and Etienne are 1 and 2 and I'm rolling with Pierce 3rd.

GL

Edited by irish

31 minutes ago, irish said:

I see. Looking at your RB crew, you could argue that Taylor is currently ranked 4th behind Pierce, Walker and Jones. If you can get St. Brown, Evans or Lamb in that order, you're getting the better end of that deal and improving your lineup. 

Thanks, thought about trading Pierce too so I get two WR1/WR2, then just grab deejay dallas/homer so I "own" GB and SEA backfields for better or worse. Week 14 would be rough you would just be starting Rachaad White or some other waiver find.

For some of my trades, I am also trying to land a jamaal williams/ james conner type for some depth

31 minutes ago, TheGuildedAge said:

Thanks, thought about trading Pierce too so I get two WR1/WR2, then just grab deejay dallas/homer so I "own" GB and SEA backfields for better or worse. Week 14 would be rough you would just be starting Rachaad White or some other waiver find.

For some of my trades, I am also trying to land a jamaal williams/ james conner type for some depth

I'd never want to short my fantasy backfield. I think you're good to keep 3 solid RBs, especially if you can flex one and to cover byes. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, irish said:

I'd never want to short my fantasy backfield. I think you're good to keep 3 solid RBs, especially if you can flex one and to cover byes. 

Sorry to bother you again, Thursday night football looming.

Is Pierce a must start or Houston offense so bad Philly just stacks him out of game.

Two separate trades, but how do you feel about this?

I give Pierce, Taylor, Keenan Allen

I get Ceedee Lamb, Jamaal Williams, Tyler Higbee, Josh Palmer

Roster after trade:

QB: Hurts

RB: Jones, Walker, Dillon, R White, K Williams, J Williams, and then I add Deejay Dallas or homer from waivers

WR: Lamb, Olave, DJ Moore, Sutton, D Smith, Palmer

TE: Higbee, Dulcich, Njoku (IR), Likely (would have to drop or trade one)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheGuildedAge said:

Sorry to bother you again, Thursday night football looming.

Is Pierce a must start or Houston offense so bad Philly just stacks him out of game.

Two separate trades, but how do you feel about this?

I give Pierce, Taylor, Keenan Allen

I get Ceedee Lamb, Jamaal Williams, Tyler Higbee, Josh Palmer

Roster after trade:

QB: Hurts

RB: Jones, Walker, Dillon, R White, K Williams, J Williams, and then I add Deejay Dallas or homer from waivers

WR: Lamb, Olave, DJ Moore, Sutton, D Smith, Palmer

TE: Higbee, Dulcich, Njoku (IR), Likely (would have to drop or trade one)

I think you should start Pierce as I see him as a top 10-12 RB this week. I think he sees an increase in targets/ receptions with Cooks and Nico out. 

I wouldn't make that trade as I feel you're giving up too much potential. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, irish said:

I think you should start Pierce as I see him as a top 10-12 RB this week. I think he sees an increase in targets/ receptions with Cooks and Nico out. 

I wouldn't make that trade as I feel you're giving up too much potential. 

THANKS!

Frankly, Taylor's value so low I literally can't give him away. Was gonna drop Kyren Williams for Jackson but wasnt fast enough.

• Like 1

Hi Irish,

Thanks again for your continued advice. A few quick ones:

1. Brady vs rams (15.8) or fields vs. Miami (16.3)? 

2. Full ppr need 2 rbs 2wrs and 1 flex

Rb Cook, Kamara, Stevenson d. Jackson

Wr Hopkins Higgins Evans Godwin olave g. Davis

Good problem to have, but I have tried repeatedly to package these guys (2 for 1) for upgrades with no success...

Thanks!

I'll be down at Holmdel @ the Group finals all day, and when I get home I could really use some of your wisdom sprinkled with a little good luck on top !  

Some wacky questions for my cut throat 12 team 2qb nightmare that I signed up for.  1/2ppr.  I am already projected down 18points (34%-66%)

a) higbee,  tonyan, or LIkely ( for week 9.  And beyond)

I own higbee but he's "declining" (?) and  Tonyan has a good matchup this week. 

Likely is miniMandrews, but the usage will be dependent upon MacroMAndrews. 

Whichever I dont take will no longer be available after this week, so ros is a real concern as well.   

b) Pittman.  He's my WR2.  Just tell me it'll be OK.  Heck, lie to me even.   0 other options this week.   I have faith.  I think. 

c) QB2:  Teddy, Zappe, BakerMayfield, or Foles.   I am 100% not kidding here.  Currently have teddyBW in my QB2.  I figure there's a chance Tua gets dinged.  I could drop him for that guy from the patriots.  Or I could turn off my computer and go rake the leaves.  ( I wouldnt be bothering you or wasting pixels if there were other options.)

d) IR stashes for the future.   BCooks, TreylonBurks, JohanDotson, or KyrenWilliams?

I have KW there now, but that backfield is as confusing as multivariable calc and I am already deep with RB's. (ekelerKamaraPierceWhiteHines). Thinking Burks?  

9 hours ago, mcoop22 said:

Hi Irish,

Thanks again for your continued advice. A few quick ones:

1. Brady vs rams (15.8) or fields vs. Miami (16.3)? 

2. Full ppr need 2 rbs 2wrs and 1 flex

Rb Cook, Kamara, Stevenson d. Jackson

Wr Hopkins Higgins Evans Godwin olave g. Davis

Good problem to have, but I have tried repeatedly to package these guys (2 for 1) for upgrades with no success...

Thanks!

Hey Coop, my pleasure. 

1. Brady and Fields are so closely ranked this week that I'd rather run Fields out there with his rushing numbers breaking the tie. 

2. RBs - Kamara and Stevenson 

WRs- Christ!  Way too many great options but I'll roll with Hopkins for sure and then a coin flip between Evans and Higgins came up Evans. 

Flex - Again, a sh1tload of great options but can't bench Cook. 

Definitely need to keep trying to package trade some of those WRs, but I know it's tough to pull a for deal.