[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is Dallas missing Murray

Grits and Shins

Absolutely, Randle can't be trusted in pass protection and failed to come close to Murray's numbers in any game last year. DMC should take over the starting job hopefully before Randle gets Romo killed. With Dez out teams are going to blitz A Lot more. Randle doesn't have the blocking toughness or the bricks in his pocket to get the job done.

Most impressive 6 for 16 yard effort evah!

Did you see his carries? Two where short yardage for first downs which he got. Another he got hit just after the handoff on a run blitz when Dez went out and Landon came up to play in the box. Given the same opportunity as Randle you would see a much different stat line. We'll see. Randle puts the ball on the ground again or misses a blitzing linebacker we'll see DMC get his chance.

Edited by Cowboyz1

Did you see his carries? Two where short yardage for first downs which he got. Another he got hit just after the handoff on a run blitz when Dez went out and Landon came up to play in the box. Given the same opportunity as Randle you would see a much different stat line. We'll see. Randle puts the ball on the ground again or misses a blitzing linebacker we'll see DMC get his chance.

While Randle's hold as lead horse in the RBBC is obviously tenuous, your crush on McFadden seemingly skews your perspective on both RBs. Edited by Bobby Brown

While Randle's hold as lead horse in the RBBC is obviously tenuous, your crush on McFadden seemingly skews your perspective on both RBs.

Not really, I just know DMC is a more complete back than Randle. The Cowboys staff and players know it also. However, they also know they need Randle to be good because they don't trust DMC to stay healthy and he is the older of the two backs. So they are giving Randle a crash course in what it's like to be a starter so in case they do need him at the end of the year, he's ready. I seriously believe they will move to DMC once they feel Randle has some experience. When the games get big and Romo needs protection, DMC will be the one in there for Pass protection. I cringe every time Randle is in there on passing downs, and just before he get tackled. The ball is away from his body. We'll see but I hope I am wrong and it doesn't cost us at some point.

Edited by Cowboyz1

Christine Michael. Randle is backup material and DMC is too injury prone.

Yeah the story is Christine is killin our scout team and people are talking. They were talking about him in the post game tonight. The local beat writers are raving about him and the coaches quietly very excited about this kid. Maybe he has his head screwed on right now and ready to contribute in a big way soon.

Edited by Cowboyz1

I think he just needed to get out of Seattle. Sometimes, not all the time, a player just needs a change of address to make the move up the ladder.

I hope he gets a shot. I have been holding him in my dynasty league since his rookie year.

Tonight:

Randle 16 carries, 65 yards, 0 TD

DMC, 6 carries, 16 yards, 0 TD

2014, game 1:

Murray 28 carries, 128 yards, 1 TD

2014, game 2:

Murray 24 carries, 121 years, 0 TD

I agree that they didnt do as well as Murray but how do you leave out their receiving #s ? Dunbar 8-70, Randle 3-42

• Like 1

While Randle's hold as lead horse in the RBBC is obviously tenuous, your crush on McFadden seemingly skews your perspective on both RBs.

I am honestly with Cowboyz on the McFadden teat. I know he can get hurt at a whim but I truly feel he is the biggest home run threat in the backfield. That one play where he caught the edge he kicked it in a gear that those other guys just dont have. I wish he got more looks last night. Dunbar was excellent on that game winning drive through the air. I am not a fan of the committee and prefer a bell cow system but Murray is gone and I am not going to think about him anymore

Edited by whomper

Honestly it wasn't the Dallas' run game that almost cost them last night. The o-line was amazing, Romo had tons of time in the pocket and the RBs found holes pretty easily and continuously converted on 3rd downs, especially the last drive to Dunbar that led to the game winning TD pass to Witten.

Romo made some of the best audibles I've seen in a while and picked through their secondary. The Cowboys' WRs looked sluggish. Cole Beasley was stripped 1st quarter, Witten tipped his pass which led to an INT, Dez and Williams had a few easy passes that they dropped.

I think they will miss Murray...but not as bad as I initially thought.

The backs they have in the RBBC all bring something to the table.

I think Randle is solid if unspectacular

I think McFadden (who im pulling for) is in a great spot and can be killer with minim. 5-10 touches a game

I think Dunbar looked great as a rec

Im not a RBBC fan but in this case I think it works... McFadden cant handle a full load, he'll get hurt.

plus with that line, I could probably do well.

I don't think Romo got touched last night....literally

I think he just needed to get out of Seattle. Sometimes, not all the time, a player just needs a change of address to make the move up the ladder.

I hope he gets a shot. I have been holding him in my dynasty league since his rookie year.

Maybe. Either that or he continues to be the most over hyped game day inactive RB in history.

Annnnnd....Christine Michael is inactive for week 2.

Yep and neither McFadden or Randall did much today...both averaging around 3 yards per carry (did that EVER happen last year with Murray?).

I really believe Dallas needs to get Michael out there to see what he can do. The other two guys have been flops playing behind a really great offensive line. Next man up.

Dallas would trade 3 DeMarco Murray's for one healthy Tony Romo

Yes, but that division is so sorry Dallas should be able to hang on by playing decent defense and managing the offense (Romo could be back in 6 weeks). Philadelphia looked like a dumpster fire today. Dallas wasn't that good, but boy oh boy Philly looked horrific.

Edited by kwolf68

I really believe Dallas needs to get Michael out there to see what he can do.

He was inactive almost all the time in Seattle; it wasn't because of lack of ability. He had trouble remembering plays, protection assignments, and fumbled a lot. These issues may still be there for him in Dallas.