[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is Dallas missing Murray

Grits and Shins

You don't think having a running game helps the defense as well?

I dont think Murray would be much if any better than what you're getting now with Weededn back there. But last night, everyone watching knew Brees couldn't/didn't want to throw the ball down field...and they couldn't come close to stopping him when they had to Edited by HowboutthemCowboys

I dont think Murray would be much if any better than what you're getting now with Weededn back there. But last night, everyone watching knew Brees couldn't/didn't want to throw the ball down field...and they couldn't come close to stopping him when they had to

I already stipulated that it would be tough to run with Weeden under center (and no Dez) ... but Murray > Randle

• Like 1

meh

YOURE GONNA SAY MEH??

After he putup 1900 yards for you and brought you THROUGH Seattle and dominated all YEAR??

WHERE IS YOUR O LINE NOW??? The overrated one thats the best in the LEAGUE??

Give me a break. Just admit they paid the wrong guys that are on the side like right now and STIFFED Demarco Murray..

Did Emmitt ever run for 1900 yards? He had a much better line than this one...

o WAIT its that O LINE RIGHT?

Get OUT OF HERE im so tired of hearing the cowboys o line is soo good.. its really not. It shows wit the bums that cant come close to what demarco did.

Im so tired of hearing people think that the cowboys o line is sooo good. It was in the 90's and right now its a decent o line..

Case and point demarco murray is a top 5 back STILL.... run in the i-formation in philly 25 times a game and see what happens..

BTW Weeden looked just fine.. you worry more about your play calling in dallas. Because weedens throws especially that TD Throw are pure spirals and not dumb check dumbs across the middle that accumlate garbage yards.

there are 12 QBs that have more rushing yards than DeMarco atm..... just sayin

that has more to do with chip kelly than it does murray...murray was stupid for buying the magic pouch of beans and going there in the first place...that (eagles) offense is so dysfunctional now, it's almost comical to watch (and, very satisfying if you're not a fan of that team), and sam bradford is NOT the answer, however i'm not complainin'...LOL

the eagles wouldn't have even scored a touchdown, yesterday, if the redskins had any semblance of a secondary...culliver, who didn't practice wednesday - friday was forced to suit-up and go at less than 100%, which is why they got torched by cooper and austin for two long scores...

i heard heath evans analyzing murray and mathews vs. shady on NFLN this morning, and he said the huge difference is that shady has the ability to make the first guy miss, then find a small seam, whereas neither murray nor mathews can do that, leaving them bottled up in chip's scheme, with the entire d-line swarmiing...which makes a lot of sense if you think about it...

Edited by the outlaw

Its a total joke to keep dez and romo and pay those guys and let demarco walk, because you think that "O-line is elite" no. DeMarco is Elite.

29 carries for 47 yards? Stud!

yes 29 carries over 4 games. Not one carry in the i formation or the single back

Way to read the whole post and make a logical and intelligent response

"Elite" RBs produce more than 1.6 ypc, even in systems that don't suit them well. Do you think Minnesota's shotgun-heavy offense this year really fits Adrian Peterson's power running style? No, but he's still turned in two 100-yard games and has 5.0 ypc on the year.

"Elite" RBs produce more than 1.6 ypc, even in systems that don't suit them well. Do you think Minnesota's shotgun-heavy offense this year really fits Adrian Peterson's power running style? No, but he's still turned in two 100-yard games and has 5.0 ypc on the year.

What does that have to do with giving demarco the ball from the i form or single back... most of adrians yards a from single back non shotgun sets..

check back in about the cowboys o-line.. emmitt... etc seems like you dont want to address.

I clearly remember demarco screaming give me the ball on the side line after hurdling over a dallas defender in that game.

He plays with a lot of heart and has every skill the elite backs have.

Ran for 1900 and ran THROUGH seattle last year. Shows this year it has 0 to do with that overRATED line in dallas.

check back in.

Dallas is missing 13 playmakers. 13 of the best players Dallas has. Lee, Hardy, Gregory, Scandrick, Romo, Dez, Mincey, Gackar, R. McClain, and now Dunbar. T. McClain on IR, Leary was also out for two games, Crawford came up gimpy, Hanna is playing on a bad ankle, and Hayden playing on a bad ankle, even Witten playing with two bad ankles and a sore knee.

So to say this team is missing Murray is silly. it's missing everybody it seems! I have never seen a team have so many starters injured. I mean every one of the teams best players are either out injured or suspended. Think about that. Take any team and remove their starting QB, their best WR, 4 of their best defensive lineman, 2 of their best Linebackers, their best corner AND their back up running back, their back up WR.

Example, Take away Tom Brady, Deon Lewis, Gronk, Blount and what do you think the Patriots would play like. Would you be blaming the O line for their lack of production.

This team has over half of it's staters either missing or playing at less than 100%. Defenses have realized that Weeden can't hurt them so they play base early and when they do they get gashed. Once they settle down and begin to creep up and play 8 even 9 in the box the running game goes away and the offense begins to cramp up. Teams play single safety high, one on one outside and everyone else in the box with only one objective, stop the run. Weeden made few plays in this one but players let him down on a number of occasions.

1. Street stepping out of bounds on 3rd down grab to force punt

2. Holding call Carr on interception by Church.

3. Holding call on Mo after interception

4. Butler drifting out of bounds and pulling up lame instead of scoring on 67 yard bomb settle for field goal

5. T Willams getting mauled and can't get off the line of scrimmage let alone open until the last series.

6. Randle running softer than a rabbits cotton balls. Fumbling on the goal line after trying to fly like an eagle one handed after being told not to do it. Ended up getting benched.

7. WR's are T. Willams, Butler (rookie), Cole Beasley (tiny) Devin Street (2nd year rookie, and sorry)..........

Bottom line is no team in the league can play good football with that many key players out injured. There is simply no continuity with players going in and out. They played hard but the longer the game stays close, the more the game slides towards Drew Brees or the other team veteran QB. It's just a matter of time that they find a mistake or inexperienced player to exploit.

Now, this week the defense gets back R. McClain, Hardy and hopefully Lee. Therefore the defensive line rotation will be back to full strength assuming they are ready to play after being off for 4 weeks. Gregory should be back after the bye. Dez has a chance to be back after the bye. Romo can't come back until week 11.

So until we get Dez back OR Cassel can prove to be a better QB then Weeden and have some semblence of a passing game, defenses are going to stack the line and play the run all game long. I don't care how good a Line is, playing 7 on 6 or 8 on 6 in the NFL will prove tough sledding to run the ball. This line isn't playing all that well anyway as they have only played two games this year with the same starting lineup of last year! This is the same line as last year and they will play well once we have some kind of balance again but until then, no running back is going to have consistent games. Also remember the other teams Defense stays fresh all game long because of long drives by their offenses. Last year our running game got better as the game wore on because we kept the ball more.

So do we miss Murray. NO, we miss our starters. Once they come back, so will our running game. Our defense will be better for two reasons. 1. they will have all their starters back (IF they can stay healthy) and 2. They won't be playing all game because the offense can't move the ball and keep going 3 n out.

This was a huge loss because this one win could have helped us a lot once we get to November. As it stands now we might not win another game until Romo is back the way the injuries keep popping up. IF we can somehow survive and get past all these injuries the way the division is shaping up we could certainly be in the mix late at full strength.

Edited by Cowboyz1

Dallas is missing 13 playmakers. 13 of the best players Dallas has. Lee, Hardy, Gregory, Scandrick, Romo, Dez, Mincey, Gackar, R. McClain, and now Dunbar. T. McClain on IR, Leary was also out for two games, Crawford came up gimpy, Hanna is playing on a bad ankle, and Hayden playing on a bad ankle, even Witten playing with two bad ankles and a sore knee.

So to say this team is missing Murray is silly. it's missing everybody it seems! I have never seen a team have so many starters injured. I mean every one of the teams best players are either out injured or suspended. Think about that. Take any team and remove their starting QB, their best WR, 4 of their best defensive lineman, 2 of their best Linebackers, their best corner AND their back up running back, their back up WR.

Example, Take away Tom Brady, Deon Lewis, Gronk, Blount and what do you think the Patriots would play like. Would you be blaming the O line for their lack of production.

This team has over half of it's staters either missing or playing at less than 100%. Defenses have realized that Weeden can't hurt them so they play base early and when they do they get gashed. Once they settle down and begin to creep up and play 8 even 9 in the box the running game goes away and the offense begins to cramp up. Teams play single safety high, one on one outside and everyone else in the box with only one objective, stop the run. Weeden made few plays in this one but players let him down on a number of occasions.

1. Street stepping out of bounds on 3rd down grab to force punt

2. Holding call Carr on interception by Church.

3. Holding call on Mo after interception

4. Butler drifting out of bounds and pulling up lame instead of scoring on 67 yard bomb settle for field goal

5. T Willams getting mauled and can't get off the line of scrimmage let alone open until the last series.

6. Randle running softer than a rabbits cotton balls. Fumbling on the boat line after trying to fly like an eagle one handed after being told not to do it. Ended up getting benched.

7. WR's are T. Willams, Butler (rookie), Cole Beasley (tiny) Devin Street (2nd year rookie, and sorry)..........

Bottom line is no team in the league can play good football with that many key players out injured. There is simply no continuity with players going in and out. They played hard but the longer the game stays close, the more the game slides towards Drew Brees or the other team veteran QB. It's just a matter of time that they find a mistake or inexperienced player to exploit.

Now, this week the defense gets back R. McClain, Hardy and hopefully Lee. Therefore the defensive line rotation will be back to full strength assuming they are ready to play after being off for 4 weeks. Gregory should be back after the bye. Dez has a chance to be back after the bye. Romo can't come back until week 11.

So until we get Dez back OR Cassel can prove to be a better QB then Weeden and have some semblence of a passing game, defenses are going to stack the line and play the run all game long. I don't care how good a Line is, playing 7 on 6 or 8 on 6 in the NFL will prove tough sledding to run the ball. This line isn't playing all that well anyway as they have only played two games this year with the same starting lineup of last year! This is the same line as last year and they will play well once we have some kind of balance again but until then, no running back is going to have consistent games. Also remember the other teams Defense stays fresh all game long because of long drives by their offenses. Last year our running game got better as the game wore on because we kept the ball more.

So do we miss Murray. NO, we miss our starters. Once they come back, so will our running game. Our defense will be better for two reasons. 1. they will have all their starters back (IF they can stay healthy) and 2. They won't be playing all game because the offense can't move the ball and keep going 3 n out.

This was a huge loss because this one win could have helped us a lot once we get to November. As it stands now we might not win another game until Romo is back the way the injuries keep popping up. IF we can somehow survive and get past all these injuries the way the division is shaping up we could certainly be in the mix late at full strength.

I may agree or I may disagree. But I'm not about to read all that.

• Like 4

Dallas has the following schedule:

Patriots

@ NYG

Seattle

Eagles

@ Bucs

@ Dolphins

Panthers

@ Redskins

@ Packers

Jets

@ Bills

Redskins

The games in bold I see them as being heavy underdogs. The Patriots are the better team. The Giants want revenge and get a depleted Cowboys team in NY. Seattle's defense is too good. The Packers are a better team.

So that is 6 total losses, with the 2 they have now. I Can't see them running the rest of the games so give them 2 more losses @ Bills and maybe Panthers). So they are looking at a best case scenario of 8-8. That could still be enough to challenge for the East, but not the wild card.

I hate the Cowboys, but even I have to admit it is tough for any team to come back from all the injuries they have. I believe their only chance is for their defense to step up and shut down the lesser team and hope for a 9-7 finish.

Like I said, with the NFC East, that could be enough to win the division.

I am not sure if they miss Murray or not but what's everyones take on this Christine Michael kid? :tup:

I think he might get his shot...or, not! :rofl:

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?/topic/446794-christine-michael-getting-his-shot/

and, no, I can't believe I just did this... :brow: